The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the well wishes fellas. Much appreciated :pimp:

Totally good, fellas. It's 100% a good thing. Been waiting for this for three years and was starting to have some health issues related to it (my kidneys were functioning under 10%). But matched with this woman in Colorado who donated one of hers to me and doing well now. Just resting up.

:\ (back of my ******* mind I was worried something bad happened, too, dammit!)

Glad to hear you're doing ok, bro...Why a kidney transplant though? That's scary...Stop hanging out with Nicholas.

:lol:

:lol: the drinking in college and my years in NYC def didn't help

But this one type of kidney disease runs in my family. Basically kills your kidney function over time. Mine went a little quicker. My mom had a transplant two years ago and that went smooth. I've known I was gonna need his for a few years now. So definitely feeling lucky to get it done. Most people aren't lucky and end up on dialysis.

It still blows my mind they can take a kidney from someone else and make it work in someone else. What a time to be alive :lol:

Glad you're doing well, man...Still kinda sad..I swear I knew somethin' was up, bro....

Heart disease runs in my family...No i'm turning wuss...

my heart hurts. :lol:

|I

:lol: eat right and exercise man. you'll be good! I've learned a ton about how many problems can be avoided with diet. Even though it can be obvious when you think about it :lol:

True...Got me...

McNabb still overrated though...he threw passes like he was throwing groundball practice for the Phillies

I loved McNabb when he was here but his antics after he left have soured me strongly

he's also soft and the reason TO was basically cut from the Eagles

Andy Reid was like the Brian Billick of the 00's

Great offensive minds, but made it far with their defense.

Coincidentally -- and one of my favorite factoids about Dungy -- he was a quarterback for the University of Minnestoa turned eventual D-coordinator for Denny Green's Vikings, which led him to TB, where they had a great defense (Gruden takes Dungy's great defense and wins a SB), but Dungy goes to Indy where his offense is the headliner and wins a SB there.

*Callahan took over a great Gruden defense to get to the SB.

Jon Gruden :smokin

Make sense? :lol:

Last edited:
Weren't the Cowboys and Chargers pretty good when Romo and Rivers took over?

Didn't the Patriots and Steelers have pretty **** seasons before Brady and Roesthlisberger took over?

I don't know I could be making your point for you :lol:

No..The, Cowboys weren't. Before Romo took over it was a struggling Bledsoe -- a bad Bledsoe as the successor to a Henson-Carter, WT-F? Cowboys were HORRIBLE. Made me hate Thanksgivings game at that point because Lord knows the Lions weren't carrying it.

"Pretty good" is a relative term with Brees and SD...They had only one good season before letting Brees walk...They weren't great, but they definitely did well when Rivers took over.

Brady took over from Bledsoe on an already playoff team. Ben took over a team that went to the playoffs two years prior to him taking over with Tommy ******* Maddox.

You have not proved your point...You actually prove CP's and mine. Romo is the man! and Quarterbacks are the outliers to the overall team.

You must've skimmed over the part...."where I said I' don't know I think I'm proving your point :lol:"

I think If you want to say the Patriots and Steelers were "good" you have the Cowboys and Chargers were "good"

Look at the records.

I see up and down seasons.

That's why I said I may be making his point for him.

Last edited:

Totally good, fellas. It's 100% a good thing. Been waiting for this for three years and was starting to have some health issues related to it (my kidneys were functioning under 10%). But matched with this woman in Colorado who donated one of hers to me and doing well now. Just resting up.

Glad to hear you're doing ok, bro...Why a kidney transplant though? That's scary...Stop hanging out with Nicholas.

But this one type of kidney disease runs in my family. Basically kills your kidney function over time. Mine went a little quicker. My mom had a transplant two years ago and that went smooth. I've known I was gonna need his for a few years now. So definitely feeling lucky to get it done. Most people aren't lucky and end up on dialysis.

It still blows my mind they can take a kidney from someone else and make it work in someone else. What a time to be alive :lol:
Probly too early to tell , but do u feel any difference yet ? Can u tell it's somebody kidney in your body ?? I'm legit interested/concerned mane :lol: :smh:

What if you become a broncos fan now [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Last edited:
Andy Reid was like the Brian Billick of the 00's

Great offensive minds, but made it far with their defense.

Coincidentally -- and one of my favorite factoids about Dungy -- he was a quarterback for the University of Minnestoa turned eventual D-coordinator for Denny Green's Vikings, which led him to TB, where they had a great defense (Gruden takes Dungy's great defense and wins a SB), but Dungy goes to Indy where his offense is the headliner and wins a SB there.

*Callahan took over a great Gruden defense to get to the SB.

Jon Gruden :smokin

Make sense? :lol:

yeah it all makes sense, Andy Reid owed a lot of his success to Jim Johnson RIP

this is why I love Doug Pederson, I think it was so key bringing in Jim Schwartz and giving him 100% control of the D

McNabb definitely is not overrated considering he's never discussed as a top quarterback in any context. He should be though. Underappreciated as hell imo

I think he is going to make it into the Hall of Fame to be honest

Last edited:
Weren't the Cowboys and Chargers pretty good when Romo and Rivers took over?

Didn't the Patriots and Steelers have pretty **** seasons before Brady and Roesthlisberger took over?

I don't know I could be making your point for you :lol:

No..The, Cowboys weren't. Before Romo took over it was a struggling Bledsoe -- a bad Bledsoe as the successor to a Henson-Carter, WT-F? Cowboys were HORRIBLE. Made me hate Thanksgivings game at that point because Lord knows the Lions weren't carrying it.

"Pretty good" is a relative term with Brees and SD...They had only one good season before letting Brees walk...They weren't great, but they definitely did well when Rivers took over.

Brady took over from Bledsoe on an already playoff team. Ben took over a team that went to the playoffs two years prior to him taking over with Tommy ******* Maddox.

You have not proved your point...You actually prove CP's and mine. Romo is the man! and Quarterbacks are the outliers to the overall team.

You must've skimmed over the part...."where I said I' don't know I think I'm proving your point :lol:"

Yep! :lol:

laugh.gif

yeah it all makes sense, Andy Reid owed a lot of his success to Jim Johnson RIP

this is why I love Doug Pederson, I think it was so key bringing in Jim Schwartz and giving him 100% control of the D
don't forget we had a ton of quality coordinators that started getting poached.. head coaches still today

Probly too early to tell , but do u feel any difference yet ? Can u tell it's somebody kidney in your body ?? I'm legit interested/concerned mane :lol: :smh:

What if you become a broncos fan now [emoji]128064[/emoji]

:lol: definitely not switching to the broncos. My donor isn't a broncos fan anyway :lol:

I do feel a little better already. My energy level before was definitely lower. I had leg swelling. Itchy skin at times. All that is gone. And then my blood that they test is already showing a return to normal and healthy levels of protein and other things. Can't feel the extra kidney or anything. Just the incision haha

Where's DeadsetAce DeadsetAce ? I feel like we haven't heard from him in a week. :lol:

I've been laid up in the hospital post surgery from Monday. I had a kidney transplant so recovering from that. Mom finally brought my iPad in so back on NT.

The timing is suspicious with Brady's return, IATT IATT . I agree. Hands might have been busy if not for this surgery :lol:

:wow: damn. well wishes man and hoping for a speedy recovery.

plot twist: donor was a broncos fan. congrats, welcome to the broncos. you now have the broncos in you (pause if necessary).

McNabb was a beta though but man was it nice knowing you were a contender every year and those years were great even though it always ended with me pissed AF

1-4 in NFC Championship games :x

favored in 3 of those losses :x

no one saying qbs are important . but most important position in all of sports and if you dont think so you an idiot . nah.... yall really underrated the value of a well ran franchise. let me know when any of those qbs have had  major success with a piss poor defense. 

all those players have good people around them, you really think if you put brady or big ben on the browns to start they career they achieve the same amount of success... thats a silly way to think. 

philip rivers and romo are  most likely the most underrated qbs of the past decade or so. both been on sorry franchises without much help or a stable well run franchise. plenty of examples of wack  or averages qb winnings superbowls.  show me the opposite. show me some great os with piss poor defenses winning, cause i cant think of any off the top my head. 

Rivers and Romo still put up numbers though. Their skill is evident. That's different from saying Ryan Tannehill would be better than Russell Wilson if he had a different team around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom