The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I think he's too old to really transition correctly. He's not putting time in on the wrestling mat or for jui jitsu. Respect him for trying I suppose but it's gonna be a disaster

Now we’re comparing the skillset of James Toney to Floyd Mayweather. Okay.

We're comparing how MMA fighters approach boxers who enter their world. Few MMA fighters will stand up the entire time with a boxer and most will shoot and take them down and either submit or get a ground and pound TKO.

Ordinary boxer, sure, but this is one of the greatest boxers of all time. This isn’t some amareur we’re talking about here.

James Toney was not an ordinary boxer either.

This isn't like a small change from boxing, it's a dramatic change that adds exponentially more ways to be approached. Floyd's agility and speed may be unmatched in boxing but a clinch will not be his friend in the Octogon

You’re talking about fat *** always out of shape James Toney.

Nope I’m giving Mayweather and his skill respect more respect than that.

So you don't think that a MMA fighter wouldn't respect Floyd's hands and immediately take him down?

I believe that Floyd will clearly train to learn how to stop a take down. He’s not going to step into the octagon expecting a stand up boxing exchange. Floyd maintaining peak shape his entire career will help him with whatever training he decides to persue.

The guy skillful enough to figure out the offensive rhythm of every fighter he’s ever fought is all of a sudden not skillful enough to time a take down. Nonsense.

Yeah I guess I don't buy it. Takes years to learn how to defend a takedown effectively. Cheick Kongo comes to mind. Dude had a background in Greco and still couldn't stop a takedown if his life depended on it. Once he was down, even worse.

People who have trained MMA for YEARS get in there and get outclassed all the time, but Floyd is gonna train for a year or so and handle his own? Nah. If there's a fight that comes of this I might have a wager for you

Floyd doesn't stand a chance in the Octagon let's be real. IDC if he has or is training his ground game but dude will get smoked on the ground don't kid yourself.

Back
Top Bottom