The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Nick looked damn good for being out 6 YEARS

He had robbie in trouble a few times. He started off slow as hell but he started gaining momentum…

dood threw over 200 punches in the first and 2nds :wow:

he def looks better than Nate at this point, he’s got gas in the tank if he want to fight again.

maybe a fight with COWBOY???? Matt Brown???

Aldo will always be the greatest FW, he built that division and put all 135lbs’ers on. Can’t disrespect the god like that.

LOL @ ortega dood went full hollywood, sipped the kool-aid and got shut out all 5 rounds……YIKES

How this dood come out in a purge mask and end up getting purged?

Had the champ gurgling and questioning his belt. Ortega ain’t get shut out at all. Could argue he won round 1 and 5. Round 3 he almost got two subs

He definitely won Round 5. Round 1 is arguable (I favor Alex).

Round Three is one of the greatest rounds of 2021 (right up there with Merab/Moraes Round 1 and Jiri P/D Reyes Round 1). Having said that, Alex won that round lol since he left Brian on the mat. His team had to use a spatula to pick him up. But Brian definitely took Volk's breath away (twice). Crazy fight.

Also, saying Aldo is the greatest FW is like saying DJ is the greatest flyweight. Sometimes we have to factor in eras. Before Amanda came along, everyone was talking about Ronda's place as P4P. Greatest women fighter of all time. Now, we can argue if it's Amanda or Valentina (or JJ).

Alex only lost round 5 because he was coasting and already had the fight in the bag

brian had nothing for Volk, and was basically outclassed, he almost didn’t look like he belonged in there.

his lack of boxing defense is taking time off his life, dood was getting lit up from round 1 by a MUCH SMALLER guy. SMH

Took his *** to “T-City” and still couldn’t seal the deal.

he talked all that **** leading up to the fight only to get dismantled, again.

not as bad as the max fight (might be the most 1-sided fight I ever seen) but it was reminiscent.

dood need to fire this boxing coach too

Ortega’s jab was solid volk really just started pulverizing after he reversed the subs and started ground and pounding

def changed the whole fight

the first two rounds the stand up wasn’t anything to be characterized as outclassing on the feet

Brian was definitely down 0-2. But they were both close rounds.

Round three was either 10-9 Alex or a 10-10 worse case. That angry beating Volk gave Brian at the end of round three was epic. And Alex was winning before Brian landed that blow that transitioned into the guillotine.

He was down 0-2 going into the 3rd and his coaches let him know it in between rounds.
That's fine, I'm just saying Ortega didn't get shut out by any means. He kept first 2 rounds close and round 5

Almost subbed Volk twice in 3rd and Volk fully admitted he was in a world of trouble

Volk def won and is the better fighter but it wasn't easy by any means nor one sided

Definitely can agree it was a GOOD FIGHT. Volk looked like the champ out there.

not sure where Brian goes now, don’t think he has much of a future at 55 if he’s eating shots like this at 45…

well see

Definitely can agree it was a GOOD FIGHT. Volk looked like the champ out there.

not sure where Brian goes now, don’t think he has much of a future at 55 if he’s eating shots like this at 45…

well see
he's kinda ****** tbh lol. I don't think there's any way he beats Max. Volk could get even better

Ortega would have to take a huge leap in terms of his defense. I'd only give him a shot against Volk but imo he's def still elite. I could see him beating any of these other 45'ers. We'll see how guys like Giga and Allen develop

Outside of Max, Volk and Kattar, I don't think anyone else's striking puts Ortega at that much of disadvantage. He did a lot of damage to Max and also hit Volk with some good shots standing

If anything Kattar vs T City would be a ******* classic

Volk and Max might be the greatest featherweights of all time. Brian Ortega, right place, wrong time lol.

It's like all those folks competing in LHW when Jon and DC were there.

Brian needs a few more wrinkles/tricks in his game.

It's definitely hard to imagine Ortega getting another shot with Max or Volk as the champ. I'd say he'd have to go on a 3-4 fight streak beating the top contenders. His next fight could be a big step down, say lower top 10 to get his confidence back.

Ortega is who he is. His striking isnt elite by any means. Even in past fights he would get tuned up before pulling something crazy off (Moicano,Cub). I can see Giga, Kattar, maybe Zabit giving him problems.

I hate to just brush over Yair, but I’m hyped for the Max/Volk trilogy.
Yair been gone for a minute. I hope he ready for that beat down. Max is going to style on him so in Ariel's words, "Ya, must have forgot!"

Honestly, the rest of the top 15 has to begin competing. Creating mind space. Brian sort of screwed. Just like Max if he loses again.

Ortega is who he is. His striking isnt elite by any means. Even in past fights he would get tuned up before pulling something crazy off (Moicano,Cub). I can see Giga, Kattar, maybe Zabit giving him problems.
I mean, Moicano and Cub are no slouches in the striking department. T City def had the rep of absorbing damage and then coming back

He's evolved slowly but surely. His power always keep in him fights in marriage with his obvious elite sub game

He'll always be in any fight (outside of Max) and could also finish any fight (outside of Max) in that division. For whatever that's worth

Not sure if it’s too late but something that could also level Ortega’s game up is offensive wrestling

He should be athletic enough to drive for takedowns

But he gets hit too much and his chin is too good for his own long term health

I don't think there's gonna be a bigger hated fighter than Sterling at the moment

“Let’s clear the air today. I am NOT injured for my real fans, family, and friends that are asking/wondering. To the haters, trying to take away my attention from my teammate, @merab.dvalishvili, to talk about myself and my situation isn’t what I wanted to do.

Merab looked amazing on Saturday night and had a wicked performance! My situation is complicated. It’s the neck that we’re talking about! This is the BEST I’ve ever felt, waking up in the morning and being able to live life pain-free from nerve issues that’s I’ve had for 10+ years now.

As always, I like to share the truth and be transparent with my fan base that actually give a **** about fighters health. Training has been going well but I’ve been struggling to get my body to push pass 2 RDs in sparring sessions. The fatigue that sets in and the cramping still lingers, which my surgeon said is due to the nerves still recovering from the long-term trauma, and surgery I just had. Nothing I can do about that, other than show up in another shell of myself and risk wasting the surgery and maybe getting severely hurt!!

I originally wanted to fight in December but the plans were pushed up earlier. Unfortunately, my body isn’t agreeing with me and I asked for an extension and asked for Petr Yan to wait, so that I will be the first man in the UFC to beat his ***.

I flew in @adrianyanez93 to help with training looks. I want to see how this week goes and see if overtraining was the real issue for all the fatigue, since I was playing physical “catch-up” for fighting much sooner than expected. I will discuss this more on my podcast today @theweeklyscraps. But here’s a quick version of what I’m dealing with. Thankfully the @UFC team understands how serious spine surgery can be and are allowing me the extra time to get my body right so that there are NO EXCUSES when I fight again,”
Sterling wrote on Instagram.

Back
Top Bottom