The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Nate. Why? Did you not see his RDA fight?

And I saw that Stipe made $700K to get knocked out. And Francis $500K.

So back to the topic. For one of the biggest fights in HW history, should Jon and Francis get their standard pay...? Yeah...there’s PPV points but how many fights does Jon truly have?

It's a "super fight" and should be compensated as such. The thing is I don't think Jones is as big of a draw as he thinks he is. Say what you want about Conor but he was bringing in big ppv numbers to justify his salary demands.

Lol @ Nate. He is the biggest name on the card. And I bet he’s getting paid handsomely to boost the PPV buy rate.

It's a "super fight" and should be compensated as such. The thing is I don't think Jones is as big of a draw as he thinks he is. Say what you want about Conor but he was bringing in big ppv numbers to justify his salary demands.
Bro, it’s the biggest fight ever at HW. One of the greatest MMA fighters of all time versus one of the most eclectic, destructive forces (besides Lewis).

Lol @ Nate. He is the biggest name on the card. And I bet he’s getting paid handsomely to boost the PPV buy rate.

Bro, it’s the biggest fight ever at HW. One of the greatest MMA fighters of all time versus one of the most eclectic, destructive forces (besides Lewis).

Oh I definitely get that. It’s just from a ufc pov historically I don’t think Jones has drawn that great and Francis isn’t yet a household name himself which is why they might be hesitant to meet Jones’ price. I’m hoping the fight over pay isn’t something that delays or prevents this fight from happening.

lol wut. Francis is HUGE star. if he fights Jon itll do Conor #s

Ngannou social metrics been off the chartsss

Not sure if Luke is angling to get cut or what but :rofl:

“Fighting is like a mafia. They have these very mafioso-type tactics in negotiations, they try to f–k with you. I’m not having any of it,” Rockhold explained (transcription via BroBible). “If you don’t know your worth someone will tell you your worth and it’ll be less than your worth, so know your worth. Once I lost the world title, Dana White came up to me and tried to beat me down mentally and I was like ‘f–k you,’ straight up. I was like I’m going to go do my own thing, if you’re going to try and offer me this and that bull–it, you know who I am and what I did, that’s the only reason I went out and got a modeling contract so I could leverage myself.”

“We don’t have the governing body. We’ve got an egotistical guy that’s a bit of a tyrant,” Rockhold said. “No one is going to try and fight you, you’ve got to put your *** on the line, stand your ground, take risk, otherwise you get treated like a b–ch. It’s unfortunate, a guy like that, he thinks he can fight, he thinks he’s a fighter. I don’t understand why he’s trying to belittle all the fighters when you’ve never fought a day in your life. You’re a promoter. We need a governing body to give people what they deserve, he doesn’t play the game right.”

Outside of

McGregor (no one out drawing him)
Rousey
Lesnar and a couple of mega fights
(Lidell vs Ortiz some of GSP, etc)
Jones is the highest PPV draw.

lol wut. Francis is HUGE star. if he fights Jon itll do Conor #s

Ngannou social metrics been off the chartsss
Conor is near LeBron / MJ type fame. Go to any grandma who don't give a **** about fighting and they're likely to have heard of Conor.

Francis ain't there yet. Part of Conor's draw was also his ability to create classic soundbites from his trash talk. Francis' personality ain't that

Outside of

Rousey

Highest Ppv sales he had is 860k
Izzy just sold 800k

He’s not a worldwide super star such as Khabib and Connor

we can’t clown Dana now most people were thinking he was offering Jones 1-5 million

but for him to say 8-10 million is a low offer he’s a clown

he’s asking for the biggest pay day in a fight ever in ufc history . This is not the biggest fight in history

Highest Ppv sales he had is 860k
Izzy just sold 800k

He’s not a worldwide super star such as Khabib and Connor

we can’t clown Dana now most people were thinking he was offering Jones 1-5 million

but for him to say 8-10 million is a low offer he’s a clown

he’s asking for the biggest pay day in a fight ever in ufc history . This is not the biggest fight in history
LoL

Did you really say Kahbib .... just because you google #1 mma PPV and saw his name????

That was all Connor bro.

Isreal just sold 800k .... when was the last time Jones fought?

With Covid and a Francis fight ... easily 1.5+ million.

If this is not arguably the biggest fight, what is?

LoL

Did you really say Kahbib .... just because you google #1 mma PPV and saw his name????

That was all Connor bro.

Isreal just sold 800k .... when was the last time Jones fought?

With Covid and a Francis fight ... easily 1.5+ million.

If this is not arguably the biggest fight, what is?

Wait so ur saying khabib ain’t a bigger draw than Jones ? You delusional ? Khabib attracts tens of millions of fans overseas . There is no ppv sales in Russian or other countries . 7 million fans just in Russia tuned in for his last fight . He’s a international superstar . Jones last two fights trash decision wins .
Khabib makes the ufc more money than Jones by a long shot that’s why u got Daddy Dana Begging him to come back . Can’t argue with someone this delusional .

There is a reason why his last two fights were in Dubai let’s the whole Europe watch it live and us Americans watch it at 3 .

Attachments

• E8360F55-BB85-4A33-8579-D7BCF374DCE2.png
    E8360F55-BB85-4A33-8579-D7BCF374DCE2.png
    999.4 KB · Views: 690
Last edited:
Outside of

Rousey
He’s probably up there in terms of combined sales since he’s main evented so much but his buyrate isn’t super impressive

https://www.tapology.com/search/mma-event-figures/ppv-pay-per-view-buys-buyrate

I do agree though that this fight should do numbers and they should be properly compensated, just don’t think the ufc is willing to meet the money he’s asking for

Wait so ur saying khabib ain’t a bigger draw than Jones ? You delusional ? Khabib attracts tens of millions of fans overseas . There is no ppv sales in Russian or other countries . 7 million fans just in Russia tuned in for his last fight . He’s a international superstar . Jones last two fights trash decision wins .
Khabib makes the ufc more money than Jones by a long shot that’s why u got Daddy Dana Begging him to come back . Can’t argue with someone this delusional .

There is a reason why his last two fights were in Dubai let’s the whole Europe watch it live and us Americans watch it at 3 .
I would love to see those actual buys.

Khabib made $6M before PPV points for fighting Dustin and we're comparing his star status to Jon Jones...?

:lol:

Jones definitely should be asking for the bag
dana probably would throw money on a third stipe fight before he gives in to jone's request
probably pay other fighters like lewis a mil in between

Jones definitely should be asking for the bag
dana probably would throw money on a third stipe fight before he gives in to jone's request
probably pay other fighters like lewis a mil in between

10 mil ain’t a bag ? Top 3 fight pay Ever if not the most ever . Yes he got underpaid for most of his career but his ppv buys ain’t a lot and he only targets the American audience . His last two fights sub par. He’s not even APPEARED in the top 20 Most ppv buys in his whole entire career and his international viewership ain’t high

Connor just got 3-5 million for fighting Dustin and he draws way more than Jones

for them to offer double that and still a lowball
Offer

I don’t think anyone got a 8-10 mill offer

Last edited:
/\ bro, you should sit this one out.

>D

Nah half yall delusional guy told me Jones a bigger draw than khabib then he says oh I was referring to only USA viewers and buys . This ain’t the biggest fight in ufc history and he’s getting paid prolly the biggest bag ever

Back
Top Bottom