The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Francis gets it

“As far as [negotiation], yeah, he’s asking for money, he said ‘show me the money’ but I think it makes sense. I think for a mega fight everyone would like to have mega pay, [same] as mine. I want that fight. I would like to have good pay and every other fighter out there would like that. There’s nothing irrational in this. Everything is normal. Everybody is expecting that we are doing this in order to one day have a big payday. A big fight day. When it comes that moment, you are like ‘I wish I had what I wanted.’ So I believe in it and I see ‘show the money’ for me, proof to me he really wants it or if you show the money, he’s going to fight.”

Found a figure on an article, have no clue how accurate but apparently Metlzer said it sold well

"UFC 257 was a massive success, reportedly being one of the highest ever drawing events with a reported 1.2 million pay-per-view buys in the US, along with an added 400,000 purchases from abroad. Conor McGregor may have lost to Dustin Poirier that night, but he did bring the UFC a significant amount of revenue.''

From https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/new...uch-conor-mcgregor-dustin-poirier-others-make

"Conor McGregor is expected to make much more than the reported $3 million purse thanks to the huge success of UFC 257 in terms of PPV buys. McGregor is likely to end up making more than $10 million from pay-per-view share money. Poirier too, is expected to take home around $1.5 million from PPV points."

so not only did Dustin walk away with 1.5 million, but the 500k Conor donated to his gym AND an even bigger payday for the trilogy fight

Francis gets it

“As far as [negotiation], yeah, he’s asking for money, he said ‘show me the money’ but I think it makes sense. I think for a mega fight everyone would like to have mega pay, [same] as mine. I want that fight. I would like to have good pay and every other fighter out there would like that. There’s nothing irrational in this. Everything is normal. Everybody is expecting that we are doing this in order to one day have a big payday. A big fight day. When it comes that moment, you are like ‘I wish I had what I wanted.’ So I believe in it and I see ‘show the money’ for me, proof to me he really wants it or if you show the money, he’s going to fight.”
But Francis ... Jones is scare, Jones is a cheat, Jones shouldn't be part of the UFC. WHY PAY HIM?

LET THE UFC TAKE ALL THE MONEY AND GIVE HIM PENNIES.

Dana knows a Francis-JJ fight would do numbers as Francis' star rose even more following Saturday's fight. He always has to make it seem like so and so "doesn't want to fight" if they even ask for a bit more. Then you have all these people taking his side with the same sentiment that the fighter signed a contract and should live up to it. That's BS IMO, guys obviously will underperform but if you overachieve and going to greatly contribute to the company profiting that much more then you definitely deserve a larger peace of the pie.

Also April is going to be a huge month for MMA fans, Bellator has three cards starting this Friday. Really looking forward to the Showtime presentation as that new promo was well done. One Championship also has 3 events which will all be on TNT. Their Wiki page shows only 3 fights will air on TNT and the others as prelims, look forward to seeing DJ again. PFL will be holding two events with UFC vets like Pettis and Rory.

Then obviously you have 3 UFC cards headlined by UFC 261, also the org is already doing damage control in advance of the event, see https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/3/...permanent-disability-due-to-covid-19-mma-news
This could be the foreseeable future for these type of events held in places like FL, TX, etc. where there is no mask mandate. Going to be an interesting next few months to say the least.

Also I had the thought that Dana probably doesn't want to pay Bones because he also doesn't want to pay Francis.
Dana doesn't want anyone to be bigger than the promotion. It's why they haven't done press conference city tour promos for ppvs since what .. Aldo/Mcgregor? He knows that fight would shoot Ngannou to global superstardom with a win and if Jones wins he'd be known by the masses as the undeniable greatest MMA fighter ever and both would have to get that pay day every single time.

That ppv would easily do 1.5+mil buys. And if you have Ngannou win, he'd easily be Mcgregor status. Where every ppv is must see TV. Dana just doesn't want to give that kind of rub to any of his fighters.

Conor doesn’t fight for money, he just sold Proper 12 for 130 mil

his net worth somewhere around 300 mil

even at 3 mil a fight he’s fighting for pennies on the dollar

the ufc needs Conor more than Conor needs the UFC

Conor doesn’t fight for money, he just sold Proper 12 for 130 mil

his net worth somewhere around 300 mil

even at 3 mil a fight he’s fighting for pennies on the dollar

the ufc needs Conor more than Conor needs the UFC
At this point he fights for ego and to hear the crowd ... if he gets KO .... he should retired.

Dana doesn't want anyone to be bigger than the promotion. It's why they haven't done press conference city tour promos for ppvs since what .. Aldo/Mcgregor? He knows that fight would shoot Ngannou to global superstardom with a win and if Jones wins he'd be known by the masses as the undeniable greatest MMA fighter ever and both would have to get that pay day every single time.

That ppv would easily do 1.5+mil buys. And if you have Ngannou win, he'd easily be Mcgregor status. Where every ppv is must see TV. Dana just doesn't want to give that kind of rub to any of his fighters.

Yup, the UFC brand over everything, and make sure all the fighters know they're replaceable, doesn't matter how great they are.

And I'm not gonna lie, kinda don't give a **** if Conor fights again. I'll watch the Poirier rematch because it's something to do, but I'm not really hype on any of the upcoming fights at 155. Division needs some new contenders

If you go back to my post the night of the Brunson fight, I called this...

Dana should’ve kept his mouth shut...Holland was gonna get another shot because of his willingness to always fight on short notice.

Hell of a redemption story if he gets a win on ABC.

Just watched an Usman interview, had to be one of his first major ones :lol: the language barrier is apparent. Didn't get to see if he has any type of personality at all lol

Mind blown
Yeah Leon is literally the last person I would've thought Diaz would take. Love how they're making it 5 rounds, fight deserves it.

Props to Nate tho, that's a tough *** fight to take. Masvidal purposely avoided this man and Nate ain't even a proper WW.

Nate. Why? Did you not see his RDA fight?

And I saw that Stipe made $700K to get knocked out. And Francis $500K.

So back to the topic. For one of the biggest fights in HW history, should Jon and Francis get their standard pay...? Yeah...there’s PPV points but how many fights does Jon truly have?

Leon and Nate is a weird fight. I guess Nate thinks he'll be close to a title shot with a win? Payday for Leon I guess.

Back
Top Bottom