The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WR is by far the most over valued position in the NFL

Your hot takes in the past 24 hours are scorching.

What hot takes? I'm sure I'll prove them to be facts like usual and somebody will get hurt
You get evidence of how the wr position is valuable just from obj game winner yesterday. Only a handful of receivers can do what he did yesterday

Well that makes the point even more.
Only a handfull...
Specific with Dez... he doesn't stay healthy, so he is not a constant gameplan/threat. Has he ever played an entire season? (Legit Q)

y'all dudes who put me on to Westworld....g'damn. watched the first episode last night. i'm hooked. thanks :pimp:

WR is by far the most over valued position in the NFL

Your hot takes in the past 24 hours are scorching.

What hot takes? I'm sure I'll prove them to be facts like usual and somebody will get hurt
You get evidence of how the wr position is valuable just from obj game winner yesterday. Only a handful of receivers can do what he did yesterday

Well that makes the point even more.
Only a handfull...
Specific with Dez... he doesn't stay healthy, so he is not a constant gameplan/threat. Has he ever played an entire season? (Legit Q)

Not to mention OBJ been doing the opposite of putting the team on his back till yesterday

You can't use the exception as the rule.
laugh.gif

How many passes to a wide receiver yesterday had the impact of that ONE play?

You can't really see it in the vid but apparently Burfict stepped on Blount's ankle after a play, too

:rofl: this dude gronk

But srs where else was burfict supposed to put his feet down? NFL gotta do a better job at letting dudes know they can't do that

Rodgers makes a magical throw or two every week, and almost always on the move. When he uses that incredible release to drive a ball downfield and dead on the money, it’s part of the reason why those who watch highlights still rate him as the best.

As far as planting his back foot from shotgun or a straight dropback, striding into the throw and taking a hit, it almost never happens. Just as Brett Favre fell into poor throwing mechanics later on during the Mike Sherman years, Rodgers is following suit.

You see a lot of all-arm throws, skipping into throws, firing off balance and across his body. He sails one pass, bounces another. At times, his feet don’t work in unison with his torso. His deep-ball accuracy, once extraordinary, has improved somewhat from a year ago when it was embarrassingly bad for a player of his stature.

Yikes.

"We run the damn East," Ricky Jean Francois said, via the Washington Post. "Not Philly, not Dallas, not all of them. We run the damn East. Better remember we got that damn (title)."

"Y'all forgot who the real champs of the NFC East is," Chris Baker shouted, "everyone picking them trash-*** Eagles."
someone should remind him of the last time the division had a back to back winner

Marvin Lewis is never cuttin' it over there though. Too much talent on that team year in & year out to implode the way they do.
There's a handful of franchises who've won more games in the last 5 years than the Bengals. They're losing because of a lack of pass rush and a bad offensive line. You're just wrong.
I'm sorry...I fail to see what I said that you found wrong.

I count 5 general observations of the Bengals in my post.

Did they lose their grip on the game after controlling it for most of the 1st half?

Are they stocked with talent?

Does Marvin Lewis have a track record of mismanaging certain games?

Do they have a history of implosions and in-house collapses?

Does this team steadily underwhelm when it matters?

Let me know which of those ain't true.

Is that why they lost yesterday or are under .500 right now? No. You would know better than me which areas of weakness are in need of patching up or correction right now.

But there was a sequence in that 2nd half where in no particular order: Gronk ran up the seams uncontested, did it again, Pacman lost his mind on a penalty he felt he didn't commit, a Bengals timeout was called right after he lost his mind because they weren't set, Burfict draws the ire of his opponents because of the Bennett hit, everyone jaws after every play and both sides are hit with flags.

I'm painting with a broad brush here, but most of that sequence was a microcosm of why some folks don't believe in them or take them seriously as contenders. No matter how many games they win over a 5 year period. There are random bouts of losing focus, lack of control, etc. etc.

Last edited:
Calvin didn't even have a playoff win for being such an elite wr. Elite wrs are one of the last and least important things you need to win chips and big games..
to your latter point, depends on the team..

and to your former point, you really going put that on calvin for the lions lack of success?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom