The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

ufc needs to think outside the box
have khabib/tony fight and winner faces conor on the SAME night

the longer they try and figure out who should fight conor, the more i think he may just cash out on two more money fights and ride off. woodley/gsp and final fight diaz3. i dont see conor staying in the fight game much longer

conor coming back to make what, 10 mil max? that's probably around the minimum he could "get" for boxing

guys holding onto that title forever :lol:

Conor will fight who he chooses. Dana will throw tony in the garbage can if conor says he wants to fight khabib next

So Tony's belt is worthless right now if conor says so, unfortunately

Tony by a slim margin imo is the better matchup for conor i agree

I'm just sayin if conor chooses khabib Dana isn't saying no. Tony's belt is fake until Conor's belt is vacated or taken

I generally have always thought this to be true

However when I saw Johnsons hands give khabib some trouble I kinda saw some chinks in the armor. Edsons boxing wasn't up to snuff and his kicks just gave khabib more chance for the take down

Khabibs boxing is actually coming along quite well though. Impressive

What a dominant performance by khabib.

But i think if he put that kind of pressure to Conor, he would get slept. Its too much opening there.

Once khabib got a hold of him though. Yeesh. Word to the bear vs leo

conor would take khabib apart if he stood and exchanged. got to remember conor is a lot bigger/stronger and a better striker than anyone khabib has faced. those strikes that michael johnson landed and even the few shots that barboza had, if they came from conor, might put khabib to sleep

If y'all were Conor who would y'all fight?

Max Holloway
Tony Ferguson
Khabib
Nate Diaz
Tyron Woodley
GSP
Manny Pacquiao
Oscar De La Hoya
Paulie

I wouldn’t fight Khabib. That’s a terrible matchup.

If Khabib neutralized prime RDA, Johnson and Barbosa, he’d do the same to Connor.

All that he’d pick him apart nonsense is true to the extant it was standup. But that pressure, takedown and GNP are just too much.

And Khabib is a big lightweight.

This sounds kinda lit, I might design a poster

I remember hbo real sports doing a story on the crazy leader of I think it was chechya. guy is really into mma. Wouldn’t be surprised if him and putin would be there to watch.

I actually think he's gonna break his streak of never defending and fight Tony though.

GSP or Woodley would be the only MMA fight he could take that wouldn’t look like he's blatantly ducking Tony & Khabib, but GSP is out with stomach issues, and the Woodley fight I guess could happen but there’s not much chatter about that. Paulie and Oscar are joke fights and I don't think he's that far gone to be doing **** like that yet. Manny won't happen.

Ideally he just fights Tony and possibly sets up a huge fight with Khabib if he wins.

Since he beat Eddie I thought the Woodley fight made sense. It's another where it's a win/win.

He wins, he further cements his legacy. Being the first 3 division champ. Especially now that GSP just became another 2 division champ.

And if he loses, he lost to the "bigger guy" that he probably shouldn't have beat. So he loses no luster. As he didn't with Nate for a lot of people.

With that said, I hope he fights Tony. Tony has been dropped and staggered a few times recently and Conor seems to have dynamite in his hands. So it's a winnable fight for him IMO.

Khabib looking like a ******* nightmare for a guy like Conor right now.

Last edited:
With that said, I hope he fights Tony. Tony has been dropped and staggered a few times recently and Conor seems to have dynamite in his hands. So it's a winnable fight for him IMO.

Khabib looking like a ****ing nightmare for a guy like Conor right now.

With his 2017 activity, both seem like huge risks.

Tony makes more sense because we know he will stand and can be sloppy sometimes. However, his gas tank is better than Connor’s and he’s much better on the ground.

Khabib is literally the luck of the Irish to hope you hit him with a good shot. Yeah, Connor beat Mendes but that match could’ve went the other way if Chad had a full camp and didn’t stand up in the second.

Having said that...Chad versus Blessed One would be a great matchup. Beat Frankie and Chad then move up to 155.

I see Conor acknowledged khabibs win calling it dog ****. Said people will have to get on their knees and beg for him to come back

Lmao

He is going to make Dana pay a steep price. Wonder how fast conor is burning through his cash though

Based on what I saw from Khabib, I don’t see anyway Conor can defend that takedown & GNP from Khabib unless he caught him with an Aldo shot.

I was really impressed by Khabib’s performance. Hopefully he doesn’t have any more set backs in making weight.

Back
Top Bottom