The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be nice if we had about 5-6 teams that are a threat to win the finals. 

but in reality there's 2. which water downs the league.

So ya'll watchin NBA kickoff or WS?
I'd watch WNBA before I watch the WS
Yoo
roll.gif
bruh 
laugh.gif

WNBA Finals was lit
smokin.gif
It actually wasn't that bad. watched game 3 and 4. 

wanted the lynx to win 
mean.gif

I'll be watching the WS just because I am interested in the drama between these two teams and their WS draught. Would not care if it was Yankees vs Diamondbacks

I think the NFL would be more predictable if it was possible for the sport to have a longer regular season schedule meaning every team play every team in a season. I think we would see a more predictable trends if that where the case. But this isn't possible given the nature of the sport.

I am more of a Phillies fan than a baseball fan but the Cubs vs. Indians is a match up that interests me

but in reality there's 2. which water downs the league.
I'd say 3.. at most 4

I could see pop pulling off something.. and if someone get hurts on the warriors and the spurs fall apart because maybe the rumors are true about lamarcus.. MAYBE clippers

But, more than ever, if you were bad last year, the odds are, you're going to be bad this year. And if you were good, well, ditto.
Let's say that five seasons is a good measuring stick for the identity of today's football teams. Ten years is too long. Two years isn't long enough.

Over the last five years, ten teams – almost a third of the league – haven't made the playoffs at all. Not even for a one-and-done cameo. On the other hand, four teams have made it every year.
Also:
Want more? Five teams have made the playoffs once in the last five years. Only once. One team, Seattle, has missed it only once. That's 20 teams – roughly two-thirds – who pretty much know if they're going to be in or out when the season begins. The NFL has turned into Groundhog Day. Every morning starts with “I Got You, Babe” on the radio.

Of the 60 playoff berths over the last five years, 15 teams have gained 47. Think about that, over the last five seasons, the other 17 teams have fought over 13 playoff slots. Total.
#NFLparity = A bit overstated.

Half the reason the NFL is unpredictable is no one can stay healthy
I'd say at most it's 1/4 the reason..

players have short shelf lives anyways.. then if a team finds success other teams poach players and/or coaches... then there are cost limitations, where decisions have to be made for not actual football reasons

Last edited:
Half the reason the NFL is unpredictable is no one can stay healthy

Another very good point. A lot of the nfls parity can be explained through injuries because of the nature of the sport, the short regular season schedule (more likely to have a weak and tough schedule that will impact a season cause there are only 16 games) and the low quality of a lot of teams because of high coaching turnover and just reshuffling those coaches which brings a lack of new ideas.

So it's like the parity is great but the parity comes from a lot of things that are actually bad with the sport IMO.

So ya'll watchin NBA kickoff or WS?
WS mainly with a little switching back and forth to the NBA games.
yup.. NBA I really only care come playoff time.. but at least i'll make an effort to watch when my team plays IF the game is on (wont order the package or anything).. and i'll flip back or watch certain other games depending on who's playing and the scores and all that

baseball, I really only care if my team is in the WS.. if the game is on at a bar or something when I'm out, i'll check out couple at bats at the most

really only care about this WS because it's the cubs vs Indians

NFL relies on the team way more than the NBA, so injuries aren't as major if one or two big guys go down.

NFL relies on the team way more than the NBA, so injuries aren't as major if one or two big guys go down.
exactly.. in the NFL, the constant is the organizations that are run competently

you have to be able to hoard/maximize/develop draft picks, because that's your cheap labor.. and you need all the quality bodies you can get.. also have to realize when to cut bait with dudes who are just getting too expensive and/or are about to be on the downsides of their careers (cause bad contracts are also a huge burden)

also need quality coaching staffs along with quality scouting departments

sure some teams will get lucky from time to time when they have a handful of great players.. but they wont have the sustained success

Last edited:
I just wish the NHL has the foresight to promote it's league and players in a better fashion with the NFL shooting itself in the foot.

I'll be in the minority on this, but NHL's postseason is lowkey the most exhilarating and unpredictable of the Big 4. Best flow & pace due to how their games are structured.

Switching it up, and now speaking AS A minority :lol: ...one of my major turn-offs is how many purists want you like "their" sport sooooooo bad, but don't like it too much and familiarize yourself with it because deep down they like being in that bubble. DON'T TREAD ON ME *** folks. :lol: :smh:

The product itself is :pimp: though.

NHL Playoffs >>>>>

You hit the nail on the head though.

The face of the league should be PK Subban.

8474056.jpg

He's everything you want in an ambassador for the league. He's charismatic, friendly, obviously a minority, and a superstar. He can reach a number of people due to all of those factors.

However, the league loves to embrace the bland, cookie-cutter, type of athlete rather than trying something different....

Panthers went 15-1 and made the Super Bowl last year. Now they're 1-5 and look like they might get a top-10 draft pick. That kind of unpredictability is what makes the NFL great.

Except for the Dolphins... clockwork .500 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom