The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Wow. Captain America A has lost both his double champs.

Is Bellator running back the Pitbull/AJ fight?

Also, Dana. 🤣

He’s holding Henry to that “retirement.”

Dana like Henry was holding out for money and “retired.” That’s not very company man like. You retired and now you expect to jump in front of Max, etc to challenge Alex V?

Well a bad card just got even worse smh, at least Aspen Ladd is stepping in but unless I hear it was an exciting fight I'm not watching the replay on ESPN+. Maybe I'll watch replay of Arlovski fight. Prob catch replay of the Dern fight sometime this Sunday.

Reyes moved to Xtreme Couture. Great move to learn under Nicksick. Hope he isn't completely worn down, he proved he can hang with Jones and Jiri

“It was one of those hard, grueling fights that everybody saw me put everything on the line. Everyone saw him put everything on the line,” Reyes said to Fanatics View. “At the end of the day, it is all about respect. It was a big fight for me to build my legacy, to have those crazy fights, those tough fights where it looks like I’m out, but I’m still fighting. It was important to me to prove to myself that I guess I still kind of got it. I’m still willing to go out there and jump into the fire, I proved it to myself in that fight.

“It felt good, it didn’t go my way obviously, I could have done some things better, but it is part of the process,” Reyes continued. “I’m out here making those adjustments and having fun with it. I took a good amount of time off, that was a wild, brutal fight. We are light heavyweights so each punch takes a lot more out of you, took some time to heal up and now I’m out here training.”

“I upkicked him really hard and he went out fully. I knew he was out but I couldn’t move properly with the way he fell on me, it made it so I couldn’t advance position or take advantage of it,” Reyes added. “But, hey man, the guy’s a f*****g beast. He did his thing, for me to fight guys like Jiri is everything, I’m trying to fight the best guys in the world and good human beings. He’s a samurai, he’s got the warrior spirit all the way around. I got nothing but respect for the guy. We looked at each other in the pre-fight faceoff and I knew it was going to be a great fight, man.”

Helwani really going off on Schaub on his show today

^^^Now I gotta listen. I DO think the Heelwani persona makes him the story vice impartial bystander which is what a journalist should be. I listened to a bit from TFAK and Brandon just keeps egging it on.

Breh I listened to everything today. Schaub is honestly not enjoyable to listen to. He does nothing special. He isn't extra insightful on the sport, technique etc. He isn't charismatic or funny. I don't see how so many people are fans

He for no reason flamed Ariel. His original beef was with Bloody Elbow for going at Rogan, which was justifiable. He mentioned Ariel's name out of nowhere and lumped him in lol. Then instead of keeping on topic he targeted MMA media overall and started acting like they are all pathetic as professionals and human beings

Ariel didn't hold back in his response. I agreed with him more so than Schaub. He made it extremely personal which was hilarious and a bit excessive but Schaub brought it on himself. As much as someone might not like Ariel or think he's talented, when he hasn't been under ESPN, his interviews have usually been pretty exceptional

There is room for guys like Ariel, Josh, Big John, etc. all of their lanes are appreciated. I don't see the point in all of them beefing. Schaub on the other hand, if he went off the air today it wouldn't make any impact. If any of those other guys I mentioned left it would be a huge loss

Only thing Schaub is good for is the exact same thing as Chael. Fading their fight picks.

Them dudes probably got 2 correct picks combined for the whole year.

I know the comedian jokes and paying for guests had to cut Schaub deep :lol:
It's funny cause it's partially true. I mean I even feel that way toward Rogan. I am a huge fan of Rogan but just don't think he's funny. But that is my opinion.

I just listened to Ariel's rant and I have to give him kudos for it just cause I didn't think he had it in him. "You sell your merch......to no one." Haha. That whole Thiccc Boy stuff is terrible.

Yeah rogan the comedian is not funny at all to me, I be wondering how he got on lol but I’m a big fan of joe on the podcast.

I also gave Schaub a true listen. I used to subscribe to his Below the Belt pod, prob listened to it every week for 2-3 months. Just never really gained much substance or entertainment

:lol: @ having to fight Giga after getting torched by Max.

I don't see that fight going well for Kattar, hopefully I'm wrong and it's a great fight.

Banger of a fight. Giga could be in line for a shot with an impressive W.

2022 will be off to a good start with this scrap and Francis/Gane a week later.
You figure winner of Max/Yair in NOV would get the title shot against Volk maybe sometime in FEB/March?

Then the winner of Giga/Kattar would just slide in as the next #1 contender fight sometime in the summer

Barring injuries

:lol: @ having to fight Giga after getting torched by Max.

I don't see that fight going well for Kattar, hopefully I'm wrong and it's a great fight.
You're not wrong, that's brutal. Idk how I see this one going tbh

You figure an Arnold Allen type might have been a less traumatic match to make

As it stands now they can make Allen vs Zombie and Mitchell vs Barboza

Mike Heck reporting that the original plan was Kattar vs Allen in November but Allen's hand is hurt and he couldn't get it cleared

You figure winner of Max/Yair in NOV would get the title shot against Volk maybe sometime in FEB/March?

Then the winner of Giga/Kattar would just slide in as the next #1 contender fight sometime in the summer

Barring injuries
In a perfect world we'd get the FW title co-maining on the Izzy card but I'm thinking they place Max(don't even want to fathom Yair getting a shot lol)/Volk on a card either Mar/Apr and maybe place a women's title in co-main slot.

Back
Top Bottom