The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Jones risking getting his head cut off, so he’s gonna wanna get paid. Dana doesn’t pay. So it’s gonna be a big back and forth banter between the two for the next few months over $$

Do ya think Jon is wrong?

Gaethje came out this last week and says he’s at odds with Dana.

Stipe feeling disrespected. Jan going up to him and saying the same thing a few weeks ago.

Henry is still “retired.”

Y’all not giving Jon enough credit. Dude is same height and has longer reach. Obviously he’s not as strong and quick but Jon has been prepping for HW in the shadows for at least two years

not saying Jon wins by any means but y’all letting recency bias cloud your judgement
Jon arguably lost twice at LHW

I feel like he would lose to multiple HW's but I also want to see him get paid, he deserves it

Stipe feeling disrespected. Jan going up to him and saying the same thing a few weeks ago.

Dana is wrong. As Ruthless as ever.

yes Dana is cheap yes he should pay more but Jon last couple of years ain’t been entertaining. Win over Reyes which majority of peoplebelieve he lost . Split decision over santos who was injured half the fight barely won. And a win over Anthony smith who has like 15 loses ? All decisions let’s get it straight lwh ain’t even all that . 3 of his last 4 opponents are washed as hell . He’s become a decision machine in the worst division in the ufc and I believe he lost his last fight . Should he be asking for a lot of money of course but the ufc could go on without him. He’s a decision machine in the worst division over washed fighters

how much should Jon get paid in my
Opinion ? The same
Amount as stipe

hard to argue a single bit of that... sad but this the way all the goats go out... Jon being on top over 10 years with the killers hes beaten is wild.

hard to argue a single bit of that... sad but this the way all the goats go out... Jon being on top over 10 years with the killers hes beaten is wild.

Post USADa he’s only fought dc everyone else are washed scrubs he lost to Reyes and then decision wins next 5 years . That talking about moving. To hw
Been going on for years now now there’s a pay delay . It’s corny watching ufc fighters just go on Twitter and complain . If Dana offers the same amount as stipe got paid for this fight there’s no complaining

didn't realize francis was older than jon
maybe bones plays the long game and holds out until they both age :lol:

i don't see him winning negotiations with dana

lol he cant control the timing or quality of his opponents... thats litterally why he walked from the division.

Also, spekaing on his monetary concerns is corny. Whatever the number is it is, being mad a guy wont fight for what you think he should is silly.

How is it ever the move for a promoter to take a mega fight that basically sells itself and throw water on it by saying one guy is scared and trying to price himself out? Especially when you know how low the fighter share is compared to the total revenue. What are we doing here?

I don’t give a damn about Ngannu v Lewis 2, everyone wants to see Jones. Pay the man and stop playing games.

Dana does this... hell only capitulate if it all blows up in his face, but yea Jones negotiations are definately gunna go the Masvidal route. Wont happen until theyre out of sensible alternatives

lol he cant control the timing or quality of his opponents... thats litterally why he walked from the division.

Also, spekaing on his monetary concerns is corny. Whatever the number is it is, being mad a guy wont fight for what you think he should is silly.

No one is forcing him to fight lol he’s on Twitter typing that’s corny . He has a manager instead he’s on Twitter . If he can’t get a deal done oh well he keeps bringing up pay me . Like Dana said let ur manager call me and we can set it up if he wants to fight. Dana has his price Jon has his price if they can’t come to terms oh well

Agreed. Angle to make them pay you.

I won’t lie. Dana was cold blooded. He had the room laughing.

I won’t lie. Jon lost his last two fights in my eyes. He should get paid. Francis might deliver his first L.

I do feel like Jon is sincere when he's Tweeting about how he isn't going to turn down the Francis challenge. He deserves to get paid, Dana is trippin saying he should move to 185. I don't think Jon put on all that weight for no reason

Where is this energy when signing the fight contract? I get that everybody is in need of a pay bump, but why bother signing a contract if you have no intention of fulfilling your side of the deal? I’m sure the PPV points will make a ton of money outside of the guaranteed pay.

Jones has definitely always pulled this ****, but he looks extra goofy right now because the potential fight is dangerous and he talked himself up a ton.

The UFC has spent a to of money on Jones through his legal battles due to his old ways. They even moved an entire event...

UFC should really just keep it moving and let Francis continue melting legit heavyweights.

Where is this energy when signing the fight contract? I get that everybody is in need of a pay bump, but why bother signing a contract if you have no intention of fulfilling your side of the deal? I’m sure the PPV points will make a ton of money outside of the guaranteed pay.

Jones has definitely always pulled this ****, but he looks extra goofy right now because the potential fight is dangerous and he talked himself up a ton.

The UFC has spent a to of money on Jones through his legal battles due to his old ways. They even moved an entire event...

UFC should really just keep it moving and let Francis continue melting legit heavyweights.
I'll never be on the side of the promotion, seems scummy. Plus there's no compelling matchups for Francis at Heavyweight

Just let Jon finally make his move there, he took the action of actually vacating his belt, I'm pretty sure that means he's serious. He's the greatest of all time, Dana telling him to move to 185 is 110% disrespectful lol. Y'all really taking Dana's side on this? Damn

I will never understand when fans take the side of the promotion in terms of fighter pay. Yeah they sign contracts but are contracts never renegotiated?

You call this man the GOAT of your promotion yet you don't think he deserves "Wilder" money , even though his 2nd DC fight sold as many ppvs aw Wilder. Ngannou/Jones would be an automatic 1mil+/ppv.

Could also be looked at as a huge investment on Francis. If Francis were to have a 2021 year of beating Stipe, Jones, and ending with Lewis or whoever. That is easily the greatest year ever for a fighter. Would shoot him to global superstardom easily.

Ya dudes looking goofy supporting Dana and the UFC.

Some of these fighters have to work other jobs and some don't even have a crew during fights because theg are left with ****.

And about these contracts, **** that .... is either sign or go elsewhere .... Connor said F pay me and they did ....

Never seen Jones run from an opponent, has fought everyone .... he is willing to fight Francis, arguably the scariest power puncher in the UFC ever ... just like stylebender without a warm up ... hell yeah pay him ....

Also what's wrong with Jones putting out tweets? He is can promote a fight and have everyone hyped?

Ya dudes really goofy goofy ....

Back
Top Bottom