The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One question, Did the ball not fly like one yard away from Bennett? When in zone your reading QB eyes. WR in line of sight, ball in area, go.

The ball ended up about 13 yards behind Bennett to dola. He bit on a pump fake, and then went for his knee before the ball was even released.
It's a hit that shouldn't happen. It's that simple. and with who delivered it, it's hard not to see it as dirty.

Agree 100% on the drafting part. I just dont think a WR could be the difference between a team being a SB winner and a team being a conference title loser.
i focus more on the competency of the team.. but you gotta take talent when/where you can get it.. and just because guys play a certain position, you don't want to over draft them.. or force things because of an obvious area of need

really way too many teams focus on hitting home runs with some of these things.. sure take risks, but they have to be calculated.. like i loved the pats trading a 5th for mingo.. who knows if dude would be able to show something with a more competently run organization

Wonder if the NFL will ever have a minor league system like the other 3 major sports

Why? They already have a FREE. Minor league system in the NCAA. The scouts come and go on campuses as they please. They have access to all the coaches and film.
The NFL and NCAA are in bed together and the NFL loves it

Some players just aren't ready. There's some bad football being played. Wouldn't it be better for someone like Jared Goff if he was getting game reps every week in the D-League instead of holding a clipboard for 16 weeks?

Or instead of a player recovering from injury going right back to NFL action they get some reps in the D-League to ease them back in.

Idk, just feel like it could have some benefits that would help the quality of the league.

Wonder if the NFL will ever have a minor league system like the other 3 major sports

Why? They already have a FREE. Minor league system in the NCAA. The scouts come and go on campuses as they please. They have access to all the coaches and film.
The NFL and NCAA are in bed together and the NFL loves it

Some players just aren't ready. There's some bad football being played. Wouldn't it be better for someone like Jared Goff if he was getting game reps every week in the D-League instead of holding a clipboard for 16 weeks?

Or instead of a player recovering from injury going right back to NFL action they get some reps in the D-League to ease them back in.

Idk, just feel like it could have some benefits that would help the quality of the league.

Part of that is on the Rams for drafting a player who was not NFL-ready.

As bad as the NFL's product is, y'all trust them with creating their own minor league system that would be beneficial to fans and players?

The scheduling for prime time has been awful, dunno if people are surprised about the decline or what. Steelers Patriots should be the prime time game this weekend easily.

Yea the ratings are about to shoot through the roof with Brady vs Landry Fields Jones

how do the bears end up with 4 of their first 8 games being in prime time?

team that won 6 games last year and 5 the year before

EDIT:

just looked at their schedule, rest of their games are at 1 after their week 9 bye.. these dudes going be relegated to browns status after that bye (who funny enough play the ravens on Thursday week 10, but every other game is at 1) 

Last edited:
how do the bears end up with 4 of their first 8 games being in prime time?

team that won 6 games last year and 5 the year before

EDIT:
just looked at their schedule, rest of their games are at 1 after their week 9 bye.. these dudes going be relegated to browns status after that bye (who funny enough play the ravens on Thursday week 10, but every other game is at 1) 

3rd largest media market in the country. NFL doesn't care about quality of these games...Just the dollas.

Eh, I watch nearly all national games. NFL isn't like the NBA where the popular teams (ie Warriors) are on national seemingly every game. 

Last edited:

This guy ODB is wild. I just seen him after his second touchdown on the sideline making it rain and yelling FINE ME! FINE ME! FINE ME! He gotta calm the **** down.
roll.gif
at telling goodell to fine him on national tv. OBJ a wild young boy girl man.
pimp.gif
Fixed 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm painting with a broad brush here
You're right. 

This team just isn't as talented as past Bengals' teams. Losing Sanu and Jones, coupled with Eifert having yet to step on the field. Starting a rookie at RT who's struggled, having the worst Center in the NFL, and a 1st year OC who looks like a major step down from Hue are all factors. On the defensive side, whenever you can't generate a pass rush, you're going to have problems. Looks like injuries are catching up with Michael Johnson at this age, and not having hit on any of the young DEs like Clarke and Hunt is costing the team. Having stop gap guys at LB like a 36 year old Karlos Dansby, instead of young and cheap guys flying around hurts the team speed. 

With all this said, I'd be shocked if Marvin isn't gone because this isn't a playoff squad. But all of that stuff that you typed before that was you painting with a broad brush, as you suggested. They "lost control" because the Pats are a much better team. They were 10 point underdogs for a reason. Better to carry on with the narrative, though.
Cool. So we agree I was speaking on big picture generalities, and how a 2nd half sequence in yesterday's game was a microcosm of why old Bengals squads failed as they did. We got a glimpse of how adversity led to self-implosion...sort of like what happened vs. Pittsburgh during the last few drives of that playoff game. Or like you might call it, "narratives".

But now I know the lack of speed and talent + oline issues are plaguing this current iteration of Cincy. Things that were never as bad as they are right now for them. So for once Marvin might have a legit excuse this year for not winning in January, but it ultimately might not matter for him.

Glad we could work that out.
One question, Did the ball not fly like one yard away from Bennett? When in zone your reading QB eyes. WR in line of sight, ball in area, go.
Yup, it was on Bennett's side. Difference is you giving him the benefit of doubt and saying it was simple read & react. I ain't willing to go there, Jay.
laugh.gif
Not with him. Especially since he got there well before the ball was in area. *shrugs*

Burfict knew the aesthetics wasn't looking good so he manned up and apologized to Marty. Good for him.

Last edited:
Highly doubt it.
probably very little if at all.. league knows they're set.. that's why they don't really really care about the criticism

I'm sure plenty people complain about the Thursday night games.. league don't give a crap, since that's another night they can sell the tv rights off too.. just like them selling that London game to yahoo for whatever absurd amount

but considering how people view the games, I don't get not prioritizing certain teams/matchups when you have an opportunity

like I get certain teams will always get prime time spots because of the historically nature of the team.. but the league really should look more into flex opportunities by as early as week 4 (then you can at least get an idea how things are going after a 1/4 of the season and also key injuries)

Last edited:
if the league was ACTUALLY losing money, you'd see changes to take the game back the other way. away from the "No Fun" BS

Last edited:
Just looked into this whole ratings thing, the NFL is still doing better than any other show out there. Cowboys/Packers did a notch lower than what game 7 Cavs/Warriors did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom