The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat How do you arrive here? Colby isn't fighting for a MINUTE. He got mauled. Do you think the ufc is trying to wait till the summer to get the division sorted? It all points to him getting paid alot more money to keep the division moving along
I can't say I trust that Dana is paying Woodley handsomely nor that they care about moving the division along. If they really cared about that, they'd simply put Leon in the title fight after Usman said he'd welcome that fight

I would suspect a Woodley/Colby fight would be a higher profile/lucrative fight but it's just a guess

I saw that Colby had a 180 day suspension or get cleared by a surgeon. It wouldn't surprise me if Colby was ready to fight before the summer

With all that being said, I don't think Woodley wants to deal with that Colby matchup if it isn't for the title. I don't think that's an unfair assessment or statement all things considered

If I'm a fighter I'd much rather fight Colby than Leon...

A) I believe Leon is significantly better

B) more money

C) if you lose Colby has enough clout that it's not a big deal similar to what just happened to Colby. Put on a great performance and everyone will remember that and give your opponent props for being a KILLER

Also as we see with the black champs you gotta win ALOT of times in a row haha your not falling into contendership. I honestly dont know why either guy wants this fight

Luke Thomas has a video up about it now. I agree whole heartedly. Silly risk for Tyron especially

I was on my boxing **** last weekend and with the ridiculous time, just now watched Edgar/Zombie. I already knew what happened.

I would have been fine with Frankie retiring after the Max fight. Dude is 38. Gotta know when to say when.

As much as I respect him being a true fighter and never turning down a fight, this is the 2nd time he's taken a fight on short notice to "save" a card and gotten starched for it.

He clearly does much better with a full camp and a proper gameplay. And he shouldn't be taking short notice fights this late in his career.

Not sure why he sacrificed his move to BW to jump into this one. I would have rather he tested the new division than take a fight with no real upside. Unless the UFC cashed him out.

Would still be fine if he segues into coaching from here.

I’m probably the biggest Leon Edwards supporter in the thread 😂 But there’s no evidence that he’s “significantly better” than Colby

There’s also no evidence that Leon Edwards is a bigger money fight

Edwards is still an unknown, beating him wouldn’t improve your clout all that much. He’s a killer to the educated public, that’s it

Theres tons of evidence, actually. How we weight individual performances is one thing. But in terms of skill level its undeniable. Leon is a top 3 striker in the division and has been showing the last 2 years you cant just wrestle him out of his game. His grappling is very compentent.

And were arguing the same thing on point two. I said colby would be a way more lucrative fight at this juncture

Theres tons of evidence, actually. How we weight individual performances is one thing. But in terms of skill level its undeniable. Leon is a top 3 striker in the division and has been showing the last 2 years you cant just wrestle him out of his game. His grappling is very compentent.

And were arguing the same thing on point two. I said colby would be a way more lucrative fight at this juncture
Were in agreement on half the topic. I wouldn’t be surprised if Leon went on to become champ tbh but at this point it’s a prove it situation

I have Colby, usman, Leon, Jorge and even woodley still hovering around the same tier-ish

Obviously you have to elevate usman a bit, but the margins imo are still to be determined in matchups

Feel like Woodley is gonna KO Leon. At the end of the day Leon is a volume guy without a ton of power and it just takes one for Woodley. Would’ve much rather seen Woodley v Colby and Leon v Usman or Masvidal but it’ll be interesting regardless.

High risk but high reward for Leon I guess. If he knocks off Woodley he should basically get a title shot or get to wait for the winner of an Usman v Jorge with no fights in between.

Should mvp win tonight, and he should, I would like to see him match up with Larkin who is looking sharp

Larkin missed weight bad tho idk what’s going on with him

Damn I just saw the ESPN alert, Rampage got KOed in the first :smh:

As washed as Fedor is he still throw bombs. Guess Rampage’s chin ain’t what it was anymore

Rampage did next to nothing smh. He came in at the HW limit of 265 and it showed. Guy been washed.

Chandler looked good, hope they make the Benson rematch again or he gets one of the pitbull bros next.

For MVP I could see it being Larkin or maybe even Daly rematch next.

This is a good start

“@twooodley at least you have the rapping career to fall back on after March ,”Edwards wrote on Instagram.

“Shut your b***h *** up before I don’t sign to fight you bum ***,” Woodley threatened. “Nobody knows you, nobody cares, you a b**ch and ate a three-piece and that’s your biggest claim to fame! Quit clout chasing and trying to add to your 50k followers. You’re embarrassing! Stop trying to talk s**t you’re garbage at it just like your bum *** career. I’ve made more money in music than you’ve made in your entire career. Laugh at that you lil b**ch!”

Leon needs to respond with a You Mad Doggie!

I understand his grievances most of the time but T Wood sure makes it hard to support him

Back
Top Bottom