The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Will likely watch the Bellator card to see Picos fight and the main event.

I'm interested to see what they do with the international guys. Hope they resume the FW tourney soon as the Caldwell/McKee scrap is one I've been looking forward to.

I haven’t seen a pic. Was he Jon Volante big? Or Anthony Johnson big?

Should be an interesting matchup. Can’t wait for the card.

Still have to catchup to Kattar/IGE.

in the middle.... that i workout once or twice a week figure hah
C0670CBE-E0AE-410C-AC35-15967861212D.png
6A6841C7-B19D-4EAA-BBB0-E55D419DE7DF.png

He bout to box werdums face off.

obviously werdum gonna go for the takedown and sub, lets see how many shots he eats before it turns into a brazilian-grab-the-leg contest

People are saying that Whittaker and Till look the same size but are only focusing on the upper body. Till's legs are bigger and will come in handy tomorrow. It looks like I am the only one picking Till.

A Whitaker at 80% would beat Till. Only question is if he's mentally all in. All interviews leading up to this fight, I would say so. Looks like he's enjoying being out there and even doing the media rounds.

It'll be an enjoyable watch but still think Whitaker wins UD. Probably take a little Wonderboy approach, stay patient and keep him at range.

Good to see Pico dominate and win without his boxing. Bellator was incredibly idiotic to rush him into higher competition so quickly. How were they so smart with matchmaking for Dillon Danis and AJ McKee yet couldn't do the same for Pico? Smh

These dudes should be built up properly. No reason whatsoever to rush these prospects, Pico's career could have been derailed for no reason and who knows it still could be. Thankfully Jackson's seems to be doing him good

Good match. Between Neal, Magny and Luque I don't think any of them have separated themselves from each other. Magny is def the vet of the trio but he kind of is going into that gatekeeper role, with a win maybe he can go on one more "run"

All borderline top 10 so it's good that 2 of the 3 are going to fight

MMAFighting pod yesterday brought up a good point about Till regarding self awareness

Till seems like he's brutally honest and realistic with himself and in his losses he holds nothing back on himself. In MMA especially, to be the absolute best it could be counter intuitive to be so self aware. Ideally it may be better to lean more towards the irrational confidence. Obviously not to the point where you don't improve and work on techniques but I thought that was a spot on critique on Till

MMAFighting pod yesterday brought up a good point about Till regarding self awareness

Till seems like he's brutally honest and realistic with himself and in his losses he holds nothing back on himself. In MMA especially, to be the absolute best it could be counter intuitive to be so self aware. Ideally it may be better to lean more towards the irrational confidence. Obviously not to the point where you don't improve and work on techniques but I thought that was a spot on critique on Till
Which pod?

Their Fight Night Preview show?

Do you have them queued in podcast app or use an aggregator like minimalist mma?

My favorite shows are Severe MMA, Bloody Elbow Level Change (mainly because they don’t care and will say anything), A Side. I liked Ariel’s MMA Hour, the MMA Beat.

So pumped up for this card...so many good fights. I can’t pick btw Till and Whitaker. I think the main event will deliver...

Last edited:
Which pod?

Their Fight Night Preview show?

Do you have them queued in podcast app or use an aggregator like minimalist mma?

My favorite shows are Severe MMA, Bloody Elbow Level Change (mainly because they don’t care and will say anything), A Side. I liked Ariel’s MMA Hour, the MMA Beat.
Actually it was the MMA Roadshow! With Oscar Willis

My absolute favorites in this order:

1. Morning Kombat- Luke and BC have phenomenal chemistry and they know their stuff. I dig their humor as well
2. MMA Roadshow- John Morgan also knows his stuff inside and out and between he, Cold Coffee and Oscar Willis, all have great personas. I really enjoy Oscar Willis actually
3. Jose Youngs on MMAFighting. I typically like his shows in any format

I used to listen to MMAJunkie Radio with George and Goze but stopped when COVID hit. They are a solid duo

The Man in the Hat and Shaun Al Shatti had a great thing going with their pod before Chuck got the boot

Ariel's shows have become so dull man. He and DC are decent but most of the time they be putting me to sleep

Yeah I remember his interview after Gastellum, he was saying how he started to have a panic attack right before his walk out. Trying to find a way out like fake an injury or telling his coach he can't go out there.

Do love seeing fighters be honest like that though. Also think therapy would help so many of them out. Adesanya has been vocal about how it's helped him so much to get his mind in the right place after the Whitaker fight.

Where is Wonderboy? Haven't heard any news on him at all

He should fight Chisea or Edwards

Chisea low-key deserves a big fight

Edwards might be forced to take another fight

Also I forget which pod brought this up, but Dana could use the winner of tonight as leverage against Paulo

Apparently Paulo wants a big pay day. So they were saying Whittaker or Till could sneak in there if they accept less money. God I hope that doesn't happen

Back
Top Bottom