The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I think Adesanya is a fraud. He went life and death with Kelvin Gastellum and beat a weakened version of Whittaker for the belt. If Costa is not affected by the inactivity, he should win.
As much as I defended Izzy's performance against Yoel I can honestly say it proved absolutely no new positives than we already knew about him

It revealed some negatives imo. Even going in to the Yoel fight I already believed Costa would cause him problems after he himself fought Yoel. I don't think Izzy can rely on the well this Costa guy just gonna charge in like a Derek Brunson and walk into a shin or fist

Costa sure as hell aint gonna be timid like Yoel was. I def somewhat agree with your assessments of the Gastelum/Whittaker fights although I try not to poke holes in wins because it's a slippery slope. Absolutely though Costa has proven he's going to be a handful for anyone in the division. Plus he's got one of the if not most UNDERRATED coach in MMA

As much as I defended Izzy's performance against Yoel I can honestly say it proved absolutely no new positives than we already knew about him

It revealed some negatives imo. Even going in to the Yoel fight I already believed Costa would cause him problems after he himself fought Yoel. I don't think Izzy can rely on the well this Costa guy just gonna charge in like a Derek Brunson and walk into a shin or fist

Costa sure as hell aint gonna be timid like Yoel was. I def somewhat agree with your assessments of the Gastelum/Whittaker fights although I try not to poke holes in wins because it's a slippery slope. Absolutely though Costa has proven he's going to be a handful for anyone in the division. Plus he's got one of the if not most UNDERRATED coach in MMA
Kelvin Gastellum's wins at MW were all against guys ten years his senior. I don't know much about this Hermansson guy, but he will win if he is halfway decent.

If those are the real amounts they are making and if chael was serious he made 8 mil off anderson than they got screwed imo

Adesanya a fraud? :smh:

While Costa is definitely a legit contender, man's hasn't even been tested in a 5 rounder. Asides from Yoel his other notable wins are pre Fortis Uriah and a washed hendricks. Uriah was giving him problems just working the jab, had a chance to finish him if he had a gas tank. Unless he learned that new Andrade head movement and upped the cardio to keep his pace past the 2nd, Izzy will get him out there late.

This thread consistently has some of the worst takes I've ever seen in my life, :lol:

Adesanya a fraud? :smh:

While Costa is definitely a legit contender, man's hasn't even been tested in a 5 rounder. Asides from Yoel his other notable wins are pre Fortis Uriah and a washed hendricks. Uriah was giving him problems just working the jab, had a chance to finish him if he had a gas tank. Unless he learned that new Andrade head movement and upped the cardio to keep his pace past the 2nd, Izzy will get him out there late.
Yeah again poking holes in wins just starts a slippery slope, for either guy. I think a salient point you bring up is the 5 round factor. That's totally fair

Coach Eric seems very confident in that Izzy matchup so I gotta believe they'll implement some wrinkles. I actually believe Costa is smart enough to fight with a strategy and a plan despite his demeanor lol. That is just a gut feeling, not really any proof of it

Bro if benevitez loose again tomorrow he gotta go....

Watching him against daveison last fight was tuff man, he looked stiff and wild/frantic out there.

Daveison gave him NO RESPECT and walked through all his shots with his hands down just waiting to land that big shot.

For some reason it does give me satisfaction seeing him get busted up in front of his girl cageside tho :lol:

when he says he believes he’s still the best in the world, I cringe

Undefeated fraud :lol:
I definitely dont believe that Adesanya is a fraud but I can see the term "Undefeated fraud" in the UFC..

Shane_Carwin.JPG

I personally don't think Shane Carwin is a fraud.. Going 12-0 in the heavyweight division is very difficult..

Yeah again poking holes in wins just starts a slippery slope, for either guy. I think a salient point you bring up is the 5 round factor. That's totally fair

Coach Eric seems very confident in that Izzy matchup so I gotta believe they'll implement some wrinkles. I actually believe Costa is smart enough to fight with a strategy and a plan despite his demeanor lol. That is just a gut feeling, not really any proof of it
Fair enough, there are way too many variables playing in to a fight to kinda compare each others fights. But those step/power jabs worked against Costa and even the few times Yoel threw them Costa kept walking right in to them. Im confident to say Izzy's timing is better than Uriah and Yoel to give Costa them same problems.

That being said Izzy gotta walk a fine line early on cause he could easily get put to sleep by Costa lol.

I’m not sure you could call Izzy an “undefeated fraud” as a ufc champ but there are definitely can crushers from other organizations you could apply that label to so it’s not a totally invalid term.

Back
Top Bottom