"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

You are missing the point people are calling nonsense about the food poisoning situation.

They are calling the STORY nonsense. The story that Grover told.

Sure, there IS a chance he might have actually been poisoned by food and/or drunk, or a combination of both like you said.

But the "5 Dudes were delivering the Pizza" story is what people are pushing back against.
If you noticed only the people who'll lie for Mike, protect Mike, are the one's who'll survive a relationship with him. I am not knocking it, because Jordan is smart in doing this, but if Jordan wasn't doing something stupid like spitting on Pizza and other foods, there'd be nothing to cover up. That's his character, a selfish mofo when it comes down to things that he wants. The story of how pissed that he was that Madonna wanted Pippen over him, and how Jordan tried to woo Madonna away, is quite telling as well. Madonna told MJ NO THANK YOU after making his move.

How did Karl Malone and rapist get into the same sentence?
Does someone have an article, or is this simply rumor?

Also, for those of you are giving Nike a pass in regard to the killing over their brand of shoe? Really?!
All nike had to do was to release a statement saying that they feel that such acts, were despicable and then beneath the business reputation that they were trying to achieve. However, they said nothing. They saved face JUST LIKE TRUMP, in thinking that the virus would simply go away.
*Statutory rapist

You are missing the point people are calling nonsense about the food poisoning situation.

They are calling the STORY nonsense. The story that Grover told.

Sure, there IS a chance he might have actually been poisoned by food and/or drunk, or a combination of both like you said.

But the "5 Dudes were delivering the Pizza" story is what people are pushing back against.

That's fair and sure, it sounds like a somewhat embellished story. I took it as a bunch of high school / college kids who work or live near Park City got whim of delivering to the hotel the Bulls were staying at...and so they wanted to catch a glimpse.

How did Karl Malone and rapist get into the same sentence?
Does someone have an article, or is this simply rumor?

Also, for those of you are giving Nike a pass in regard to the killing over their brand of shoe? Really?!
All nike had to do was to release a statement saying that they feel that such acts, were despicable and then beneath the business reputation that they were trying to achieve. However, they said nothing. They saved face JUST LIKE TRUMP, in thinking that the virus would simply go away.

What is there for Nike to say and more importantly why?? Nike saying or giving a statement would almost be like accepting responsibility just because a grieving family is saying something over a family member that died over some shoes. Just because somebody gets in front of a camera and microphone to say something outrageous and factually incorrect doesn’t make it true....word to you saying the name Trump in your statement.

It’s unfortunate that anybody dies at the hands of anybody else over materials or worldly possessions. That being said if and when somebody that’s charged with killing someone over a pair of Jordan’s or Nike’s is caught, the killer or killers will be the ones on trial in a courtroom and not Nike or Michael Jordan.

What is there for Nike to say and more importantly why?? Nike saying or giving a statement would almost be like accepting responsibility just because a grieving family is saying something over a family member that died over some shoes. Just because somebody gets in front of a camera and microphone to say something outrageous and factually incorrect doesn’t make it true....word to you saying the name Trump in your statement.

It’s unfortunate that anybody dies at the hands of anybody else over materials or worldly possessions. That being said if and when somebody that’s charged with killing someone over a pair of Jordan’s or Nike’s is caught, the killer or killers will be the ones on trial in a courtroom and not Nike or Michael Jordan.
The problem with what you are stating is the ignoring of the higher cause, of which big business is conveniently allowed to do through capitalism. On the inside of the Jordan boxes back in those days, there was a mission statement regarding educational initiatives and blah, blah, blah. Well, if Nike was conscious enough to make such supposed commitment? Then perhaps they'd want those kids to live long enough, for them to bear witness to such initiatives AND success.

The problem with what you are stating is the ignoring of the higher cause, of which big business is conveniently allowed to do through capitalism. On the inside of the Jordan boxes back in those days, there was a mission statement regarding educational initiatives and blah, blah, blah. Well, if Nike was conscious enough to make such supposed commitment? Then perhaps they'd want those kids to live long enough, for them to bear witness to such initiatives AND success.

Did Nike or Michael Jordan ever pull the trigger and kill someone?? Even better.....did Nike or Michael Jordan ever tell someone......anyone to kill someone for their shoes??

Also if we’re going to have a real conversation about the negatives of capitalism, we are going to have a long and lengthy discussion before we even get to Nike as a company.

Did Nike or Michael Jordan ever pull the trigger and kill someone?? Even better.....did Nike or Michael Jordan ever tell someone......anyone to kill someone for their shoes??

Also if we’re going to have a real conversation about the negatives of capitalism, we are going to have a long and lengthy discussion before we even get to Nike as a company.
Trump stated that because of his popularity, that he could stand in the middle of fifth avenue, and then shoot someone. He knew that he'd get away with it.

Nike did not have to pull the trigger. However, they could have made a difference in the perception, if they really and truly cared. If you could place that mission statement in that box? You could have easily made a statement like this when those murders occured. This was an internal memo...
Team,
Like many of you, I’m struggling to make sense of the incomprehensible. We have experienced heartbreaking, disturbing and challenging times in the United States. I have watched with sorrow the events that took place across the U.S. The loss and pain experienced in Minnesota, Louisiana and Dallas have left communities, institutions and even the nation tested. Our thoughts are with all those impacted and their families and friends.
Nike has a long history of supporting the marginalized and those whose voice is not always heard. In many cases our athletes have eloquently argued for change and to stop the situation. Last night, at the ESPYs, we heard athletes like LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul powerfully speak out about the issues facing society. Others, like Serena Williams, have also made their voices heard.
As a company, I’m proud that Nike takes a stand on issues that impact all of us, our athletes and society as a whole. And I am proud that Nike stands against discrimination in any form. We stand against bigotry. We stand for racial justice. We firmly believe the world can improve. We are a diverse company and, as we stated in our recent Sustainable Business Report, are firmly committed to making it more diverse and inclusive.
We cannot solve all these profound, longstanding and systemic issues. However, one thing will always be clear: discrimination in any form and racial injustice are destructive forces. And talking about these issues can help find peace and paths forward. I firmly believe we are at our best when we engage and listen to those around us, in our communities at home and at work. It’s impossible to leave our emotions and experiences outside the work place – they inform us and make us who we are.
We don’t have the answers, but it’s important to try to talk about the issues we’re facing. Antoine Andrews, VP of Diversity and Inclusion, will work with the North American leadership team in the coming weeks to help facilitate meetings at WHQ and in our NY, Chicago and LA offices to allow us to talk about what we are facing together. Conversations don’t solve everything, but dialogue will help. Our voices matter. This is your company and we want you to be heard.
In difficult times, it’s important to speak up. We cannot change the past, but we can impact the future.
Thanks,
Mark Parker
Chairman, President and CEO, NIKE, Inc.
#blacklivesmatter #stoptheviolence”

Nike knows that they could have done more. This internal letter proves what you are in denial of.

Trump stated that because of his popularity, that he could stand in the middle of fifth avenue, and then shoot someone. He knew that he'd get away with it.

Nike did not have to pull the trigger. However, they could have made a difference in the perception, if they really and truly cared. If you could place that mission statement in that box? You could have easily made a statement like this when those murders occured. This was an internal memo...

Nike knows that they could have done more. This internal letter proves what you are in denial of.

I appreciate everything you typed and all your points that you tried to get across. The one and only statement that truly answered my question and put the rest of your points to bed was when you said “Nike did not pull the trigger”. Once you said that you were in the clear with me champ. Although I’ll never discourage someone for speaking their mind whether they are talking just to talk or what have you. We need more like you champ.......bless your heart.

Klay is the ultimate 2nd star in my eyes. He would be the perfect sidekick for any NBA star in history.

He has great defense and there will be nights he scores 50 if the coach lets him.

I'd even rank him above Pippen. His defense didn't impact a game as much as Pippen's but his gravity on offense is huge and would open it up for the other star. Defense is important but at the end of a REAL intense NBA game it's harder to get a bucket than it is to get a stop.

He was durable too, until this freak injury, which had nothing to do with his conditioning.

I try to tell people that he's better off-the-dribble and in isolation than a lot of people think. In 20 years everyone will say he was a spot-up shooter.
Klay Thompson is probably the top all-around SG in the league. But of course, many will say he's just a shooter. But watching him play from day 1 with the Warriors, his defense has improved so much. Compliments Steph so well. Love it.

I appreciate everything you typed and all your points that you tried to get across. The one and only statement that truly answered my question and put the rest of your points to bed was when you said “Nike did not pull the trigger”. Once you said that you were in the clear with me champ. Although I’ll never discourage someone for speaking their mind whether they are talking just to talk or what have you. We need more like you champ.......bless your heart.
Your willful ignorance can be quite charming as well.

It was easy copying and pasting the response, no effort at all, as Mark Parker did most of it for me.

That internal memo proves my point. So if the CEO of NIKE agreed with me? Yeah, I'm on point.

Champ.

Not to pick a side in the argument but I would imagine that a company would deem their product a success if people are literally killing each other over it. Before Nike should ever address the unnecessary violence over their product, we as a community should of been the first to address each other as to why violence needed to take place amongst each other for material things. Instead, we (and when I say we, I mean African Americans) still lined up for them. We’re more culpable than Nike because we’re the reason Air Jordan’s are still relevant far after Michael Jordan’s playing career is over.

Not to pick a side in the argument but I would imagine that a company would deem their product a success if people are literally killing each other over it. Before Nike should ever address the unnecessary violence over their product, we as a community should of been the first to address each other as to why violence needed to take place amongst each other for material things. Instead, we still lined up for them. We’re more culpable than Nike because we’re the reason Air Jordan’s are still relevant far after Michael Jordan’s playing career is over.
Bootstrap, 'eh?!

Problematic to say the least.

Bootstrap, 'eh?!

Problematic to say the least.

More or less. I don’t consider it paradoxical more so than I consider it policing each other. Robbing to get Jordan’s, selling drugs in your community to get Jordan’s, selling drugs in your community to put Gold BBS’ on your whip, it’s all in the same vain in that the consumer has the power, not the seller. Therefore the onus is on the consumer.

More or less. I don’t consider it paradoxical more so than I consider it policing each other. Robbing to get Jordan’s, selling drugs in your community to get Jordan’s, selling drugs in your community to put Gold BBS’ on your whip, it’s all in the same vain in that the consumer has the power, not the seller. Therefore the onus is on the consumer.
You are leaving out the effects of oppression, and then what it truly means to have our OWN community.

It does not exist in America.

Your willful ignorance can be quite charming as well.

It was easy copying and pasting the response, no effort at all, as Mark Parker did most of it for me.

That internal memo proves my point. So if the CEO of NIKE agreed with me? Yeah, I'm on point.

Champ.

I hear champ. Now that we have clearly established that your first attempt was a mistake on your end let’s see if you can at least get up to par on this next swing. We know that Nike didn’t pull the trigger.....you especially after your confession. What more what YOU like to have seen NIke do to rectify the situation?? Please be specific.

I hear champ. Now that we have clearly established that your first attempt was a mistake on your end let’s see if you can at least get up to par on this next swing. We know that Nike didn’t pull the trigger.....you especially after your confession. What more what YOU like to have seen NIke do to rectify the situation?? Please be specific.
Nike did not have to pull the trigger.

What admission are you speaking of? You took my comment out of context, in order to support what you are trying to prove, pretty miserably I might add.

Mark Parker in the memo, ADMITTED that Nike has a responsibility to make things right.

Did you even read it?

I bet that you didn't, probably afraid to do so.

Champ.

Here, highlighted for you, champ,
Nike has a long history of supporting the marginalized and those whose voice is not always heard. In many cases our athletes have eloquently argued for change and to stop the situation. Last night, at the ESPYs, we heard athletes like LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul powerfully speak out about the issues facing society. Others, like Serena Williams, have also made their voices heard.
As a company, I’m proud that Nike takes a stand on issues that impact all of us, our athletes and society as a whole. And I am proud that Nike stands against discrimination in any form. We stand against bigotry. We stand for racial justice. We firmly believe the world can improve. We are a diverse company and, as we stated in our recent Sustainable Business Report, are firmly committed to making it more diverse and inclusive.

What admission are you speaking of? You took my comment out of context, in order to support what you are trying to prove, pretty miserably I might add.

Mark Parker in the memo, ADMITTED that Nike has a responsibility to make things right.

Did you even read it?

I bet that you didn't, probably afraid to do so.

Champ.

Here, highlighted for you, champ,

Again, what responsibility do they have and why? Even Mark Parker’s memo is generic in nature. What can or should Nike do specifically from a responsibility standpoint??

3D37164D-6B45-4830-A937-F65003698208.gif

Again, what responsibility do they have and why? Even Mark Parker’s memo is generic in nature. What can or should Nike do specifically from a responsibility standpoint??
It's only generic to those who refuse to read, and then comprehend what Parker actually stated.

I do not understand why one would make the attempt at tactical stupidity, where basic intelligence can do the trick.

Btw, there is a glaring omission in that internal memo, regarding the names of the athletes who have spoken out against such issues.

Do you see a Micheal Jeffery Jordan in there anywhere?!

Or would you like to do that thing again? You know, taking someone's comments out of context, then inserting Jordan's name in there for Parker?!

Back
Top Bottom