The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peep isn't a Pats fan tho
laugh.gif
ooooo... that's my bad..

sorry @Peep Game.. i honestly thought that was @DeadsetAce  that said that in response to buc em

Last edited:
to your latter point, depends on the team..

and to your former point, you really going put that on calvin for the lions lack of success?
nah but elite wr one of the least important needs on a team. Patriots Seahawks success. Always good wrs, no diva elite wr on the squad.

Baseball players don't take knees during the anthem. The white racist folk don't play.. They'll stop watching.. They committed.

I'm painting with a broad brush here
You're right. 

This team just isn't as talented as past Bengals' teams. Losing Sanu and Jones, coupled with Eifert having yet to step on the field. Starting a rookie at RT who's struggled, having the worst Center in the NFL, and a 1st year OC who looks like a major step down from Hue are all factors. On the defensive side, whenever you can't generate a pass rush, you're going to have problems. Looks like injuries are catching up with Michael Johnson at this age, and not having hit on any of the young DEs like Clarke and Hunt is costing the team. Having stop gap guys at LB like a 36 year old Karlos Dansby, instead of young and cheap guys flying around hurts the team speed. 

With all this said, I'd be shocked if Marvin isn't gone because this isn't a playoff squad. But all of that stuff that you typed before that was you painting with a broad brush, as you suggested. They "lost control" because the Pats are a much better team. They were 10 point underdogs for a reason. Better to carry on with the narrative, though.

Calvin didn't even have a playoff win for being such an elite wr. Elite wrs are one of the last and least important things you need to win chips and big games..

and to your former point, you really going put that on calvin for the lions lack of success?

Exactly the point. By far the best WR in the league and it didnt amount to jack

Last edited:
Ryan Clark had a good point about Cam Newton. He was saying that he really has no issue w/ dude being a sore loser, but if you're gonna come to the podium giddy as hell after a win, but turn a complete 180 after a loss, this is why you get criticism. He compared what Newton does to Bill Belichick. Belichick is the same monotone dude after each win/loss. Big difference. I like Cam, but it's hard for me to disagree w/ Clark's take.

Cam the type of dude to talk mad **** when he has 5 friends with him but if its just him he's dead quiet

Last edited:

nah but elite wr one of the least important needs on a team. Patriots Seahawks success. Always good wrs, no diva elite wr on the squad.
i mean it depends on the squad really.. and you cant lump CJ in with the diva WR crew, goes for larry as well

but draft wise i would say I'd put QB, T, pass rusher (DT, DE or OLB) are more important.. i would put it there with CB and now the right safety

Calvin didn't even have a playoff win for being such an elite wr. Elite wrs are one of the last and least important things you need to win chips and big games..

still played for the lions..

hoodie was the coach of the browns at one point too

still played for the lions..

hoodie was the coach of the browns at one point too

Okay but the money teams are spending on these great WRs could be spent on things like defensive lineman and linebackers. I mean it's no coincidence that CJs playoff appearance came when they have a top 3 defense

Wonder if the NFL will ever have a minor league system like the other 3 major sports

I could understand the arguments if he had the ball but it looks like dude is just standing there :lol:

Thank you.

Let's just ignore the fact that the ball wasn't 'eem being thrown to him. :lol: :smh: You could see it in that .gif...it clearly sails past Bennett after Burfict hits him. If I remember correctly, Bennett was the last read/checkdown option on that play.

Martellus is playing on a bum ankle, Tom had completed like 786 straight passes at that point, Cincy was losing the grip they had on the game in that 1st half. Burfict knew what he was doing man, that ***** will never get the benefit of doubt from me.

Marvin Lewis is never cuttin' it over there though. Too much talent on that team year in & year out to implode the way they do.

One question, Did the ball not fly like one yard away from Bennett? When in zone your reading QB eyes. WR in line of sight, ball in area, go.

this applies to a lot of teams though and to some other positions as well.. if you're just looking at individuals and their deals within the context of the remainder of the roster

really it comes down to drafting well and maximizing your cheap labor while you can, which affords you the ability to be expensive at other roster spots.. have to identify your quality young talent that you must keep around and then figure out who is expendable (and act accordingly.. make deals for extra draft picks.. move dudes before it's too late or get expensive)

Ryan Clark had a good point about Cam Newton. He was saying that he really has no issue w/ dude being a sore loser, but if you're gonna come to the podium giddy as hell after a win, but turn a complete 180 after a loss, this is why you get criticism. He compared what Newton does to Bill Belichick. Belichick is the same monotone dude after each win/loss. Big difference. I like Cam, but it's hard for me to disagree w/ Clark's take.

The scheduling for prime time has been awful, dunno if people are surprised about the decline or what. Steelers Patriots should be the prime time game this weekend easily.

Wonder if the NFL will ever have a minor league system like the other 3 major sports
Why? They already have a FREE. Minor league system in the NCAA. The scouts come and go on campuses as they please. They have access to all the coaches and film.
The NFL and NCAA are in bed together and the NFL loves it
exactly.. the most i could see the league doing is expending the rosters to maybe 60.. and maybe adding couple more spots to the practice squads

also got CFL where they could essentially snatch players at will

[thread="651382"]

Okay but the money teams are spending on these great WRs could be spent on things like defensive lineman and linebackers. I mean it's no coincidence that CJs playoff appearance came when they have a top 3 defense[/thread]

this applies to a lot of teams though and to some other positions as well.. if you're just looking at individuals and their deals within the context of the remainder of the roster

really it comes down to drafting well and maximizing your cheap labor while you can, which affords you the ability to be expensive at other roster spots.. have to identify your quality young talent that you must keep around and then figure out who is expendable (and act accordingly.. make deals for extra draft picks.. move dudes before it's too late or get expensive)

Agree 100% on the drafting part. I just dont think a WR could be the difference between a team being a SB winner and a team being a conference title loser.

Happy there's no minor league type ish with NFL. However, I would be more interested in that than college football currently. I just don't vibe with it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom