The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFL ratings are down. If every 15 yard penalty is reviewed -- and it's interpretative penalties as it is, so almost all will be challenged -- games will be 4+ hours. I love football as much as you can, but nah...That's like an additional 1,000 Peyton commercials than the regular. No, thanks.

Why did he put Stafford and Luck in that group of good quarterbacks with losing records but ignore great quarterbacks with winning records like Roesthlisberger, Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers heck maybe even Derek Carr or Matt Ryan?

All to fit a narrative.

Or maybe his greater point just went over your head

:lol:

Yep I've NEVER seen that dude post before.

Excessive celebration is the dumbest penalty, just give them a delay of game if anything.

The only one that's been excessive lately is the William Gay pick six, and that might go down as the greatest celebration in history. :lol:

As much as i hate the Raiders...i gotta give the 1st qtr MVP nod to Carr that boy been CLUTCH

That's a bit too far with the hype.
laugh.gif
Here we go with the hype thing again. Carr is balling. Sometimes you just have to give credit where credit is do. 

He's winning his team games and producing every week. He's engineered more game winning drives than any other QB in the league since the start of 2015, and already has 2 this season.  

As silly as it is to talk MVP through 4 games, if we are gonna do it then Carr deserves to be in the discussion as much as anybody, has nothing to do with hype to me. 

Last edited:
Why did he put Stafford and Luck in that group of good quarterbacks with losing records but ignore great quarterbacks with winning records like Roesthlisberger, Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers heck maybe even Derek Carr or Matt Ryan?

All to fit a narrative.

Minnesota is undefeated while losing their starting QB, HOF RB, bad offense line, pedestrian offense, but narrative because of Derek Carr?

NFL ratings are down. If every 15 yard penalty is reviewed -- and it's interpretative penalties as it is, so almost all will be challenged -- games will be 4+ hours. I love football as much as you can, but nah...That's like an additional 1,000 Peyton commercials than the regular. No, thanks.
I'm glad ratings are down, Goddell has interfered with the NFL product too much

[thread="651382"] [/thread]
As much as i hate the Raiders...i gotta give the 1st qtr MVP nod to Carr that boy been CLUTCH

That's a bit too far with the hype. :lol:

Here we go with the hype thing again. Carr is balling. Sometimes you just have to give credit where credit is do. 

He's winning his team games and producing every week. He's engineered more game winning drives than any other QB in the league since the start of 2015, and already has 2 this season.  

As silly as it is to talk MVP through 4 games, if we are gonna do it then Carr deserves to be in the discussion as much as anybody, has nothing to do with hype to me. 

So, you criticize me for the word hype, yet agree that the MVP talk is silly...Get your homerism out of the way and understand reality. Got it. MVP talk is hype.

You went way too far with that as well. :lol:

Carr is playing very well, yes.

Last edited:
Chester McFloppy's 1st Quarter of the Season MVP standings:
1) Matt Ryan
2) Von Miller
3) Derek Carr
4) Aaron Donald
5) Ben Roethlisberger
6) Harrison Smith

Last edited:

So, you criticize me for the word hype, yet agree that the MVP talk is silly...Get your homerism out of the way and understand reality. Got it. MVP talk is hype.

What are you talking about? What exactly have I gone too far with?

If the season ended today, Carr would be in the MVP discussion.

That's NOT hype, that's reality.

If someone nominates Carr for their first quarter MVP choice, that's not hype.

You had nothing to say about your guy being nominated for first quarter MVP in the same very post. Yet someone nominates Carr and it's "hype" yet I'm the homer? :lol:

Just admit hype was a poor choice of words man. :lol:

I'll squeeze Russ in that top 3.

Vikings defense is too good as a whole for Harrison to be taken serious, but he's surpassed Earl as the best Safety in the game.

What are you talking about? What exactly have I gone too far with?

If the season ended today, Carr would be in the MVP discussion.

That's NOT hype, that's reality.

If someone nominates Carr for their first quarter MVP choice, that's not hype.

You had nothing to say about your guy being nominated for first quarter MVP in the same very post. Yet someone nominates Carr and it's "hype" yet I'm the homer? :lol:

Just admit hype was a poor choice of words man. :lol:

I wasn't acknowledging Peter King. I think that list is ridiculous. I was referring to the poster that actually went far enough to expound on the reasons why the list has at least some legitimacy, by pointing out that someone, in a ridiculous list, is actually ranked too low. Big difference.

Buuuttt...since you don't see how ridiculous this is, let me remind you that you're arguing about an MVP "discussion" that is not for season MVP, but quarterly MVP...Not even mid-season. Practically everyone who has had two great games is in the "discussion." This is why that award doesn't exist. There has not been anything close to enough football having been played to differentiate a true MVP.

Again, you're taking it way too far. Yeah, he's in the quarterly "discussion." So is Dak, Wentz, Bradford Jimmy G...I'm not being ridiculous. :lol:

Last edited:

All to fit a narrative.

Minnesota is undefeated while losing their starting QB, HOF RB, bad offense line, pedestrian offense, but narrative because of Derek Carr?

I believe his talking point is a variation of his all you need is quarterback spiel.

This one may focus on defense, I'm not sure because Palmers defense isn't bad.

It ignores the fact there's good quarterbacks with winning records...even good quarterbacks without great defense with winning records. I think Derek Carr fits that group.

It's too early in the season to form a list like that anyways.

Last edited:

nah. first quarter mvp (as silly as it sounds) is matty ice. lets just hope he doesnt turn into natty ice.

Chester McFloppy's 1st Quarter of the Season MVP standings:
1) Matt Ryan
2) Von Miller
3) Derek Carr
4) Aaron Donald
5) Ben Roethlisberger
6) Harrison Smith

ches :smokin

I don't understand why AZ didn't draft a QB. Palmer is old, had serious injuries and we saw how incredible he was in the playoffs last year. They ****** up.

All to fit a narrative.

:lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom