The Major League Baseball Offseason Post

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Halladay shopping[/h3]
Toronto is looking to move Roy Halladay, the right-handed ace who prepped at Arvada West High School. Denver Post national baseball writer Troy E. Renck ranks the front-runners to acquire him:

1. Angels

They have a young pitcher in Joe Saunders whom Toronto likes, a bushel of other prospects and the money to sign Halladay long term.

2. Yankees

The Yankees acquired Curtis Granderson without giving up Phil Hughes or Joba Chamberlain, so the framework of a deal still exists.

3. Red Sox

They have the money and the means, but are reluctant to part with major-league starter Clay Buchholz and prized prospect Clay Kelly.

4. Dodgers

They possess the trade pieces, primarily Clayton Kershaw, but probably not the payroll to sign Halladay to a monster contract.

Angels farm system seems really thin, so I would really hate to trade Roy to them, and no Joe Saunders and Erik Aybardoesn't excite me.
sick.gif

The Yankees probably have the best single prospect but It would physically repulse to see him in pinstripes.
sick.gif

Red Sox probably have the deepest system with the most prospects, so If they are tired of the Yankee's embarrassing them I could deal witht eh RedSox's

The Dodgers aren't giving up Clayton Kershaw, I can't even delude myself into thinking that they will.
laugh.gif

Probably been discussed but I figured I would ask some informed people. Matt Holliday is going to command some big money but with that being said should ALteams look at his time in Oakland as an aberration or can he just not cut it in the American league? He was terrible in his 100 or so games there, pathetic maybe the right word.

^ He was decent in the AL from the games he played and if I remember correctly he came back a little earlier from his injury. He did good against the AL Eastas well.

I heard this AM that the Angels GM has said they're would consider parting ways w/Aybar so that's gotta be a stepping stone towards any kind of deal.

I really don't believe the Rangers offered that, goes against what they've been doing w/the farm and holding on to their younger kids.

My favorite Phil Coke moment had nothing to do w/him. Rangers played @ the Stadium and it was right after those pictures came out of Hamilton in an AZ bar.Bleacher creatures started screaming "HAMILTOOOOON WE GOT SOME COKE IN THE BULLPEN FOR YOU." Kinda poor taste but I thought it was funny
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

11:13am: Sherman says the Yankees re-signed Pettitte for one year and $11.75MM.

Pretty inevitable. I mean did anyone even try luring him from the Yankees. Or was he kinda making it clear that if it wasnt the Yankees then hewas done. Also he seemed to have squeezed a little more out of them. I was hearing it was only gonna be for 10 Mil. Cant knock the hustle.

It does the Rangers no good to trade Millwood AND pick up his salary...

The entire point of trading him is to give yourself flexibility to make other moves...

http://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/6505922926
Rosenthal says the Brewers have an agreement with LaTroy Hawkins, pending a physical. He says it's a two-year deal.
2:20pm: The Orioles and Rangers are close to swapping pitchers Kevin Millwood and Chris Ray, reports Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports agrees. The Rangers would of course send cash in the deal. Ray hasn't heard anything yet, according to MASN's Steve Melewski.

2:38pm: The two sides have a tentative agreement, reports Zrebiec. He says the deal could be completed as early as tonight.

Ugh...

If they turn Millwood into Chris Ray and Jermaine Dye... *sigh*

That money better be turned into Sheets/Harden and a decent bat...

Millwood out, Rich Harden in... One year, $7.5M with a club option at $11.5M for 2011...

pimp.gif

EDIT* %%%$ me... Other sources say Seattle... Um... Please be Texas?

EDIT AGAIN... Seattle's beat writer just confirmed Rangers...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Cubs letting Harden walk away. Giving away Marquis last year.
tired.gif
smh.gif

The hell we want JJ Putz for?

Brewers getting LaTroy is the only good news I seen.
laugh.gif

Get 110-150 outta Harden... Innings increases from Holland, Hunter, Feliz and Feldman...

Just need a right-handed DH now and we're good to go... I want Vlad. Probably not enough money, though...

Originally Posted by Durden7

I LOVE the signing of Brian Schneider by the Phillies.
eyes.gif

Good signing by the Rangers. Harden big risk/high reward guy, but for some reason I have confidence he will do very well this year. Not a bad price for himeither.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Durden7

I LOVE the signing of Brian Schneider by the Phillies.
eyes.gif

Good signing by the Rangers. Harden big risk/high reward guy, but for some reason I have confidence he will do very well this year. Not a bad price for him either.

Hes better than the other backups. Hes from the Lehigh Valley, grew up a Phillies fan, always wanted to play for them.

Hes not going to be a star, but hes a great backup.

Rangers are reportedly trying to trade for Mike Lowell... Presumably the Sox would have to eat the contract, but he fits the mold of what they're lookingfor pretty well...

Right-handed, mashes LHP... Can backup third base and DH regularly...

I wouldn't mind the Mets going after Lowell for a platoon position at first and a breather for Wright at 3rd. He could still play everyday, though, so Idoubt it would happen.

7:30pm: A major league source tells Bastian that Halladay might waive his not-trade clause to join the Angels.

7:19pm: The Angels have made an offer, according to Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun. They'd give up Joe Saunders, Erick Aybar and Peter Bourjos forHalladay. Saunders and Aybar are set to become free agents after 2012. Halladay, of course, would have to approve any deal, but one unnamed executive impliesthe Angels believe Halladay would accept.

ohwell.gif
idk how i feel about this.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Millwood out, Rich Harden in... One year, $7.5M with a club option at $11.5M for 2011...

pimp.gif

EDIT* %%%$ me... Other sources say Seattle... Um... Please be Texas?

EDIT AGAIN... Seattle's beat writer just confirmed Rangers...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Awesome signing, no incentives at all?

Back
Top Bottom