The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

It would be a massive let down if we get Lewis fight next after Jon has been on the sideline this whole time getting ready

Man has pissed hot like 5x, been thrown in jail twice and thinks he has leverage in negotiations.

It's honestly quite amusing.

Fighters definitely deserve more money but Jon isn't really deserving of anything @ this point, he's lucky the UFC didn't drop his *** a while ago.

Showtime finally giving Bellator some proper promos. I don't think Ive ever came across any previews the whole time they were on DAZN :lol:

Hope they bring their own type of Countdown show so people can know their legit fighters and actually give a damn.

Man has pissed hot like 5x, been thrown in jail twice and thinks he has leverage in negotiations.

Fighters definitely deserve more money but Jon isn't really deserving of anything @ this point, he's lucky the UFC didn't drop his *** a while ago.

Don't forget they moved a whole card for jon on a weeks notice

But pay him for this fight

All of that happened and million plus people are still going to tune in to watch this fight

It's as if you guys have never been in a negotiation before from a position of power

It's as if you guys have never been in a negotiation before from a position of power

If he had power, he wouldn't have been sitting on the sidelines for the past year crying about his pay.

None of these fighters have power anymore due to the ESPN deal.

JBJ is not deserving, but yet everyone is calling for the fight?

Sit down bro ...

By your logic, if he is going to fight, he should do it for free because of his past .... FOH

Acting like steroids weren't heavily used by UFC fighters ....

Canelo popped and is the highest paid and grossing boxer.

I got flamed before for calling Jones’ shenanigan, but I stand by what I said.

Not saying Dana and the brass are massive ****bags. They are terrible and that’s flat across the board.

Do fighters deserve more money? Absolutely. Is Jon also already one of the highest paid? Yeah; and he messed up his own bread with all his BS.

He wants to be cut? Cut his ***. LOL at him thinking he can earn more in Bellator, Rizin, PFL, etc.

Jones has looked real bad recently and he‘s only going to look worse as time continues.

I got flamed before for calling Jones’ shenanigan, but I stand by what I said.

Not saying Dana and the brass are massive ****bags. They are terrible and that’s flat across the board.

Do fighters deserve more money? Absolutely. Is Jon also already one of the highest paid? Yeah; and he messed up his own bread with all his BS.

He wants to be cut? Cut his ***. LOL at him thinking he can earn more in Bellator, Rizin, PFL, etc.

Jones has looked real bad recently and he‘s only going to look worse as time continues.
What's the alternative? Pay him **** and UFC keep all the money?

I don't get it ..

Like Floyd ... people will pay to see him fight and twice as much to see him get hia brains bashed, either way, they are paying to see him.

Once you make the Lewis fight what is the UFC going to do?? 3logy with Stipe?

Take ya feelings off the table man .... I don't blame him for asking for more money.

Jones is definitely scared of getting embarrassed right now. Maybe not scared to fight Ngannou, but scared of looking like a clown. He just watch Adesanya so what he talked about for years even though Adesanya came up short. You see Adesanya crying about pay me when given an immediate title shot at a new weight class? Nope.

A great point was brought up on Twitter.

Where was Jones when fighters wanted to unionize or bringing up the Ali act? He only brings this up when it’s convenient.

Again, just cut him and let him live his life playing CoD cosplay and talking about the good old days. GOAT Jones ain’t been seen in a fight for a long time. The game is passing him by.

Lolwut? He's still a draw so he definitely has leverage. People will still tune in to see him fight. UFC can't afford to drop their biggest draw.

You see Adesanya crying about pay me when given an immediate title shot at a new weight class? Nope.

A great point was brought up on Twitter.

Where was Jones when fighters wanted to unionize or bringing up the Ali act? He only brings this up when it’s convenient.

Bruh... That was never a union or even an attempt with GSP,TJ,Cain, and Cowboy. If you have people like Tim Kennedy and Bjorn Remby helping to lead, then it was over before it even started.

No active fighter in the UFC would ever join the Antitrust lawsuit just off of fear from the promotion screwing them over.

Izzy hasn't gone 10 years headlining ppvs yet. He's also said in the lead up to either the Whittaker or Yoel fight that he wants to get compensated for what he's been doing. And as of right now Izzy is making Jon Jones money in less than 3 years of fighting for the promotion. :lol:

How can y'all say he doesn't deserve ****. Pissing hot or not he's still looked at by the masses as the overall GOAT. He reached that status then goes to HW to really cement his legacy and wants to finally get paid his worth for it.

Do I like the man? Hell no. Do I think he should get paid in comparison to what he's accomplished and done? Yes.

Don't remember seeing all this energy when Dana kept saying Conor didn't want to fight, then Conor leaked the messages, tried to get a fight with Dustin. Same Conor on rape/sexual assault allegations, throwing a dolly at a bus with fighters getting hurt, etc. It's cool he got his pay day a few months ago though.

Conor did give them multiple one million dollar PPVs AND is a once in a lifetime star.

Jon the better? Yes.

I want Jon to get paid his worth.

But during Jon’s generation, I’d say Anderson, GSP, Nate Diaz, Masvidal, Izzy, Conor, and Ronda were more popular.

If the fighters still don’t want to unionize even with the absolute bonkers money UFC made off the ESPN deal, EA Sports, Venom (that’s the one I want to hear about)...MMA will continue to be scab work.

Preach steevoo1 steevoo1

I honestly think dana thought stipe was gonna win and it was going to set up jones vs stipe.

Dana DOES NOT want jones to be francis first defense

Like I said, he would prefer to milk him for a couple fights a la’ rhonda...just feed him lewis, gane, whoever else beside jon.

Dana in a tough spot.

So what do y'all think is a fair number for Jon to get paid to fight Francis? He's been making just under $600k per fight (on the books) since 2015.

Also I had the thought that Dana probably doesn't want to pay Bones because he also doesn't want to pay Francis.

Bones is probably on the way out and if he gets laid out against Francis like everyone thinks he will, then that's essentially a cash out fight for him. Maybe a money fight with Izzy is available later but maybe not. Either way Bones won't be on the books for much longer and he's disposable.

But if Dana gives Bones lets say 5 mil to fight Francis, I'm pretty sure Francis' team is gonna want to be compensated as well. And his reign is only starting, so if they give Francis 5 mil to fight Bones, and he does what everyone thinks he can do and becomes even more of a star, how much are they gonna have to pay for the subsequent Lewis, Gane, etc fights?

He's seen how difficult it is to bully or control fighters like he likes to do once he's given them a big payday (Conor, GSP, Nate), so I definitely wouldn't be surprised if deflating Francis' future earning potential is playing a part in this whole thing.

Conor made 3 million and Dustin made 830K (which included the 50K bonus)

Jon should make at least a flat base of 1M. Considering his status in the sport, didn't technically lose as champ and he's moving up to fight someone as marketable as Francis in a title fight

Both should make at least a Milly plus PPV points

Conor made 3 million and Dustin made 830K (which included the 50K bonus)

Jon should make at least a flat base of 1M. Considering his status in the sport, didn't technically lose as champ and he's moving up to fight someone as marketable as Francis in a title fight

Both should make at least a Milly plus PPV points
if Conor made 3 mill and Dustin made 830k, any rough estimate what they made with the ppv points???

if Conor made 3 mill and Dustin made 830k, any rough estimate what they made with the ppv points???
Found a figure on an article, have no clue how accurate but apparently Metlzer said it sold well

"UFC 257 was a massive success, reportedly being one of the highest ever drawing events with a reported 1.2 million pay-per-view buys in the US, along with an added 400,000 purchases from abroad. Conor McGregor may have lost to Dustin Poirier that night, but he did bring the UFC a significant amount of revenue.''

From https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/new...uch-conor-mcgregor-dustin-poirier-others-make

"Conor McGregor is expected to make much more than the reported $3 million purse thanks to the huge success of UFC 257 in terms of PPV buys. McGregor is likely to end up making more than $10 million from pay-per-view share money. Poirier too, is expected to take home around $1.5 million from PPV points."

Dudes will live and die by their argument regardless of facts.

Like they will forever say the sky is blue just because that’s what you have been conditioned to think and say.

Back
Top Bottom