The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Yep. Said it after UFC 200. Aldo is the one fighter from 125-145 that I can see giving Cruz real problems.

You do it early against a guy like Cruz (especially with a history of knee trouble) so it pays off in those rounds.

Last edited:
Agreed 100%. I think Aldo is a terrible match up for Cruz. Perplexed me why nobody has come out the gate attacking his legs. Aldo is really good at setting up his kicks with punches, so he won't be telegraphing the kicks for an easy take down.

aldo has a little dutch flare to his striking. 

--whoops, forgot no gifs 
mean.gif

Last edited:
I still think those are some dirty *** kicks.. :rolleyes

Rogans defense was you can snap someone's arm or leg in a arm/knee bar. So why are those kicks any different?

But then the rebuttal to that is that you can tap before that happens in a submission.

Conor got Nate with a pretty nasty looking one when they fought. Thought Nate was going to be hurt but he was fine 
laugh.gif

Rogans defense was you can snap someone's arm or leg in a arm/knee bar. So why are those kicks any different?

But then the rebuttal to that is that you can tap before that happens in a submission.

Rogan makes a lot of good points and he forgets more about MMA than I will ever know. I just personally see those kicks as dirty. They are meant to injure your opponent rather than just hurting them and stopping them, if that makes any sense.

Rogan makes a lot of good points and he forgets more about MMA than I will ever know. I just personally see those kicks as dirty. They are meant to injure your opponent rather than just hurting them and stopping them, if that makes any sense.
I agree. it takes away from the sport and art aspect of it

Aldo literally threw one kick against Edgar in 5 rds...ppl acting like dude still throws kicks regularly...tell me the last fight where he threw multiple kicks in each round. He became to obsessed with boxing

Cruz doesn't stand in front of ppl so its not easy to land kicks on him. Dillashaw moves well which is why he landed some but it wasn't as big of a factor as ppl think. Just cuz Rogan went all crazy saying "tj hurt him with the kick" ppl think he did. Remember Tj and them are sponsored by Rogan's company and he's close with them. 

That being said i don't wanna see cruz at 145, too many fights there. Aldo/Conor 2, holloway next. Edgar still there for Conor if he beats Aldo. Id rather see Dj rematch at 135, Dj needs to move up and try to avenge that loss cuz he's cleared out the division

Aldo literally threw one kick against Edgar in 5 rds...ppl acting like dude still throws kicks regularly...tell me the last fight where he threw multiple kicks in each round. He became to obsessed with boxing

Cruz doesn't stand in front of ppl so its not easy to land kicks on him. Dillashaw moves well which is why he landed some but it wasn't as big of a factor as ppl think. Just cuz Rogan went all crazy saying "tj hurt him with the kick" ppl think he did. Remember Tj and them are sponsored by Rogan's company and he's close with them. 

That being said i don't wanna see cruz at 145, too many fights there. Aldo/Conor 2, holloway next. Edgar still there for Conor if he beats Aldo. Id rather see Dj rematch at 135, Dj needs to move up and try to avenge that loss cuz he's cleared out the division
The reason I think why Aldo hasn't been throwing his leg kicks is because he had to fight Frankie twice and Mendes where they have really good takedowns and he didn't want to be put on the matt.

He also didn't attempt a leg kick against Conor was because he got KO'ed in 13 seconds 
laugh.gif

Tj didn't hurt Cruz with leg kicks but he slowed him down certainly in the last two rounds

Tj was an idiot in that fight head hunting and loading up his shots

If he would have started with the leg kicks to start it would have been a much better strategy

cruz hurt his foot again in the fight with tj. The guy will always have some kind of injury.

Aldo's kicks are vicious. And the kind of speed he gets them off with is what makes him a dangerous opponent against Dom and his movement.

This is all hypothetical. Don't know if they'll fight. Don't know if he'll use them. But to me Aldo's skill set is the one that stands out that can give Dom trouble.

cruz talkin about he want to make fun fights....

none of his fights are fun.

I could def see him running away from aldo for 5 rounds.

But then again, I just want to see cruz get punched in the face so...I'd watch it lol

I actually enjoy watching Cruz fight. His footwork and slips are def appreciated.

But then again, I also enjoy watching MM fight.

Back
Top Bottom