The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I been telling people that Stipe chin suspect. Since the first fight stipe been knocked out and went through two wars with DC. Meanwhile Francis been on a tear and didn’t break a sweat.

Y’all not giving Jon enough credit. Dude is same height and has longer reach. Obviously he’s not as strong and quick but Jon has been prepping for HW in the shadows for at least two years

not saying Jon wins by any means but y’all letting recency bias cloud your judgement
jon looking like **** his last few fights is exactly why he's predicted to struggle at hw.

And new :smokin

Tried to tell y'all.. that cage size worked in Ngannus favor. When Stipe tried to circle out Ngannu would cut him off in 2 steps. Was a lot easier to trap him behind the lines and press him.

But big cage or not, Ngannu would've still won. He looked so damn good picking shots, sprawling and taking Stipes back clean. I can see this Francis title reign go for a long time.

I been telling people that Stipe chin suspect. Since the first fight stipe been knocked out and went through two wars with DC. Meanwhile Francis been on a tear and didn’t break a sweat.

I don't like the guy but IDK about his chin being suspect he ate some absolute bombs in the first round that would have put lesser men out cold. Only so many of Francis' punches one man can take.

I think they should standardize the small cage.

Makes for a better product

Forces fighters to engage.

I think they should standardize the small cage.

Makes for a better product

Forces fighters to engage.
Would rather have the small cage for the lighter divisions like 125-155. Them 5'5 dudes don't need all that space. Doesn't make sense for the bigger taller guys though.

The more that Ngannou grows as a grappler the MORE DANGEROUS he becomes! Take down defense, patience and ability to finish were ALL ON POINT tonight for him. I don’t think ANYONE stands a chance when he’s on his game. Lewis would be a decent match but if Ngannou test his gas tank, I think Lewis loses. JBJ better steer clear of Ngannou!

Dude is 38. He’s been in war after war after war. And he will most likely be on medical suspension for 6 months.

francis is fresh, took no damage. He’ll be ready to go in a few months. They not waiting that long for stipe. Probably feed Lewis to him and end his career too
Fighting Lewis won’t be easy.

Last edited:
I don't like the guy but IDK about his chin being suspect he ate some absolute bombs in the first round that would have put lesser men out cold. Only so many of Francis' punches one man can take.
Agreed. You don't eat a bunch of shots from the hardest hitter ever in mma if you have a suspect chin. Chin is still good, maybe deteriorated a little but you can only absorb so many hits from Ngannou before you get put to sleep.

Sometimes I wonder how much people understand what they're actually seeing

A heavyweight charged hands down at another heavyweight and got knocked out

Stipe came back from everything before that just fine, props to Francis for getting it done

Reminds me of the Rafael assuncao situation, people saying codys back because some guy charged at him with his hands down, yeah okay

Dana putting his foot in his mouth as usual...

He’s been on media outlets everyday for the last few weeks saying “Winner fights Jones” now he says Lewis gets the shot soon as Jones tweets about getting paid.

Know NT isn’t the biggest fans of Jones but man ain’t wrong...

63D07BBF-21D6-4A94-B5BB-0C24292BF17D.jpeg

Dana is a piece of ****. These guys are literally putting their lives at risk and this MF doesn't want to pay them.

Damn right you better pay Jones ...

I don't know how big the fight would be as Jone never topped a milli PPV and Connor has eclipsed 2 million but still .... lots of true MMA fans would show. Plus the way it looks this could potentially be Jones last big payday unless he can beat Francis and entice Lesner back.

Back
Top Bottom