The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Like usual, people let their biases rewrite what actually happened. It seemed like a pretty even fight until maga boy's jaw got fractured. Even then people act like usman hit him with some street fighter power combos that left his jaw hanging off his face.
Usman didnt control the center of the octagon and strike the entire 25 minutes? For the one and ONLY time in his UFC career?

DC brought up some good points about Jon yesterday on his show. Jon threatened his life. He tried to emasculate Daniel and said he wouldn’t do anything if he came into his house and smacked his wife on the butt. He also pointed out the type of team mate Jon is (not congratulating Holms or Carlos).

Usman/Covington was a close fight going into the fifth. I do agree that was the most exciting Usman looked. Both of them showed their tenacity, cardio and striking.

Jon Jones is a piece of **** who has said vile things but he always signed on the dotted line

Izzy keeps sucking him dry with no intention of fighting him

Like usual, people let their biases rewrite what actually happened. It seemed like a pretty even fight until maga boy's jaw got fractured. Even then people act like usman hit him with some street fighter power combos that left his jaw hanging off his face.

Just one man's opinion, but when you get your jaw fractured, stopped in the 5th round, and then tuck your tail and run out of the cage looking like a hurt dog, the narrative will be that you got your *** whooped. It was definitely a close fight but at the end of the day he got stopped. Similar to Izzy and Gastelum, Gastelum fought a hell of a fight but by the end of the 5th round he was barely hanging on. There was no doubt who the better man was that night. I think that's the general consensus on the Usman/Colby fight as well, with maybe a couple extras thrown in here and there because Colby is such a POS.

As far as Izzy and Jon goes, this is about as hype for a Jones fight as I've been in a long time. Last time might've been the Rumble vs Jones match that never happened.

I feel like Izzy has a real chance, especially considering how lackluster Jones has looked recently. Two straight fights that he arguably lost.

That said, Jones clearly gets up for his big fights and has shown a tendency to overlook lesser opponents, so I don't doubt he's gonna be at his best if they fight.

Now that Khabib vs Tony is ruined, that's definitely the best fight out there. That or Jones vs Stipe, but Jones vs Izzy has way more heat. I hope they make it asap.

good thing perry's fighting the corpse of robbie lawler so all of these corner shenanigans probably won't make a difference.

this entire situation is hilarious, but tills twitter timeline has me laughing my *** off today

Till is gold on social media... He doesn't care if people come at him either... I respect that

Now he’s going in on Schaub again which is always a huge plus in my book... “I gotta disagree Joe....yeah you’re right, Joe”

Last edited:
Jon’s last tweets toward Izzy. Wow.

Can’t really come back when you got Ls. Despite the outcome of the Santos and Reyes fights, Jon has never lost officially.

if the worse thing someone can call you out on is being knocked out compared to jon's list of cocaine abuse, dwi, failed drug tests, hit-n-run, etc...

since opponent changed tony fighting chandler, dustin v conor?

sounds like dana gonna give tony a title shot after because i doubt conor runs through dustin

this is the fight game. jon jones not running for president.

in the context of them arguing about who is the better fighter ...

getting knocked out <<< getting locked up
in my opinion, getting busted for putting drugs * into your system erases everything you've accomplished

Looks like tony trying to get into these types of fights. God bless him

“I like to fight, if I don’t, I gotta bump up to 170,” Ferguson told ESPN (via MMA Mania). “I hear Nick Diaz is looking for competition.”

Back
Top Bottom