"The Last Dance" Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls Docuseries

1608153562399.jpeg

Christmas time and NBA games ☃ 🥰

Can’t forget this classic. MJ versus Santa

Last edited:
Right, champ. During his playing career, Jordan did everything he could to distance himself from what would be considered controversy regarding politics and racial issues, champ. He even admitted such in the doc. He stated that he didn't want to participate in such, didn't want to be like Ali, the real CHAMP.

Donald Trump got 70 million votes, contested the election, tells people, his followers that the whole election, including covid, is a hoax. Right, champ? Those seventy million are solely interested in maintaining white supremacy, and their ACCEPTABLE NEGROES are the ones they will roll out, Herschel Walker, then drop names like Michael Jordan, as if....he is down with them, because he is rich and then above criticizing this country. He will just shut up and dribble, which is exactly what he did his entire playing career.
So now he is an owner, with players in the wnba and nba, giving him the side eye. #Blacklivesmatter.
Now he has pressure coming from OUR side on this, forced to speak up.

Are you Black?

Yes I am black. I would ask if you are black.......... but given the fact that you posted that article by Ken Burns (a white man) trying to downplay Jordan (a prominent black man) I already can tell that you aren’t black. There’s no way any self-respecting black person would try to up a white man just to slander a black man.......no self-respecting black person. As the saying goes, what’s understood doesn’t need to be explained. That being said KHUFU KHUFU you are now at liberty to tell me and the rest of the NT congregation what race you are or what race you identify as. A response of “black” has clearly been taken off of the table for you.

Now that we have cut threw the pleasantries and formalities between one another let’s get down to business champ. You seem to have a problem with Jordan for many reasons. It appears as if you wanted Jordan to have more of an awareness socially speaking or have more of a consciousness towards the black community. Now that’s a valid critique or criticism from your point of view but for myself and many others WE see Jordan as a basketball player, and not as an activist. Would it have been nice to see Jordan as an activist, sure I guess but that’s not something I personally needed to see from him. I grew up in a household where black history and black excellence was demonstrated, taught and preached to me. For me, I didn’t need Jordan or any other athlete for that matter to be a role model for me, my Dad was my role model as a child and young man....still is as a matter of fact.

The books I read, the movies I watched, the music I listened to, and the countless number of positive black males that I came across and were introduced to was more than enough for me. I understand everyone wasn’t raised the same or awarded the same childhood but the burden of responsibility lies within that family or community structure and not some famous athlete that you or I most likely will never meet in life.

Jordan doesn’t owe me, you or anyone else anything because as the saying goes “he’s not paid to do those things”. The battles and challenges Jordan faces or faced are not the same challenges that another individual faces. Stop asking for someone else to take up the fight that you should be fighting or are challenged with. We don’t need anymore Begging Benny’s with this “I’m suppose to get” mentality that you keep displaying champ. Let me give you the background so I can give you the breakdown KHUFU KHUFU ...........in the words of two great black poets formally known as Outkast “You need to git up, git out and git something.......cause you and I got to do for you and I”. Once you fully understand that line KHUFU KHUFU you’ll have a better understanding of life and more importantly EXPECTATIONS.

Yes I am black. I would ask if you are black.......... but given the fact that you posted that article by Ken Burns (a white man) trying to downplay Jordan (a prominent black man) I already can tell that you aren’t black. There’s no way any self-respecting black person would try to up a white man just to slander a black man.......no self-respecting black person. As the saying goes, what’s understood doesn’t need to be explained. That being said KHUFU KHUFU you are now at liberty to tell me and the rest of the NT congregation what race you are or what race you identify as. A response of “black” has clearly been taken off of the table for you.

Now that we have cut threw the pleasantries and formalities between one another let’s get down to business champ. You seem to have a problem with Jordan for many reasons. It appears as if you wanted Jordan to have more of an awareness socially speaking or have more of a consciousness towards the black community. Now that’s a valid critique or criticism from your point of view but for myself and many others WE see Jordan as a basketball player, and not as an activist. Would it have been nice to see Jordan as an activist, sure I guess but that’s not something I personally needed to see from him. I grew up in a household where black history and black excellence was demonstrated, taught and preached to me. For me, I didn’t need Jordan or any other athlete for that matter to be a role model for me, my Dad was my role model as a child and young man....still is as a matter of fact.

The books I read, the movies I watched, the music I listened to, and the countless number of positive black males that I came across and were introduced to was more than enough for me. I understand everyone wasn’t raised the same or awarded the same childhood but the burden of responsibility lies within that family or community structure and not some famous athlete that you or I most likely will never meet in life.

Jordan doesn’t owe me, you or anyone else anything because as the saying goes “he’s not paid to do those things”. The battles and challenges Jordan faces or faced are not the same challenges that another individual faces. Stop asking for someone else to take up the fight that you should be fighting or are challenged with. We don’t need anymore Begging Benny’s with this “I’m suppose to get” mentality that you keep displaying champ. Let me give you the background so I can give you the breakdown KHUFU KHUFU ...........in the words of two great black poets formally known as Outkast “You need to git up, git out and git something.......cause you and I got to do for you and I”. Once you fully understand that line KHUFU KHUFU you’ll have a better understanding of life and more importantly EXPECTATIONS.
I admire the effort and time in which it took for you to write that. It had to be tough.

Well, I guess it all comes down to what we would call a prominent Black man, correct? Under the guise of capitalism ruled through white supremacy, I guess you could indeed call Michael Jordan a prominent Black man. No doubt. He is an acceptable Black man, not a threat. But under the scope of oppression, white supremacy, the very Black people who fought and then continue to fight for our liberty, those who were a threat? They would not be called prominent under the same measure that Jordan is measured through.

Both Malcolm X and Dr. King died broke. With less resources, both had more of an impact globally for Black people, and with Malcolm? Even less of an education, while also considering that Jordan came from a home with both mother and father, a stable home.

I consider both to be prominent Black men in the true essence of the word, both who made it easier for Jordan to say nothing about what it means to be Black, and then an athlete in AmeriKKKa.

Jordan is only prominent because Madison avenue found a way to make money off of him.

Since Jordan eschewed his platform to join athletes like Craig Hodges, he will be judged through the acceptability prism, because that is his main focus, republicans buy shoes too. White people who wish to be reminded of the past, those who remembered him as doing nothing but playing basketball, will love what you've written. The Model Minority LOVES how you think, that bootstrap poison that pays homage to white supremacy and its mediocre standards. I am certain that you'll get a pat on the back for suggesting that Jordan owes Black people nothing.

Pardon me for speaking to you where you are, because the Blackness that I know and speak to?

Doesn't do that respectability crap that you are on your knees begging to be a part of.

I guess this was left on the cutting room floor as well....Prominent Black man, right?! Well known story.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican , did Jordan care if white people were around listening to this...?

In 2009, Chamillionaire crossed paths with Michael Jordan at a party for the basketball legend after bidding over $7000 for one of his jerseys at a Reggie Bush charity auction. After seeing Jordan posing for pictures with some ladies at the party, Cham tried for his own snapshot with him. "I don't ask nobody for nothin' I never do," Cham retells in a video on his Web site. "I was just like, man, this is just that one moment. I'm gonna ask Mike for a picture." The rapper approached Jordan, who was sitting next to filmmaker Spike Lee and members of the Boston Celtics, including guard Paul Pierce. "They were just chilling and I said, 'I don't mean to be rude, but Mike, I just wanted to know if I could get a picture." Although Cham was expecting to get a "No" from him, he wasn't expecting what Jordan actually replied; "I ain't taking pictures with no ******!" Chamillionaire thought that Jordan didn't hear him properly and explained that he just paid $7000 for one of his jerseys. Jordan responded; "You know what, I tell you what, you pay $15,000 right now for a jersey from me and I'll take a picture with you."

Cham charges that he's "never been so heated" in his life. Pierce even tried to chime in. "Paul Pierce was like, 'Yo, whoa, chill out. That's Chamillionaire, man," the rapper continued. Jordan didn't budge and retorted with an "I don't give a ****, *****!" Chamillionaire then turned to Spike Lee, shook his hand and said "It's all good." Describing Jordan's A-list entourage upon his departure, Cham said they "all just had that look like, 'That's just how Mike is."

Chamillionaire excuses Jordan's "most rudest" behavior by reasoning that "this dude must feel a certain way inside, where he just be treating people like that." Nike and Jordan apparently tried to apologize by sending Cham jerseys and shoes. Cham says he lost respect for the legendary basketball player following the ordeal, allegedly responded to the peace-offering by saying, "No, *****."

I guess this was left on the cutting room floor as well....Prominent Black man, right?! Well known story.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican , did Jordan care if white people were around listening to this...?

In 2009, Chamillionaire crossed paths with Michael Jordan at a party for the basketball legend after bidding over $7000 for one of his jerseys at a Reggie Bush charity auction. After seeing Jordan posing for pictures with some ladies at the party, Cham tried for his own snapshot with him. "I don't ask nobody for nothin' I never do," Cham retells in a video on his Web site. "I was just like, man, this is just that one moment. I'm gonna ask Mike for a picture." The rapper approached Jordan, who was sitting next to filmmaker Spike Lee and members of the Boston Celtics, including guard Paul Pierce. "They were just chilling and I said, 'I don't mean to be rude, but Mike, I just wanted to know if I could get a picture." Although Cham was expecting to get a "No" from him, he wasn't expecting what Jordan actually replied; "I ain't taking pictures with no ******!" Chamillionaire thought that Jordan didn't hear him properly and explained that he just paid $7000 for one of his jerseys. Jordan responded; "You know what, I tell you what, you pay $15,000 right now for a jersey from me and I'll take a picture with you."

Cham charges that he's "never been so heated" in his life. Pierce even tried to chime in. "Paul Pierce was like, 'Yo, whoa, chill out. That's Chamillionaire, man," the rapper continued. Jordan didn't budge and retorted with an "I don't give a ****, *****!" Chamillionaire then turned to Spike Lee, shook his hand and said "It's all good." Describing Jordan's A-list entourage upon his departure, Cham said they "all just had that look like, 'That's just how Mike is."

Chamillionaire excuses Jordan's "most rudest" behavior by reasoning that "this dude must feel a certain way inside, where he just be treating people like that." Nike and Jordan apparently tried to apologize by sending Cham jerseys and shoes. Cham says he lost respect for the legendary basketball player following the ordeal, allegedly responded to the peace-offering by saying, "No, *****."

Thanks for proving my point champ with the Begging Benny “I’m suppose to get” mentality displayed here in this story by Chamillionaire and highlighted and applauded by YOU. What kind of man gets upset about another man not giving him a picture of himself?? What kind of groupie nonsense is that?? Then Cham had the nerve to run to the papers and go tell that story. Then has a non-black person KHUFU KHUFU go run and tell that same story as some sort of shaming tactic on a shoe message board. What’s going on out here in these streets??

Perhaps Jordan could have handled the matter in a better/more polite way but he was at a party chilling and probably didn’t want to be bothered. Cham quickly turned into a Begging Benny because he thought “he was suppose to get” a picture but quickly got turned down. Actually according to the story if Cham would have stepped his groupie game up and coughed up $15,000 he would have gotten a picture like he requested. I guess he either didn’t have the money or simply didn’t really want the picture bad enough. Either way that’s on Cham.

Thanks for proving my point champ with the Begging Benny “I’m suppose to get” mentality displayed here in this story by Chamillionaire and highlighted and applauded by YOU. What kind of man gets upset about another man not giving him a picture of himself?? What kind of groupie nonsense is that?? Then Cham had the nerve to run to the papers and go tell that story. Then has a non-black person KHUFU KHUFU go run and tell that same story as some sort of shaming tactic on a shoe message board. What’s going on out here in these streets??

Perhaps Jordan could have handled the matter in a better/more polite way but he was at a party chilling and probably didn’t want to be bothered. Cham quickly turned into a Begging Benny because he thought “he was suppose to get” a picture but quickly got turned down. Actually according to the story if Cham would have stepped his groupie game up and coughed up $15,000 he would have gotten a picture like he requested. I guess he either didn’t have the money or simply didn’t really want the picture bad enough. Either way that’s on Cham.
Yeah, you wouldn’t take issue with Jordan calling the brother the NWord in front of Larry Bird, and the white women he was taking pics with, right? Very telling indeed. You are calling Black people who are dealing with circumstances through oppression “begging benny”, as well?! As stated, you are nothing but a model minority wannabe. You’d better wipe those biscuit crumbs off of your face. Plus the misogynist references? Oh, that’s pathetic.

I'm looking at this both ways. I dunno who Chamillionaire is. maybe he's an *** in real life. maybe Mike hates his music or his attitude or just genuinely doesn't like him at all. who knows what really happened in that particular incident unless someone recorded it. on the otherhand, I believe everyone knows how Mike is and the manner he talks to other people. it doesn't matter even if he's the President of the U.S. of A. Mike talks smack, whether you get offended or not, he don't care. while I think he could have handled it better but I don't think that is Mike's personality.

personally, these guys are my basketball idols. but like most sports figure are, they are not the type of role model that you would want in real life. point is, you don't want to BE LIKE MIKE or BE LIKE LEBRON. it just so happened that Jordan reached that level of popularity in basketball. that's about it.

Yeah, you wouldn’t take issue with Jordan calling the brother the NWord in front of Larry Bird, and the white women he was taking pics with, right? Very telling indeed. You are calling Black people who are dealing with circumstances through oppression “begging benny”, as well?! As stated, you are nothing but a model minority wannabe. You’d better wipe those biscuit crumbs off of your face. Plus the misogynist references? Oh, that’s pathetic.

What are you talking about?? How is asking another man for a picture a display oppression?? You are making things more difficult than what they really are. You’re one of these “I’m coming up the rough side of the mountain” type of of dudes.

Jordan calling Cham what he called him in front of 2 other black men so nobody should feel hurt or bent out of shape over that. At the end of the day we don’t need anymore Begging Benny’s like Chamillionaire and we certainly don’t need anymore Begging Benny’s empathizers such as yourself KHUFU KHUFU . You can call it misogyny references or whatever you want to champ. At the end of the day there are certain things men just aren’t suppose to do.

What are you talking about?? How is asking another man for a picture a display oppression?? You are making things more difficult than what they really are. You’re one of these “I’m coming up the rough side of the mountain” type of of dudes.

Jordan calling Cham what he called him in front of 2 other black men so nobody should feel hurt or bent out of shape over that. At the end of the day we don’t need anymore Begging Benny’s like Chamillionaire and we certainly don’t need anymore Begging Benny’s empathizers such as yourself KHUFU KHUFU . You can call it misogyny references or whatever you want to champ. At the end of the day there are certain things men just aren’t suppose to do.

Yet again, you prove yourself to be a part of the problem, especially where being a supposed man is concerned. If you wish to hold yourself up to the westernized standards of supposed masculinity? You know, the same standard that suggests women are the weaker sex, where misogynist principles shape how men are viewed IF we show or exhibit emotions that are supposedly beneath us? Then just like the biscuitry you’ve exhibited in the suggestion that it was okay for Jordan to call that brother the n word in front of Larry Bird and the white women taking part in the photos, you are a lost cause, and rightfully so. Harriet left people like you behind for a reason. However, you still found a way to get here, continuously holding us back from achieving complete freedom.

Just curious about John Roger's words when he beat MJ, one on one. And MJ words about that game.

The nba was never the same after that 97-98 season. After the bulls were broken up the league totally went in different direction. Nothing lasts forever but man.

I’ve watch this documentary at least 5x since it’s initial airings and I wear I get a little misty eyed.

karl Malone getting on the bulls bus and congratulating every player and personnel was classy. Damn near made me drop a tear.

Last edited:
I feel like they could do a documentary or a
Piece on the 98-99 Bulls. The aftermath. That team still and some holdovers left but damn out of a 50 game season they went 13-37, they didn’t get no nationally televised games, the ring ceremony and montage was awkward as hell.

greed and ego robbed us of the Bulls at least Defending their title (and gettin sent home in the East Finals), MJ rockin the XIV (which is the best performance Air Jordan) on court in an NBA game etc.

The nba was never the same after that 97-98 season. After the bulls were broken up the league totally went in different direction. Nothing lasts forever but man.

I thought it carried on just fine. It was the Iverson/Kobe/Shaq/T-Mac era :pimp:

Rule changes, zone defense, the fall of the Center position.......
Ahh I see what you’re saying. It still did great though, lots of great seasons and you know Shaq did his thing as a big man. My only gripe during that time was when Stern began that dress code, it was so lame of him.

Ahh I see what you’re saying. It still did great though, lots of great seasons and you know Shaq did his thing as a big man. My only gripe during that time was when Stern began that dress code, it was so lame of him.
It was kinda cool to see Iverson in those huge suits and Gucci sneakers that looked like dunks. Of course now we laugh at it. But back then Iverson was being Iverson.

except that Kings-Lakers fiasco. my god, that was mortifying and Stern did nothing.

I feel like they could do a documentary or a
Piece on the 98-99 Bulls. The aftermath. That team still and some holdovers left but damn out of a 50 game season they went 13-37, they didn’t get no nationally televised games, the ring ceremony and montage was awkward as hell.

greed and ego robbed us of the Bulls at least Defending their title (and gettin sent home in the East Finals), MJ rockin the XIV (which is the best performance Air Jordan) on court in an NBA game etc.

I mean they could but who REALLY wants to see that outside of hardcore basketball fans. :lol:

Not even sure it would be worth the resources, BUT they have made 30 for 30s on lesser know stories.

I hate Krause & his ego, but he still did have a pretty good eye for talent in those first few years after the Jordan era—his missteps were what he’d do with that talent. Brand, Artest, Crawford, Brad Miller, Jay Williams. Trading a 22 year old Brand, who was a guaranteed 20/10 every night for an 18 year old Tyson Chandler. Trading Artest & Miller for a declining Jalen Rose :sick:. Artest/Brand/Miller would’ve been a tough front-court in the early 2000s, especially with all of them developing into All-Stars not much after leaving Chicago.

Back
Top Bottom