The GOAT: "I would not have called Larry and Magic and say let’s play together"

This is the bottom line: Bron ain't tryin to leave the league without a ring. PERIOD! He doesn't care about people on message boards arguing about his Legacy and how its 'tarnished'. He doesn't care about bloggers calling him Pippen and Robin. He doesn't care about MJ eluding to his lack of competiveness. All he wants is to get a ring. All of the aforementioned people's respect for him remaining a cavalier means jack squat if at the end of his career he has no 'chip. Son is doing him and the rest of the world is backseat driving his vehicle.

Do I like the decision? No. But at the end of the day he is a grown man so he makes his own decisions. Period.

This is the bottom line: Bron ain't tryin to leave the league without a ring. PERIOD! He doesn't care about people on message boards arguing about his Legacy and how its 'tarnished'. He doesn't care about bloggers calling him Pippen and Robin. He doesn't care about MJ eluding to his lack of competiveness. All he wants is to get a ring. All of the aforementioned people's respect for him remaining a cavalier means jack squat if at the end of his career he has no 'chip. Son is doing him and the rest of the world is backseat driving his vehicle.

Do I like the decision? No. But at the end of the day he is a grown man so he makes his own decisions. Period.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Jordan basically called LeBron a coward without really saying it.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

He's simply saying he wouldn't have teamed up with two other elite talents because they're his friends. He didn't even touch on the leaving the city portion of it but I'm sure that had to contribute into his thinking as well.

Scottie is better than anybody LeBron has played with at this point in his career and it's not even close.

For what he did, Dennis Rodman was also infinitely better (7 rebounding titles consecutive), hell even Horace Grant in his role is better than anyone LeBron has had to fill the same role.

It's not even close to parallel, not to mention Wade and certainly Bosh =/= Magic or Larry.

Looking at the competition relative to the time.  Scottie wasn't considered a top 5 player in the NBA at the time.  Wade and LeBron are widely considered to both be top 5 players in the NBA.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

He's simply saying he wouldn't have teamed up with two other elite talents because they're his friends. He didn't even touch on the leaving the city portion of it but I'm sure that had to contribute into his thinking as well.

Scottie is better than anybody LeBron has played with at this point in his career and it's not even close.

For what he did, Dennis Rodman was also infinitely better (7 rebounding titles consecutive), hell even Horace Grant in his role is better than anyone LeBron has had to fill the same role.

It's not even close to parallel, not to mention Wade and certainly Bosh =/= Magic or Larry.

Looking at the competition relative to the time.  Scottie wasn't considered a top 5 player in the NBA at the time.  Wade and LeBron are widely considered to both be top 5 players in the NBA.

"Mike and I are in 100 percent agreement on this," Charles Barkley told the Arizona Republic this week. "If you're the two-time defending NBA MVP, you don't leave anywhere. They come to you. That's ridiculous. I like LeBron. He's a great player. But I don't think in the history of sports you can find a two-time defending MVP leaving to go play with other people."

"Mike and I are in 100 percent agreement on this," Charles Barkley told the Arizona Republic this week. "If you're the two-time defending NBA MVP, you don't leave anywhere. They come to you. That's ridiculous. I like LeBron. He's a great player. But I don't think in the history of sports you can find a two-time defending MVP leaving to go play with other people."

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Kobe haters sure love to mention stuff that isn't even basketball related about him as a rebuttal.
laugh.gif

National Enquirer %%% *@!+!*...

laugh.gif
smh so true. Don't forget how they have to bring up MJ to fully discredit Kobe.

Kobe haters sure love to mention stuff that isn't even basketball related about him as a rebuttal.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I think he wants to win NOW... and if later down the line he is able to win on his own, then so be it.

But if Kobe is still credited for those early championships with Shaq, then i dont see why Bron wouldnt get credited either (if the heat live up to the hype).

I see it as win now, seal legacy later. Sorta how Kobe did it.

MJs still right... when a team is "your team" you just dont leave that situation, you build on it. But to be honest, i didnt see him ever winning a chip in Cleveland. It seemed as if he carried the team by himself every year.

I think he wants to win NOW... and if later down the line he is able to win on his own, then so be it.

But if Kobe is still credited for those early championships with Shaq, then i dont see why Bron wouldnt get credited either (if the heat live up to the hype).

MJs still right... when a team is "your team" you just dont leave that situation, you build on it. But to be honest, i didnt see him ever winning a chip in Cleveland. It seemed as if he carried the team by himself every year.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Comment+thread title=
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Comment+thread title=
laugh.gif

Im sure they never really had a CHANCE to be on one team.....Lebron wade and bosh DID.

he sacraficed money for a TEAM.......I swear its damn if you do for a team and damn if you dont for a team

The hell do people want???

Im sure they never really had a CHANCE to be on one team.....Lebron wade and bosh DID.

he sacraficed money for a TEAM.......I swear its damn if you do for a team and damn if you dont for a team

The hell do people want???

laugh.gif
I figured MJ would feel this way. It's pretty obvious MJ answered from a perspective if he were in LeBron's shoes

roll.gif
@ the LeBron bandwagon going so hard talking about Pippen.

laugh.gif
I figured MJ would feel this way. It's pretty obvious MJ answered from a perspective if he were in LeBron's shoes

roll.gif
@ the LeBron bandwagon going so hard talking about Pippen.

Why didnt garnett allen and pierce get this much flak when they joined teams??????????????
What about Peyton...malone...joining shaq and kobe?????

why soo much damn hate???

If this was kobe wade and bosh on the lakers....this would be the greatest thing ever.

Why didnt garnett allen and pierce get this much flak when they joined teams??????????????
What about Peyton...malone...joining shaq and kobe?????

why soo much damn hate???

If this was kobe wade and bosh on the lakers....this would be the greatest thing ever.

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

What are you talking about? **%@ makes NO sense at all.

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

What are you talking about? **%@ makes NO sense at all.

Back
Top Bottom