The Major League Baseball Offseason Post

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

there is no 3 way.

phils and the bluejays agreed to a deal. (drabek, taylor, darnaud for doc)

then the phils are gonna trade lee to seattle.

like i said they should just keep lee and collect the 2 first round picks next year
If thats the case, then yea I dont see why you get rid of Lee

That would be dumb on the Phils part since they gave up prospects just to get Lee.

You got your ace already, and you want to move him with even MORE prospects to get a 33 year old Halladay (who will want Santana money)?

I know you need a guy to lock up long term but damn. They upgraded their ace but they have been fleeced.

they are soooo many different reports
laugh.gif
but if what the phils beat writeris sayin is true. then ruben is dumb
laugh.gif
treat'n lee like a salarydump
roll.gif
when they could buyout moyer or dump blanton. add the fact torwould be sending 6 mil along w. doc

seriously makes no dang sense

Exactly. It was a lateral move at best. Possibly a negative move the way Lee went out there and dominated everyone he faced in the playoffs. I mean I knowHalladay is Halladay, But I dont think giving up Lee (indirectly) was the right move to aquire him. Obviously if they dont give up Lee it is the move of theoffseason and puts them as #1 contenders. But this? IDK if it even gives them anything more than what they had.

A-Rod and Kate Hudson have reportedly called it quits.

Are we gonna be seeing the return of the old, choking A-Rod that we all know and love in the postseason next year?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Rich get richer. Done w/baseball until the system is fixed.

you'll be back.
I doubt it. Didn't even watch the playoffs this year. I used to be a Red Sox fan, too. It's just gross looking at payrolls of the topteams and then comparing it to the Pirates. You can't blame the Red Sox and Yankees either. They have the money and they are spending it. Gotta blame thepeople at the top.

Originally Posted by JD617

Are we gonna be seeing the return of the old, choking A-Rod that we all know and love in the postseason next year?
nerd.gif

first lackey to boston, now this ...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

nerd.gif

Most likely,
roll.gif

smh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

To my understanding, it's still a three-team deal.

Yea thats how im taking the updates, unlike what fam said uptop. It seems like they just cant get the right pieces 2gether. With that said, Im pretty sure thedeal is done and there's not gonna be any backing out now that its gone this far (unlike the Lowell to the Rangers thing)

Why not trade Lee and a prospect to the Jays and let them play pluck a prospect?

Phillies get Roy, and since Lee is the best pitcher on the market you might get a better offer...

There are a few NL, and some AL teams that could still use Lee and could stand to give up some prospects.

Lee and DRABEK or HAPP AND 2 more prospects for Halladay
eek.gif
SMDH...

It's hard to say the Phils got robbed when they are getting arguably the best pitcher in baseball but DAMN...

everyone is hearing different things

from CSN and Zolecki, phillies beat writer:

Sources say only Phillies would receive Seattle prospects for Lee. None would be shipped to Toronto. Kyle Drabek is involved.

there are new rumors like every hour
laugh.gif

sick.gif
That's crazy... That much with Pujols coming due pretty soon, too? Wow.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

It looks like the Cards have offered Matt Holliday an 8 year, $128 million contract.

If Holliday wants to win he should take that deal as is. Sure you would be costing yourself 5-6 in real money, but you will compete for the WS again.

I know its Albert but at most at 1B you gone give him 6-7 million more

You have got to go do an extension the day after you sign Matt though.

They got decent money off the books next season.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

If Holliday wants to win he should take that deal as is. Sure you would be costing yourself 5-6 in real money, but you will compete for the WS again
I cannot imagine he's getting much more money than that from anybody else...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

If Holliday wants to win he should take that deal as is. Sure you would be costing yourself 5-6 in real money, but you will compete for the WS again
I cannot imagine he's getting much more money than that from anybody else...

Nah I was talking about money over the 8 years.

I think someone ... SF, Mets can offer 17 a season for Matt.

They are paying Lugo this season and hes off the books. Thats 9 Million right there. On the other hand Ludwick is prob gone get 8 in arbitration this year

Edit they arent paying Lugo.

Even if they sign Holliday they are at 80 for this season pending arbitration.

I would guess they are going to hit 100. For the next year or so.

Back
Top Bottom