The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
 Buuuttt...since you don't see how ridiculous this is, let me remind you that you're arguing about an MVP "discussion" that is not for season MVP, but quarterly MVP...Not even mid-season. Practically everyone who has had two great games is in the "discussion." This is why that award doesn't exist. There has not been anything close to enough football having been played to differentiate a true MVP.

Again, you're taking it way too far. Yeah, he's in the quarterly "discussion." So is Dak, Wentz, Bradford Jimmy G...I'm not being ridiculous.
laugh.gif
Nah you just don't know what hype means, I don't know why you took offense when I pointed out your misuse of the word. 
laugh.gif

No first quarter MVP isn't a real award. But if it it were, Carr would be in the discussion.  That's not based on hype, that's based on performance on the field up to this point in the NFL season. I don't know how you can't grasp that. 

When someone rightfully acknowledges that up to this point Matt Ryan has been the leagues MVP that's not hype. It might be premature within the context of the full award, but it's not hype because it's backed up by his play on the field.

Last edited:
Why did he put Stafford and Luck in that group of good quarterbacks with losing records but ignore great quarterbacks with winning records like Roesthlisberger, Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers heck maybe even Derek Carr or Matt Ryan?

All to fit a narrative.

Or maybe his greater point just went over your head

:lol:

Yep I've NEVER seen that dude post before.

Minnesota is undefeated while losing their starting QB, HOF RB, bad offense line, pedestrian offense, but narrative because of Derek Carr?

I believe his talking point is a variation of his all you need is quarterback spiel.

This one may focus on defense, I'm not sure because Palmers defense isn't bad.

It ignores the fact there's good quarterbacks with winning records...even good quarterbacks without great defense with winning records. I think Derek Carr fits that group.

It's too early in the season to form a list like that anyways.

Well considering his original post falls in line wit what he's been consistently preaching over the years I'm still trying the see where's the narrative.

And with NTs collective groupthink that the QB is the end all be all he's not particularly wrong here.

I don't understand why AZ didn't draft a QB. Palmer is old, had serious injuries and we saw how incredible he was in the playoffs last year. They ****** up.
They don't have a good history of drafting QBs :lol:

I agree they should have got a more competent backup

stantondance.0.0.gif

However if this guy throws a TD, hope he does that

and acting like everybody is wishing for your downfall.
Wait...so this doesn't happen? This isn't a real thing?
laugh.gif
Alright, I guess. I must be reading and seeing it wrong.

These things don't bother me btw, I've accepted a long time ago it's just a part of sports. You either live with it or find another passion.

The persecution complex IS an issue. I'll acknowledge it runs rampant in the fanbase. You should be a lil' familiar with that too, being a Steelers fan and all.
happy.gif

You're still beloved in the media.
"beloved". That's funny. There must be two media's then. Because as a whole? Nah bruh. We're not in 2003 anymore.
Even though I think Goodell dragged that deflategate thing on too long it's always funny to me when act like the Pats are on revenge like they're innocent and people are lying about them.
laugh.gif
Stop f'n cheating and people won't talk about nothing.
Perhaps one day, maybe 20 or 30 years from now, someone will make a really good introspective documentary (as much as I love 30 for 30's, ESPN should probably stay out of this one
laugh.gif
). And maybe in that doc they'll break down how utterly ******* stupid that mess was. They'll speak on how, contrary to popular belief, the worst sin committed by the Patriots was foolishly flaunting their arrogance. THAT'S the real reason they keep getting into trouble.

Maybe they'll also speak on how the evil boogeyman wasn't as nefarious as everyone thought at the time. Maybe after time passes and people get further away from all of this ****, everyone will have better clarity on the boogeyman in regards to perception vs. reality. Maybe. Who knows.

Shout out to @CP1708 on this too...I think we started using the same analogy around the same time.
laugh.gif
He seen't it.

Last edited:
Not Derek Carr hype...Derek Carr for MVP hype. Hype: extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion. Derek Carr for MVP is just that. His performance has been good...maybe great. But you can't equate a full season award to a four game sample.

Most in that list are there based on early season hype. It means ****. Matt Ryan has been playing great...Right now, MVP talk... it's hype! He's done this before, but guess what? A full season shows he didn't deserve it -- for various reasons. It doesn't take long to watch enough football to understand that performance in 4 games does not always extrapolate to that of a full season. These discussions are frivolous, but here we go again with the vortex of misconstrued context. :smh:

Carr is playing very well. It's fun to watch. Oakland is 3-1. He's in the quarter-way MVP discussion.

*Vortex has come to complete stop. You are now safe to remove your #4 cape*

Last edited:
Why did he put Stafford and Luck in that group of good quarterbacks with losing records but ignore great quarterbacks with winning records like Roesthlisberger, Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers heck maybe even Derek Carr or Matt Ryan?

All to fit a narrative.

Minnesota is undefeated while losing their starting QB, HOF RB, bad offense line, pedestrian offense, but narrative because of Derek Carr?

I believe his talking point is a variation of his all you need is quarterback spiel.

It ignores the fact there's good quarterbacks with winning records...even good quarterbacks without great defense with winning records. I think Derek Carr fits that group.

Well considering his original post falls in line wit what he's been consistently preaching over the years I'm still trying the see where's the narrative.

And with NTs collective groupthink that the QB is the end all be all he's not particularly wrong here.

Umm his narrative?

The groupthink thats think the quarterback is end all?

I guess there's no varying degrees of how much some posters think a quarterback matters?

It's all you need is a quarterback or 1/53.

Black or white.

Wish the rest of life could be this simple.

Last edited:
a good QB needs a good team around him but they can also mask deficiencies in an average team, Ryan Tannehill is just average on an average team

Anybody that doesn't think the QB is the most important position in all of sports is ******* idiot

The point is going over your head as well.

You really think Mister Friendly and I of all posters don't know his "point"

Well I hope I do.

A QB who the vast majority thought was not good when Bridgewater's leg fell off is now being discussed as a MVP 4 games into the season.

But maybe I missed something in between there.

Not Derek Carr hype...Derek Carr for MVP hype. Hype: extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion. Derek Carr for MVP is just that. His performance has been good...maybe great. But you can't equate a full season award to a four game sample.

Most in that list are there based on early season hype. It means ****. Matt Ryan has been playing great...Right now, MVP talk... it's hype! He's done this before, but guess what? A full season shows he didn't deserve it -- for various reasons. I've watched enough football in my life to understand that performance in 4 games does not always extrapolate to that of a full season. These discussions are frivolous, but here we go again with the vortex of misconstrued context. :smh:

Carr is playing very well. It's fun to watch. Oakland is 3-1. He's in the quarter-way MVP discussion.

It's really cute how from the jump, you've repeatedly tried and failed to play this homerism, distorted reality angle. :lol:

I'm not being a homer at all. After your last post it's clear that the real issue is that you think any MVP discussion, any player, 4 weeks into the season is HYPE.

That's your prerogative.  Personally I disagree in that I'd substitute the word "hype" with  "premature" 

But you're a fool if you think you're the only one who gets that production and results through 4 weeks can't be guaranteed or are even likely to be extrapolated over the course of a full season. :lol:

Last edited:
Anybody that doesn't think the QB is the most important position in all of sports is ******* idiot

Hey they are just 1 of 53.

Great quarterbacks like Joe Montana and Dan Marino were just as crucial to their teams sucess as their starting left guard and their back up strong safety.

All to fit a narrative.

Umm his narrative?

The groupthink thats think the quarterback is end all?

I guess there's no varying degrees of how much some posters think a quarterback matters?

It's all you need is a quarterback or 1/53.

Black or white.

Wish the rest of life could be this simple.

Man what are you talking about? :lol:

Great quarterbacks like Joe Montana and Dan Marino were just as crucial to their teams sucess as their starting left guard and their back up strong safety.

Don't forget about the RB from UPS

Well I hope I do.

A QB who the vast majority thought was not good when Bridgewater's leg fell off is now being discussed as a MVP 4 games into the season.

No he wants to prove his point that the QB plays just as much a part in wins as the other starting 21 players. Who cares if Carr throws 4 pick sixes. John McJohnson missed a tackle on punt coverage

Most in that list are there based on early season hype. It means ****. Matt Ryan has been playing great...Right now, MVP talk... it's hype! He's done this before, but guess what? A full season shows he didn't deserve it -- for various reasons. I've watched enough football in my life to understand that performance in 4 games does not always extrapolate to that of a full season. These discussions are frivolous, but here we go again with the vortex of misconstrued context. :smh:

It's really cute how from the jump, you've repeatedly tried and failed to play this homerism, distorted reality angle. :lol:

I'm not being a homer at all. After your last post it's clear that the real issue is that you think any MVP discussion, any player, 4 weeks into the season is HYPE.

That's your prerogative.  Personally I disagree in that I'd substitute the word "hype" with  "premature" 

You right. Hype was the wrong word in the context with which it was used.

Last edited:

Don't forget about the RB from UPS

Well I hope I do.

No he wants to prove his point that the QB plays just as much a part in wins as the other starting 21 players. Who cares if Carr throws 4 pick sixes. John McJohnson missed a tackle on punt coverage

Minnesota is showing you & me how replaceable "the most important position in sports" is right now. :lol:

Chargers really lost:

Branden Oliver
Stevie Johnson
Keenan Allen
Danny Woodhead
Manti Teo
Jason Verrett

All out for the season before Week 5. Outstanding. :x :x :smh: :smh: :frown: :frown:

Minnesota is showing you & me how replaceable "the most important position in sports" is right now. :lol:

And Jimmy is showing us why hes the GOAT TE :lol:

Not from the Ravens side, skins pretty much sucked the whole time the Ravens been in existence so this game doesn't matter much ...only thing about this game is the 2 teams play in the same state

We pretty much only care about beating the division, pats, n colts
Washington won that game. RG3 left the game and TURNT finished you off. FAX

Except Bradford is playing at the level that Minnesota expected Teddy to play this season, so his trajectory may have just well have been what we're seeing from Bradford.

We'll never know though and I hate that...Cause Teddy is/was legit. :smh:

Yeah Marino would've won a couple of titles if QBs were as important as people say they are not saying they aren't important but A decent system QB can win you games and chips. It's been proven time and time again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom