The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NT is a Cam Newton circle jerk so I knew my opinion wouldn't be popular.

The Pro Bowl has also become a joke as of late.

I see what you saying cuz this was his first season at THAT level but damn, he had one of the best seasons I've ever seen and he led his team to the SB. That's enough for me.

TB12 tier 2?!?

****.outta.here.

I'm saying :lol:

Ben belongs at the top

Luck and Russ are really ahead too...:x

I'll need to see a repeat of last year before putting Russ on that top tier just yet

The same Russ that's been better than Luck? :lol:

Yes :lol:,They're about at the same level imo. Might have Russ just a little higher than him after his great season last year though. Last time Luck was on the field healthy it was looking like he regressed a bit

Last edited:
TB12 tier 2?!?

****.outta.here.

I'm saying :lol:

Ben belongs at the top

Luck and Russ are really ahead too...:x

I'll need to see a repeat of last year before putting Russ on that top tier just yet

The same Russ that's been better than Luck? :lol:

Yes :lol:,They're about at the same level imo. Might have Russ just a little higher than him after his great season last year though. Last time Luck was on the field healthy it was looking like he regressed a bit

Dont let a certain QB hater/ Luck lover see you use the word regress :nerd:

Luck is super overrated. Colts gonna regret giving that turnover machine injury prone overrated QB all that $$..

Was just looking at the all-time career passing TD leaders. E. Manning, Rivers, and Roethlisberger are all floating near 300. I had no clue that Rivers hasn't missed a start since '06. That's amazing.

What do you guys think of his HOF chances?

If Luck doesn't have a bounce back season next year, woooweeeeeee this thread will be off the hinges

I don't think Rivers has a chance at the HOF, he's done virtually nothing in the playoffs, if he had a McNabb like playoff success then I think he gets in

Damn, definitely didn't know that Rivers hasn't missed a game since 06. I don't think he's HOF off the top of my head without seeing numbers. He's been pretty good but he's had some good teams and did absolutely nothing in the playoffs. I know sometimes you face a better team or the team that won it all but he needed to do more with those teams.

Eli and Ben are HOF bound. Eli got some nice numbers.

Damn, definitely didn't know that Rivers hasn't missed a game since 06. I don't think he's HOF off the top of my head without seeing numbers. He's been pretty good but he's had some good teams and did absolutely nothing in the playoffs. I know sometimes you face a better team or the team that won it all but he needed to do more with those teams.

Eli and Ben are HOF bound. Eli got some nice numbers.

#6 on the list of TD passes is Fran Tarkenton with 342....Rivers, when it's all said and done, could get to that number or beyond. The top 10 are all in the HOF. Even with his lack of postseason success, I think the committee will have a hard time keeping him out (eventually.)

Here's the list of the top 14, so I could include Big Ben:

1 Peyton Manning 539 1998-2015 2TM
2 Brett Favre 508 1991-2010 4TM
3 Tom Brady 428 2000-2015 nwe
Drew Brees 428 2001-2015 2TM
5 Dan Marino 420 1983-1999 mia
6 Fran Tarkenton 342 1961-1978 2TM
7 John Elway 300 1983-1998 den
8 Eli Manning 294 2004-2015 nyg
9 Warren Moon 291 1984-2000 4TM
10 Johnny Unitas 290 1956-1973 2TM
11 Philip Rivers 281 2004-2015 sdg
12 Vinny Testaverde 275 1987-2007 7TM
13 Joe Montana 273 1979-1994 2TM
14 Ben Roethlisberger 272 2004-2015 pit

Rivers's numbers are nice, but like Ballerific said, not a lot of playoff success. I think he'll end up making it, but he won't be a first-ballot selection.

Tarkenton and Moon were NFL MVP's

Moon paved the way for the African American QB and Tarkenton made two Super Bowl's, I don't think Rivers has that "extra" to get him over the hump plus he has only won 10+ games three times and the last time was 2009

Last edited:
How is Jay Cutler tier 3 but Andy Dalton is Fools Gold?

Remember who compiled that list, Colin Cowherd, a guy who needs to come up with enough hot takes to fill his daily 3 hour time slot.

Last edited:
Fran's numbers are incredible considering the time he played.

As far as QBs, I agree with a tier system but not the labels on those tiers or the order he gave them in

Luck needs a bounce back year or he begins to look a little funny 'in the light'

Last edited:

Rivers isn't a HOF QB imo.

Very good to excellent career but the Hall belongs to an entirely different caliber of player. Forget stats.

Regardless of my opinion of his merit, I don't think there's a chance he gets in.

River is gonna miss out on the HOF because of Troy Brown...

Dude would've most likely gotten a ring before Eli if it wasn't for that strip in '06/'07 :lol:

Last edited:
If the Pro Football HoF were as selective as the Baseball HoF, Rivers doesn't make it. If it were as inclusive as the Basketball HoF, Rivers is a lock. It's probably somewhere in between, so I think he eventually makes it on his 3rd or 4th year of eligibility.

rivers doesnt make the hof imo good career so far. not great. not enough merits to put him in. he needs a few deep playoff runs.

You know I like Luck but I need to see him get back to his original self

Rivers will miss IMO, or it will be a while. Big Phil had some real good *****, amazing they didn't make a SB

Yes, I too demand of my young QB to completely carry an entire franchise, Owner, GM, HC, Oline, Defense, running game be damned.

Do better Andrew.

Like I said,

:lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom