The Major League Baseball Offseason Post

McGwire as the hitting coach?
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm not here to talk about the past.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Bring back Sammy Saito...

Para Que?

We'll we still have a ton of his bobbleheads in storage, we will be able to get rid of them if wears Dodger blue again,
laugh.gif

Welcome to the thread Angel fans,
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Welcome to the thread Angel fans,
smokin.gif
thanks
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif

We got decisions to make about Vlad, Chone, and Lackey

I probably criticized Vlad more than anyone, but I guess I would like him back. It was also the 2nd best day in my Angel fan life when we signed him in the1st place.

The Yanks need a SP maybe even 2

Damon, Matsui are getting old they could use some young bucks... crawford
pimp.gif

As a Cardinals fan I am truly embarrassed that we hired Mark McGwire as our hitting coach. What in the hell is management thinking?

Para Que?

We'll we still have a ton of his bobbleheads in storage, we will be able to get rid of them if wears Dodger blue again,
laugh.gif
Although he's a year older i've got more faith in him than the ox
smh.gif

Kikuchi decided to stay in Japan for the time being...

Rumors around town are that if the Rangers get their ownership situation ironed out, they're gonna go hard after John Lackey...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Anybody butthat scumbag +@% hole, please.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Kikuchi decided to stay in Japan for the time being...

Rumors around town are that if the Rangers get their ownership situation ironed out, they're gonna go hard after John Lackey...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Anybody but that scumbag +@% hole, please.
Why Roy Halladay still available?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

As a Cardinals fan I am truly embarrassed that we hired Mark McGwire as our hitting coach. What in the hell is management thinking?

He's a hitting coach for a good bunch of players I believe, Matt Holiday being one. I don't see what's wrong with it, it isn't like he is theonly coach who @@$@*@ around with 'roids.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Osh, you see them bunts last night?
nerd.gif

That's winning baseball right there.
laugh.gif
The only justification for bunting is if you believe your players can't hit and you only need one run, that's really the only reason.

But If I had to deal with Mike Socias none sense on a day to day basis I would shoot myself.

Why is this such a big deal, maybe Im missing something.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
The only justification for bunting is if you believe your players can't hit and you only need one run, that's really the only reason.

But If I had to deal with Mike Socias none sense on a day to day basis I would shoot myself.
You also bunt to put the pressure on the defense...........something that doesn't show up in stats.
wink.gif

And a......I think the pressure got to the Angels defense a little bit.
nerd.gif

Putting runners in scoring position where it allows for a variety of ways to score is the way to play.
happy.gif

I guess you would have to be a Cardinals fan to understand. Mark McGwire is a complete joke and not only disgraced the game of babseball, but ranlike a coward when confronted. In 1991 McGwire batted .201. That is 1 point above the Mendoza line. That was in his 5th season, after seasons of .231 and .235. Sine this team doesnot have many power hitters, and MLB now tests for steroids, what actually is McGwire going to teach these guys? I guess the Cards brass will do anything tokeep LaRussa, but I cannot really blame them.

I guess you would have to be a Cardinals fan to understand. Mark McGwire is a complete joke and not only disgraced the game of babseball, but ran like a coward when confronted. In 1991 McGwire batted .201. That is 1 point above the Mendoza line. That was in his 5th season, after seasons of .231 and .235. Sine this team does not have many power hitters, and MLB now tests for steroids, what actually is McGwire going to teach these guys? I guess the Cards brass will do anything to keep LaRussa, but I cannot really blame them.
Strike zone judgement, he did lead the league in walks a couple times.

most hitting coaches are terrible hitters anyways

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

You also bunt to put the pressure on the defense...........something that doesn't show up in stats.
wink.gif

And a......I think the pressure got to the Angels defense a little bit.
nerd.gif

Putting runners in scoring position where it allows for a variety of ways to score is the way to play.
happy.gif
This isn't basketball, everything shows up in the numbers
laugh.gif

So no, as long as you are certain the person hitting sucks and you only need one run then bunt away, but if the person is an even mildly competent hitter youare better off letting him hit.

I guess you would have to be a Cardinals fan to understand. Mark McGwire is a complete joke and not only disgraced the game of babseball, but ran like a coward when confronted. In 1991 McGwire batted .201. That is 1 point above the Mendoza line. That was in his 5th season, after seasons of .231 and .235. Sine this team does not have many power hitters, and MLB now tests for steroids, what actually is McGwire going to teach these guys? I guess the Cards brass will do anything to keep LaRussa, but I cannot really blame them.
Pujols should be the hitting coach. Dude is a hitting machine.

Para Que?

laugh.gif
Although he's a year older i've got more faith in him than the ox
smh.gif

He definitely had more huevos on the mound than Broxton.

If he's available, I would welcome him back.

You do realize that the "best" hitting coach, the one that just got an $800 K contract from the Cubs (Rudy Jamarillo), was a .258 liftetime hitterand never played above Double A ball.

It doesn't matter.

Second, McGwire has been working with many of today's hitters privately.

As for the disgraced baseball comment. It is something that happened, it was an era of baseball. Everyone turned a blind eye to it while baseball enjoyedit's renaissance.

9:14pm: David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution has also heard that the deal will be worth approximately $9MM per season, or around $27MM over three seasons.

6:39pm: Mark Bowman of MLB.com believes the new three-year deal "will likely be worth $24-27 million."

5:22pm: According to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal, veteran right-hander Tim Hudson is expected to sign a three-year extension with the Braves by the end of this week.

Bruce Miles of the Arlington Heights Daily Herald hopes the Cubs will steer clear of Gary Matthews Jr., who told reporters Tuesday that he wants out of Anaheim.
Manny Ramirez "is planning to exercise" his $20MM player option for 2010. This was expected but it'd still be interesting to see Manny jump back into free agency, maybe seek two years and $30MM.
Heyman echoes what we've read regarding Brandon Webb - the D'Backs will pick up his $8.5MM option for next year, as Webb is not interested in renegotiating. On a related note, MLB.com's Steve Gilbert looks at some options for the two open spots in Arizona's rotation.
Chris De Luca of the Chicago Sun-Times doesn't expect much to change with the Cubs under the Ricketts family. He says to expect a payroll around $143MM. That might leave GM Jim Hendry with around $8MM to work with.
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic believes Eric Byrnes' time with the Diamondbacks might be nearing an end. They may attempt to trade him before releasing him.
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer wouldn't be surprised to see the Reds release center fielder Willy Taveras, who is still owed $4MM.

Back
Top Bottom