The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

what are some changes you guys would like to see made to the sport under the new ownership?

things I have always wanted changed:

-permanent switch to the smaller WEC octagon

-update MMA gloves with sealed fingertips to prevent eye pokes(similar to the ones pictured below)

-remove no kicks/knees 3-point rule

-i always thought it was weird that heavyweights wear the same 110g/4 oz gloves that 125 lbs fighters wear. i know many may not agree, but i think this needs to be re-evaluated. 

Last edited:
jones ain't a soldier of god. If he was then maybe.
yoel got popped for something over the counter that had something which was not listed 

usada went and bought the same supplement independently and it came back hot 

yoel should've known better. everyone knows all that stuff is tainted

lucky for yoel, usada just gave him a slap on the wrist

Last edited:
I have a feeling nothing really is going to change with the new ownership, in terms of improvements. Have a feeling they are going to make it more (try to) mainstream and watered down. Hope I'm wrong

Dana is staying on board in his role... 

I've always wanted a smaller cage though

Those wec gloves don't make grappling more difficult? Makes me think your hand would be constricted as if you were wearing mittens.

I'd like to see one open weight class event a year. Got beef or want to fight someone from a different weight class, go for it.

Those wec gloves don't make grappling more difficult? Makes me think your hand would be constricted as if you were wearing mittens.
i wore those exact MMA gloves before in BJJ training, and the only hindrance I found was when I used an S-grip to finish a choke, which nobody uses in MMA because it's one of the weaker grips in general. 

Last edited:
was listening to rogan #822 featuring sonnen & the live stream just cut out & da vid stopped playin :\

hope that means they upload it in full later today
tho sonnen "broke" that jones news - hope they put it back up soon

was listening to rogan #822 featuring sonnen & the live stream just cut out & da vid stopped playin
ohwell.gif

hope that means they upload it in full later today
tho sonnen "broke" that jones news - hope they put it back up soon
it should be up soon.

rogan and goldberg balances each other out well

but you are right, goldberg would be nothing without rogan

dana would not let his twin brother joe rogan walk out on the company

Yo imagine if Silva beat Daniel and said, "Jon Jones get your things together. I'm waiting for you."
Schaub is annoying, he makes up things and exxagerates a lot. 

what are some changes you guys would like to see made to the sport under the new ownership?

things I have always wanted changed:

-permanent switch to the smaller WEC octagon

-update MMA gloves with sealed fingertips to prevent eye pokes(similar to the ones pictured below)

-remove no kicks/knees 3-point rule

-i always thought it was weird that heavyweights wear the same 110g/4 oz gloves that 125 lbs fighters wear. i know many may not agree, but i think this needs to be re-evaluated. 
these aren't gonna be the types of changes made bro....lol not much is going to change here

they tambout....

"estrogen blockers"

supposed to mask elevated levels of test....

reminds me during the first cormier fight when jones was flagged for having unusually low levels of test....:x

damn homie

Last edited:

these aren't gonna be the types of changes made bro....lol not much is going to change here
yeah i don't foresee any changes and if they are they'll be very minimal... plus most of what was suggested has to do with the commissions not ufc.

Say what you want about DC's wrestling, but Cowboy does not want those problems

"My reaction to Donald is shut up. Has he lost his mind?" Cormier said on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour. "I mean, what was this guy talking about? Donald Cerrone, who made you the person… on what ground does he stand on to be able to say something like that to someone like me?

"He can tell me stuff. If he had a problem with the way I performed, he could have told me in the back that day. ‘DC, it wasn’t a very good fight, man, I didn’t like it.’ But to do it publicly? Who are you? Are you the greatest fighter of all times? Are you the guy that went out there and got stopped in the first round by Anthony Pettis, that kick in the side and fell down? Are you the guy that got dominated by dos Anjos in the first round, where you just fell down?"

"I’ve been nothing but a gentleman to that guy, and he just likes to talk," he said. "Maybe he was drinking a little bit, I don’t know. But who is he to make that decision, and so rude about it? That’s a type of thing that’s upsetting.

"What are you doing? Who are you to say that you can say something like that? You beat a couple of guys and all of a sudden you walk around with that stupid cowboy hat… I’ll smack the side of your hat with that stupid hat. I’ll actually have Khabib do that for me. I’ll ask Khabib to smack his head."

"It’s very disappointing, especially under those circumstances, with everything that happened in Orlando and everything, he uses that word and those terms," Cormier said.

"Man, nobody is exempt from just being like… you have to have some class, man. Hey, Donald, this isn’t the wild wild west where you can walk around with your stupid cowboy boots and your hat and spitting tobacco and just talking crazy. You have to have respect and carry yourself with some class.

"You don’t disrespect me like that. At the end of the day, I’m a man. When I see him, we’ll have some words, and we’ll discuss it."

cerrone poppin big **** about jones and cormier... i wouldn't mind seeing both beat his ***
laugh.gif

I'd like to see one open weight class event a year. Got beef or want to fight someone from a different weight class, go for it.

They'd probably have to do it in Japan. Book it for Saitama Arena :pimp:

No athletic commission there. Anything goes.

Whatever females think they can beat men, let's see if they have the balls to actually challenge a man.

cerrone poppin big **** about jones and cormier... i wouldn't mind seeing both beat his *** :lol:

cerrone lost 1k betting on silva. :lol:
would not be surprised if he bet bigger and that's a reason he was upset. no wonder he has money problems.

as for rule changes, fight til someone submits or get knocked out. take the judges away from it.
have a tournament style event. guys fight multiple times in one night if a belt is vacant/open
more super fights. would love to see mighty mouse vs. ben rothwell

Last edited:
Funny thing is, Cowboy used to **** on Jones back in the day. When Jones and Rashad fought, Cowboy said he explicitly told Jones he was "Team Rashad" (mad corny)

Either way, he was kinda right about Cormier's performance. But regardless Cormier will still wipe his *** with Cowboy if he wants to

Also :smh: @ estrogen blockers for Jones. Not looking good for that guy

Funny thing is, Cowboy used to **** on Jones back in the day. When Jones and Rashad fought, Cowboy said he explicitly told Jones he was "Team Rashad" (mad corny)

Either way, he was kinda right about Cormier's performance. But regardless Cormier will still wipe his *** with Cowboy if he wants to

Also
mean.gif
@ estrogen blockers for Jones. Not looking good for that guy
sure did.. cerrone was the first to bring up jones snorting coke years before he got caught.

Back
Top Bottom