The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The talent discrepancy between some FCS schools and some D1 programs isn't as wide as some of you are imagining. As a matter of fact, some of these "upsets" that we see every year in CFB aren't really upsets.

True

Santa is overrated :nerd:

Stone Cold stunned him :nerd:

Calling a pick a 'reach' is non sensical until we see how the pick turns out

Body bag games and cheering injuries is a bigger black eye on philly

And that Phillies fan who purposely vomited on a family

Last edited:
Did the Giants reach and trade up for Sims?

The point is your team reached and traded up for a QB that nobody was talking about being a franchise dude. Him and Goff wasn't even looked as the best players in the draft. Both of 'em benefited off of late hype and teams needing to sell something to their fans.

He hasn't played yet so maybe he was worth it, maybe he'll be trash, we'll see. But you bringing up "He won championships in D2" is a weak *** argument.

You was in love with Chip Kelly so we know how blind you are when it comes to the Eagles. :lol:

Take your L already

again you said "based on what he did in college" tell me what else he could have done in college

Last edited:
You all Boo'd and threw snow balls at Santa Claus. You don't get to live that down.
while we like to joke about the ages of some NTers.. I don't think any of us were even twinkles in our parents eyes in 1968

could be wrong though...

nerd.gif

Phins vs. Eagles is a fresh & new one around these parts.
laugh.gif
I like it.
I got zero real beef with the dolphins.. other than their annoying fans down here

we always get solid trades off of them.. I loved the 2 eagles games I saw in Miami.. hell we got troy Vincent off of them

even the trade this offseason, we were able to unload Maxwell's contract

Did the Giants reach and trade up for Sims?

The point is your team reached and traded up for a QB that nobody was talking about being a franchise dude. Him and Goff wasn't even looked as the best players in the draft. Both of 'em benefited off of late hype and teams needing to sell something to their fans.

He hasn't played yet so maybe he was worth it, maybe he'll be trash, we'll see. But you bringing up "He won championships in D2" is a weak *** argument.

You was in love with Chip Kelly so we know how blind you are when it comes to the Eagles. :lol:

Take your L already

again you said "based on what he did in college" tell me what else he could have done in college

Tell us how y'all fleeced for a QB that's not a franchise dude?

how do you know he's not a franchise dude?

I have given you facts, you have no real retort so you respond with questions and discredit his achievements

again what else could Carson have done in college? he won 2 National Titles and was MVP both times

you sounding like a 9 year old right now

Last edited:
:rofl:

in other news...Eugene Monroe retiring at the age of 29. more and more....

Gronk is 2 years shy of 29 :nerd: he should follow suit.

Speaking of Gronk, I had no idea he had 2 other brothers in the NFL :wow: :lol: years back. And the youngest is a Bills rookie. Such a Rex move.

Last edited:

i'd bet money Gronk retires when his current contract is done :lol:

dude has saved ALL of his Pats money. only spends endorsement money. he's definitely looking to retire "early". and he'll own all TE records by then anyway. and it's no secret his body has taken a serious beating

Last edited:

i'd bet money Gronk retires when his current contract is done :lol:

dude has saved ALL of his Pats money. only spends endorsement money. he's definitely looking to retire "early". and he'll own all TE records by then anyway

I wonder if his camp handles his money/spending or that's all his doing. Is he really that much of a bro or does he do it for the cameras :lol: .

how much gronk got left on his deal, guaranteed money?

I feel like he signs one huge deal and then walks.. just because the money will be so great

How in the world do you know this? As I said, can't reach for a pick before knowing how the pick turns out. It's a baseless argument

Trading up for a D2 QB that was barley on the radar ain't a reach? :lol:

Ok.

how do you know he's not a franchise dude?

I have given you facts, you have no real retort so you respond with questions and discredit his achievements

again what else could Carson have done in college? he won 2 National Titles and was MVP both times

you sounding like a 9 year old right now

And as usual you sound like a crazy fan.

Doesn't mean ****, but here is Colin Cowherd's QB listing.

Tier 1 - Stars in their prime:

Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson

Tier 2 - Stars out of their prime:

Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Big Ben, Phillip Rivers, Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Carson Palmer

Tier 3 - Close but never stars:

Alex Smith, Joe Flacco, Matt Stafford, Jay Cutler, Matt Ryan

Tier 4 - Could be stars:

Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles, Derek Carr

Tier 5 - Fools gold:

Brock Osweiler, Ryan Tannehill, Andy Dalton, Kirk Cousins

Who cares about the pre draft radar. If he pans out, it wasn't a reach. If he sucks, then we can call it that

Tebow and Manziel were both huge reaches because they didn't pan out. Jerry rice was not a reach (though initially called one) because he panned out nicely. Joe Greene was called a huge reach for the Steelers. How'd that turn out? College career has nothing to do with being a 'reach' pick if you perform at the next level

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom