The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

O'malley looked good, still has loads of potential. When he's in a flow it's hard to get a beat on him. Had Almeida scared to throw and looking different ways. There are some things he needs to clean up before he can face those top 10 guys. Guys like Munhoz, Rivera and Aldo would wreck that mans leg

A Sandhagen/O'malley fight would be fun as hell to watch if he can reach the elites of the division

I think Jones should have a warm up at heavy weight.

Maybe against Stipe

I’d argue LHW to HW is probably the hardest jump to make up.
Nah man, you need to make that fight ASAP. You already had a Bones/Izzy "super fight" fall out by Jan. No need to risk losing the biggest fight ever, even if he could beat Stipe 8/10 times.

Stipe is our for months jones has not fought in a year and change two year layoff is a while . He should def get a title shot of the bat for sure hopefully their ready by July August

It's on the promotion... Fighter pays been a problem way before they were even on ESPN. Lawsuit showed they only gave fighters I think 16% of revenue share in 2019 and I think 18% last year.

In comparison NBA,NFL,MLB float around 47-50% for players. NHL about 37%. And Bellator is about 45-50%.

That antitrust lawsuit definitely needs to get traction. They definitely should push for at least 35%.

And at least in the sports you cited, their minimum ranges from $400K-$800K.

Miesha coming back to get her mommy brains scrambled because she probably didn’t make enough during her career to comfortably retire.

Fighting Lewis won’t be easy.

I don’t think it’ll be easy, but I think it’s an easier fight for Ngannou in his current form than it was for him in their 1st fight. That first fight was boring and all about staying away from getting hit with a BOMB for both of them. Lewis was throwing kicks and there was NEVER a threat from Ngannou doing anything but standing there and trying to land a haymaker. THIS version of Ngannou though, is WAY more of a threat. If he works on a solid ground and pound game, Lewis is finished. I could see him taking Lewis to the ground and tuning him up like he did with Stipe in that 1st round. That exchange hurt Stipe a bit. Lewis just isn’t well rounded enough, in my opinion. If he gets taken down, I don’t think he’ll be able to recover from the mauling that Ngannou could put on him.

Side note, it sucked yo see Woodley go down like that. I’m hoping that he’ll be able to recover and get back on track.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...e-times-what-i-got-paid-on-his-training-camp/

Dan Hardy discusses fighter pay. Keep in mind it’s him recounting from 2010.

Jim Miller recently shared what he got paid for showing up on his last contracted fight that was cancelled. He normally gets about $100K for show/win. He got thousands. He and his corner flew out, stayed at hotels. He had to pay for his camp/coaches. Then, it’s not like these dudes get medical.

I can see former wrestlers, female athletes, folks from impoverished situations get into this sport. But it’s really not a winning proposition long term unless you’re a Conor, Jon Jones (who is complaining about pay), Ronda, GSP, etc.

Lol we gunna yell at the clouds for another decade... the fact of the matter is the fighters have VERY little value to be frank. Fight fans dont care if we ever see the number 5 through 15 fight again... just as long as some young buck is just as exciting. Thats the conundrum in football too... when ppl really did pay to watch replacement players play NFL football it was over forever for them. Those dudes that walked across the pickett line alrdy knew what it was... and it really did them no favors losing to the replacements hah

I don't like dominique foxworth, but him asking dana about fighter pay and union stuff on espn was entertaining. The espn clowns usually avoid that topic or dana silences people. dominique was I think the president of the nfl players association so he knows all about that stuff and dana couldn't BS him.

I don't like dominique foxworth, but him asking dana about fighter pay and union stuff on espn was entertaining. The espn clowns usually avoid that topic or dana silences people. dominique was I think the president of the nfl players association so he knows all about that stuff and dana couldn't BS him.
He has an MBA from Harvard

Naw yall ....
JONES JUST SCARE ....

Why he worry about money? Just fight ***** ....

SMH

Lile dude really has ran from anyone in the UFC.

Bunch od clowns.

Screenshot_20210329-132358_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20210329-134004_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20210329-134017_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20210329-134212_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20210329-134149_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20210329-134200_Twitter.jpg

Man is fed up :lol::smh:, I don't blame him one bit...

*screenshotted before they get deleted

Last edited:
Dana king aka don white is gonna try and milk francis tyson aka mike ngannu for everything he’s worth :rofl:

francis PPV’s looking like a potential MONEY PRINTING MACHINE

FRANCIS is primed to be the next cash cow for the UFC, he has the charisma, personality and aura for him to get that “McGregor” push + an entire country behind him.

that Africa card is coming!

I think dana rethinking putting jones in front of francis and potentially killing off the cash cow before it matures.

I think jon figures out how to drag francis into deep water and beat him up in the 4th and 5th...

he did shoot him self in the foot saying jon was next, almost seems like Dana thought Stipe was going to win.

gotta pay jon, and they will. Jon is a PILLAR of the UFC’s brand identity....they ain’t gonna let him walk, they need him more than he does them at this point. (could you imagine the UFC’s GOAT leaving to go to BELLATOR??? Would push their stock through the ROOF!)

He will have to go over dana to get paid and he will.

I think it happens before the year is over

we shall see.

I think Stipe would have had a better shot if they fought in the big cage and ran from Francis until the championship rounds.

Back
Top Bottom