The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

You think till and even whittaker are that superior of strikers they’d make Costa look like an amateur? That’s the thing that stood out more when I processed his assessment lol
:lol:
Honestly, not Till. I think he is what he is. And it wasnt really make him look amateur. More so technicality over raw power. But yeah I take Whitaker and Izzy over Costa.

The only problem I see with Hardy's take is the feint work on Costa. If he doesn't really care for taking one while pressuring opponents and doesn't bite on any fakes then that's one tool away from said fighters.

:lol:
Honestly, not Till. I think he is what he is. And it wasnt really make him look amateur. More so technicality over raw power. But yeah I take Whitaker and Izzy over Costa.

The only problem I see with Hardy's take is the feint work on Costa. If he doesn't really care for taking one while pressuring opponents and doesn't bite on any fakes then that's one tool away from said fighters.
I’ve seen Whittaker be just as reckless as anyone else at 170 and 185. I don’t honestly think his striking technique is extraordinary he definitely has those elite bursts of power tho. It’s cool if hardy favors whittaker over Costa I just disagreed with the supposed inferiority

now izzy, of course there is more of a 50/50 chace he makes Costa look silly. Not gonna dispute that but I feel hardy being extra dismissive of Costa in those matchups

Make silly was a stretch but he did say open mat was really a format where he's just chopping **** with his boys. But Hardys girl is a Brazilian UFC fighter. Costa prolly tried to smash.

I do want to see Whitaker vs Costa sometime tho. Would be a fun fight.

Is it the same girl he's been with for a while? I thought he was with someone else. Saw her ig and she looks good though.

When was the last time Hardy spoke about someone this way???? Based on what I've heard from him, he's usually impartial when breaking down fights .

Wow, jorge gave an In-depth interview about his support for trump. I don’t respect that he supports trump at all but I respect him explaining himself to this depth. **** trump and **** his supporters 24/7 tho

Yeah he went on south beach sessions with le batard. Still havent listened to it yet.

Am i crazy that i think this should be a fairly easy win for Rob?

I mentioned this last week so I don't want to sound like a broken record. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but I suspect Robert Whittaker is shot. It looks like he's been on a sharp decline since the first Romero fight. His punch resistance and power doesn't seem to be what it was. Midway through the first round, Adesanya didn't even take his punches seriously and was willing to trade. I know Whittaker's only 29, but people age differently and he's been in wars.

he's only had 1 fight since the romero fights. If he looks bad against till then people can say he's declining.

he's only had 1 fight since the romero fights. If he looks bad against till then people can say he's declining.
He's had two fights since the first time he faced Romero. I am also comparing the first Romero fight to the rematch, he looked way worse and arguably lost.

Last edited:
romero is a damn freak athlete and Whittaker still kept up with him in the 2nd fight even after he got messed up in the 1st fight. People so quick to claim someone is done. Let's see if he's actually done then we can say he's done.

Steep declines can happen quickly. Gotta rewatch the second whittaker romero war, but couple those viscous battles with all the injuries, the personal supposed tribulations with his wife and manager and that devastating loss to izzy...

If he looked Rory esque this weekend it would come as no surprise. Think it’s fair to question if he’s on the way down

he had that bad hernia and needed surgery plus that messed up knee. We'll see if he seems close to back to normal.

Whittaker was wise for pulling out of the Cannonier fight. Darren Till has a good chance at stopping Whittaker but Cannonier would've sent him to another dimension.

After processing the week and hearing whittaker speak, I am going with whittaker

On paper I honestly don’t think till is the elite of the elite. I think he’s def bonafide contender but I think whittaker should be a cut above

Whittaker coming back to an empty arena after that embarrassing loss is very beneficial for his mental. He can come in focused without distraction. He said himself that fighting at home takes a lot out of him with obligations

he likes fighting away from home this time around. He also took time away which was smart

I think Dan Hardy is the best in the business. There is no one that has better breakdowns than him, but I think he is wrong there. I think if you see some training footage of Costa he tends to be more technical. I think it’s just in his fights where he gets a little bit wild and, of course, he has an extreme physique that stands out. He can do some stuff that is almost inhuman,” Hermansson argued. “The force and power he comes with and he can maintain it. Usually people like that, we have seen them over the years, they get tired after 30 seconds of that. He can just pour it on you. It is just insane to see. I think that is a very, very tough thing to handle for everybody.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/7/...a-kelvin-gastelum-fight-island-mma-news-video

For Vince

I put a little $ on the Gus/werdum u1.5 rounds. With the way werdum looked his last fight....Gus is done if he doesn’t body him and I’ll gladly lose the $ lol

hope Whittaker wins, love his striking. Dudes fast and has that pop/sting

I'm also picking Whittaker tomorrow, think he still has the speed advantage to put Till away later in the fight.

Also the Gus/Werdum fight is a pickem to me. Both haven't looked particularly great as of late and with Gus moving up we'll see what that does for his striking power and if he can avoid subs from Werdum.

Agreed with Till being a class under. Till doesn't have that big signature win or even fight.

On another note, Bellator back :lol:

Interested in Picos fight and Pettis/bandejas

Back
Top Bottom