The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Looks like tony trying to get into these types of fights. God bless him

“I like to fight, if I don’t, I gotta bump up to 170,” Ferguson told ESPN (via MMA Mania). “I hear Nick Diaz is looking for competition.”
I really hope Tony gets a fight by end of the year, first choice would definitely be Dustin but if not I'll settle for Chandler, Oliveira or maybe Nick if he actually wants a fight. So sick of Dana saying "this guy just doesn't want to fight". Majority of guys do but understandably want a decent payday.

Tony jumping right back in to fight a guy like Dustin after that beating Gaethje put on him is a bold move.

Could be two tough Ls in a row

never thought this guy would rematch someone he beat so easily

hopefully it happens
Granted Dustin has gotten so much better since his last fight but I do also wonder if this is Connor taking those easier fights now before he fights guys like Gaethje and Khabib again.

I gave my criticism on Conor never defending or picking Cowboy over Justin. But ain't nothing easy bout going through a 5 round war with Dustin. Dustin just better not start slow like he did against Dan.

That being said, still don't believe it. Hard to see UFC put 2 title fights behind a Conor main and give 4 people them ppv points.

dustin been through some wars since the first fight
don't think that chin is going to last vs conor

The first time they fought that was entering the peak of conors troll game. Idk if he still has that in him after all that’s gone down. Plus that was like 5 or 6 years ago

Conor vs Dustin at 155 would be a much different fight than the first match. Not saying Dustin necessarily dominates but along with being at his natural weight class I also think he wouldn't be affected by the mental games Conor played with him last time. He has grown a good amount since then.

Also there will be the Spence/Garcia boxing match at Dallas Cowboys stadium on Dec 5th with an estimated 20-25k fans according to rumors online. I could see Dana and co trying to work something out if the Conor fight comes to fruition.

Conor vs Dustin at 155 would be a much different fight than the first match. Not saying Dustin necessarily dominates but along with being at his natural weight class I also think he wouldn't be affected by the mental games Conor played with him last time. He has grown a good amount since then.

Also there will be the Spence/Garcia boxing match at Dallas Cowboys stadium on Dec 5th with an estimated 20-25k fans according to rumors online. I could see Dana and co trying to work something out if the Conor fight comes to fruition.
**** the tank fight is gonna have fans on Halloween

Good point on the live fans

I do wonder if this fight plays out similar to the first one, only because Dustin still primarily does his best work with his hands, and Conor still has that reach and timing. Nobody besides Nate has given Conor any problems on the feet in the UFC. Conor also thrashed Eddie Alvarez easily, who we know TKO'd Gaethje in a war and also had a real back and forth with Dustin in the NC and TKO loss.

But that said, outside of that Michael Johnson fight, Dustin has looked top level at 155.

I think Conor could still touch him, but also Dustin's improvements combined with Conor devolving and losing his drive could play a role. I think that match could tell us alot about where both of them are right now.

Dustin came into that Conor fight boiling hot. I'm not saying he won't still be an easy target but he fought like an idiot

Conor obviously choosing smart....

at this point in dustin’s career his chin isnt the same, but with that being said he has done very well in protecting himself and fighting smart when he gets hurt. He’s been through it all in there, no scenario he hasn't seen.

I just watched the first fight a couple weeks back, and it was a good fight for as long as it lasted....they were trading and to me dustin was starting to get the best of conor on the feet before he got clipped with that shot.

Great fight, love them both will be rooting for the diamond to get the upset tho

Back
Top Bottom