"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

Skipped a bunch of pages because the thread moves too fast.

But the documentary showed Jordan shooting around in Bordeaux 7s while the documentary timeline was still prior to the Bulls 1st championship.

Did they mess the years up? Am I missing something?

The documentary skips between the 1997-1998 final NBA season for Michael Jordan AND past events for specific players/specific moments in Chicago Bulls history involving Jordan.

So no, this "Last Dance" isn't just about the 1998 NBA season of the Chicago Bulls...........but a history of every player, coach, and the Bulls franchise in general that led up to the 1998 season as well.

So if any of you guys thought that ESPN was gonna break down the entire 1998 season of the Chicago Bulls in 10 episodes............c'mon fellas, you know ESPN was gonna need MORE FOOTAGE beyond that one NBA season to make a 10 episode documentary.

The documentary skips between the 1997-1998 final NBA season for Michael Jordan AND past events for specific players/specific moments in Chicago Bulls history involving Jordan.

So no, this "Last Dance" isn't just about the 1998 NBA season of the Chicago Bulls...........but a history of every player, coach, and the Bulls franchise in general that led up to the 1998 season as well.

I know but at one point it seemed to me they didn't make it explicit that they were changing years like in the other instances.

So if any of you guys thought that ESPN was gonna break down the entire 1998 season of the Chicago Bulls in 10 episodes............c'mon fellas, you know ESPN was gonna need MORE FOOTAGE beyond that one NBA season to make a 10 episode documentary.

I hope they talk about the Bulls failed 1995 playoff run where they got bounced early. That was low-key MJ’s most embarrassing career moment on the Bulls, especially considering that Shaq/Penny Magic squad got dominated by the Rockets in the Finals.

I found it

They showed this image while Jordan is talking about how frustrating it is to lose to Detroit and not have a chip because he would never be in the discussion with Magic and Bird without a ring.

Bordeaux 7 Episode 4.png

Did they mess up?

Honestly, this is the best way to generate hype for a show. Get people talking about it between eps. Look how popular GOT became. Or Breaking Bad. Or Lost. Then you got shows like Stranger Things which come and go for maybe a week or 2. Then it's on to the next show.

People weren’t regularly watching Breaking Bad until the last 2 seasons though. Vince Gillian even said the show was almost canceled on AMC until Netflix essentially saved it because people started watching it on there. He actually wrote Season 4 to potentially end the show.

I hope they talk about the Bulls failed 1995 playoff run where they got bounced early. That was low-key MJ’s most embarrassing career moment on the Bulls, especially considering that Shaq/Penny Magic squad got dominated by the Rockets in the Finals.

They'll probably brush over it briefly, since that is the same time when MJ came back from his first "retirement" per say.............I don't know how in-depth they'll go in on that 1995 playoff run UNLESS Jordan has some new comments in the documentary about it.

But they'll most likely put more focus on his "first retirement" and his "baseball season" instead

I found it

They showed this image while Jordan is talking about how frustrating it is to lose to Detroit and not have a chip because he would never be in the discussion with Magic and Bird without a ring.

Bordeaux 7 Episode 4.png

Did they mess up?

Yes, they definitely messed that up. I thought the same thing when I saw it.

Either that or they are just trying to fill some of the earlier years with rarer footage and hope no one will notice the discrepancies.

We have the luxury of watching it in highlight form. In real time MJ likely saw dude out the corner of his eye and instinctively reacted imo. The guy did come up to MJ pretty fast and looked like he was about to jump. But you could be right also.
I mean MJ was quick and can slam it down fast.

I just feel like had dude jumped in that instance and tried to contest by throwing his hands up it would be an instant flagrant foul (which is why he didn't jump).

Mike was at the peak of his jump. Nothing could've stopped him. By the time he switched hands and lays it up with his left his head is already under the rim :lol: Wild unnecessary.

Last edited:
It brings back so many memories, this documentary. I still have my stub from the Garden, the night he put the 55 on the Knicks during his comeback. The 55 was dope, but the highlight on that night was this tomahawk dunk that Scottie put on Charles Smith. It was nasty! The garden got reaaaaallly quiet when that went down.

Skipped a bunch of pages because the thread moves too fast. But the documentary showed Jordan shooting around in Bordeaux 7s while the documentary timeline was still prior to the Bulls 1st championship. Did they mess the years up? Am I missing something?

I know but at one point it seemed to me they didn't make it explicit that they were changing years like in the other instances.

Yes, they definitely messed that up. I thought the same thing when I saw it. Either that or they are just trying to fill some of the earlier years with rarer footage and hope no one will notice the discrepancies.

Was thinking of NTers when they aired that part. They definitely messed up and we know damn well that wasn't slipping past sneakerheads. :lol:

Was thinking of NTers when they aired that part. They definitely messed up and we know damn well that wasn't slipping past sneakerheads. :lol:

It’s all done to tell a story and to get their point across, even if on occasion it’s from a different timeline. I’ve kinda just accepted it at this point, despite the inaccuracy.

Another example: Episode 3, after hitting The Shot vs Cavs and facing the Pistons, they talk about The Jordan Rules. Montage of MJ getting beat up, knocked to the ground. Then shows a pic of MJ on the ground vs Detroit...wearing BM 5s.

But nobody is posting the episodes. Also, don't people post leaked pics all the time for shoe releases?
He says we can't discuss leaked material. I understand the point you're making but apparently videos are policed differently. Feel free to tag meth if you'd like a discourse as to why. I imagine it's similar to the discussion of why we can't curse on here but there's no issues with posting videos with cursing.

Skipped a bunch of pages because the thread moves too fast.

But the documentary showed Jordan shooting around in Bordeaux 7s while the documentary timeline was still prior to the Bulls 1st championship.

Did they mess the years up? Am I missing something?

If you know sneakers or other details there are a bunch of those - the other one that was obvious was when they were talking about Dennis’s first season and they kept showing him in a black jersey - with no pinstripes.
When it’s just background shots with voiceover rather than a particular game or series you can understand it.

He says we can't discuss leaked material. I understand the point you're making but apparently videos are policed differently. Feel free to tag meth if you'd like a discourse as to why. I imagine it's similar to the discussion of why we can't curse on here but there's no issues with posting videos with cursing.
I'd assume it's because it has led to "dm me for links" replies that are illegal and aren't helpful to threads right after someone hints the existence of pirated media.

It's funny when they insert clips and it's clearly at different stages in his career. I'm not gonna knock any points for that but it's definitely noticeable.

Between the doc and going on talk shows to discuss the show, I never knew how much of a smooth talker Isaiah Thomas is/was. I've heard him talk plenty of times in the past but he's full on Ma$e right now with his cadence and delivery. It's probably how he gets all those front office jobs.

Back
Top Bottom