The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NBA's season is still entertaining as hell. And the funny part of knowing who's gonna end up in the Finals is that it's one of the most anticipated Finals yet. The NBA is putting out an extremely good product right now.

I get what he is saying with being "soft"

the old school players didn't wanna mingle after a loss but this era is a different kind of player, I blame money for that

I blame the Miami Heat :lol:

PatRileyFaceLeBronTech.gif

you guys can't be serious.

these dudes have probably been playing with/against each other for years. from pop warner/aau to high school, college and now the pros..

at some point, you're going to start to enjoy the battles that you have against the top talent if you're one of the better players yourselves.

and off of that, relationships and friendships begin to form.

how exactly is that a bad thing?

who is to say it affects the play on the court/field?

Problem is that fans want players to hate the opposition as much as they do. At the end of the day, they're all colleagues trying to make a living. I don't get why it's so difficult for the average fan to understand.

Problem is that fans want players to hate the opposition as much as they do. At the end of the day, they're all colleagues trying to make a living. I don't get why it's so difficult for the average fan to understand.

That's hard to process for some folks for some reason :lol:,I blame wrestling

How the hell is switching jerseys soft?
roll.gif
If i'm an NFL player, I don't want another dudes jersey hanging in my closet at home
sick.gif

I appreciate the rivalry and hatred between teams as well. Respect is one thing post game, but swapping jerseys just doesn't vibe with me. I certainly don't hate it, but the cheesing in pictures is just funny..
Huh? Man, grow up.

It's a fraternity. They put their bodies and livelihoods on the line each game. It's just a mutual show of respect passed down from another sport.

Could it be inappropriate on certain occasions or whatever? Sure, I guess. Not all situations are the same. But it really ain't that serious though.

Nuk already starting down that Fitz path
mean.gif

Hopefully he gets a Warner at some point.
kurt warner went to university of northern Iowa, which happens to be in the same conference as.....

wouldn't be the first Texan to switch sides...

nerd.gif

you guys can't be serious.

these dudes have probably been playing with/against each other for years. from pop warner/aau to high school, college and now the pros..

at some point, you're going to start to enjoy the battles that you have against the top talent if you're one of the better players yourselves.

and off of that, relationships and friendships begin to form.

how exactly is that a bad thing?

who is to say it affects the play on the court/field?

It's not a bad thing. And it doesn't affect the play on the field.

Fans are just irrational. Old school guys are being disingenuous when they say they all hated each other, that was all for show. I guarantee that behind the scenes they were all chumming it up, snorting blow together, banging hookers, etc.

It just takes something away from it.

How great is it gonna be watching the Thunder/Warriors game knowing there is real beef out there.

I like genuine dislike in my rivalries.

That's why Bengals/Steelers is so fun to watch.

Early 200's Kings/Lakers >>>>>>>

That's hard to process for some folks for some reason
laugh.gif
,I blame wrestling
I agree but I blame dudes trying to act hard and buying into that alpha and beta BS.

This.

I also love it when fans get nostalgic with that "back in the day..." talk.

You'd think that athletes on opposing teams being friends is some new phenomenon.

Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley used to hang out/go golfing/have dinner etc. when their teams played, doesn't mean that they didn't want to bust each other's *** on the court.

Fax..it sucks when you already know the finals matchup before the season starts :x two years in a row it's been predicted :x :x 3 straight years of the same finals :x :x :x last year's was entertaining tho :pimp:

Still love me some NBA tho :lol:
you wrong on 2015. GS came out of nowhere that year. No one predicted Gs would win the chip.

For football having so much parity. Majority of chips since the 2ks started have been won by Brady a Manning or Ben . not as much parity as people hype it up to be.

Last edited:
i mean that was always their concern.. but the differences between the two levels were never THIS different before

college is way more closer to high school than it is to NFL.. the combine is way more important today than it ever was, because it's really hard to get a true evaluation (this goes for non-QBs too) of how certain guys will translate to the NFL level

:smokin

you wrong on 2015. GS came out of nowhere that year. No one predicted Gs would win the chip.

For football having so much parity. Majority of chips since the 2ks started have been won by Brady a Manning or Ben.

they were 65-17 and a #1 seed in the West

that isn't really coming out of nowhere :lol:

Players swap on the field now but players have ALWAYS gotten each other's jerseys. Usually they'll just send them one in the mail months later or something like that. I don't think it's soft, it's dope as hell. You don't know how long you gonna be in the league. You don't have to be BFFs with the guy, just dope to have a piece of the game when you retire and see like 10-20 future HOF game worn jerseys on your wall. That's wild to me. ODB gotta mean collection.

I see we going with basketball talk. KNICKS IN THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR BABAY

Last edited:

For football having so much parity. Majority of chips since the 2ks started have been won by Brady a Manning or Ben.
If there's one guarantee in life, it's Lebron being in the Finals.

FAX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom