The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

You're making my point :lol: if this was a UFC return you don't think any of these dudes would report it?

To the second point- those guys I listed are the ones who consistently announce fights way before the UFC does. Outside of Brett- they aren't in bed with Dana and don't have any problems reporting stuff before they do. More often than not, even for big news- UFC isn't the first source to announce it

Al Shatti does not break news lol, he simply has opinions as any of us have. MMAFighting guys are the best out there because they have no allegiance to anyone. They are the most unbiased and educated as they come

Of course this isn't the Wall Street Journal, what does that have to do with this :lol:

All I'm saying is- there are plenty of legit MMA reporters who cover the sport inside and out and are always on it when it comes to fight news, especially big fight news
I can see we look at the topic from different lenses. So we can agree to disagree and still have respect for one another.

The Wall Street Journal is probably one of the high marks of journalism. And it makes its $$$ on reporting on Wall Street. Both good and bad.

Most outlets cannot do the bad. There are taboo topics like fighter pay, the sports gambling, health insurance, USADA, etc.

Shaun is a good journalist. Good writer.

That 2013-2015 mmafighting had an incredible roster, Ariel, Luke, Shaun, Marc Ramondi, etc.

With the UFC 199, it was a situation where someone was banned for just beating the UFC to announcing a fight. The big stuff is still off limits. Dana is the gatekeeper of information for UFC.

But if ya noticed Dana has been doing special announcements lately. And had never shied away from his displeasure of MMA journalists especially right now since most of them aren’t true journalists but influencers, fighters, etc.
I enjoy listening to the MMAfighting guys because of the unbiased opinions
They’re the best. The only thing they don’t do is the fighter pay and monopoly reporting. But the content and “reporting” are better than most.
I have said and will continue to say they are the best in MMA

Jose Youngs, Jed Meshew, Mike Heck, AK, Casey, Shaun- best in the business

Their collective knowledge>>>

Unbiased and cover the other promotions, not just UFC and Bellator
How do you feel about fighters becoming new media? In many ways their pre and post fight analysis is deeper than most MMA news sites.

I like Bisping and Anthony Smith. Not a fan of the single person coverage.

That blonde ring girl (Antonio Banderas gif).

All I was saying was there are still plenty of MMA reporters out here covering, breaking news, doing fight breakdowns etc.

It doesn't have to be some kind of Master's Degree Wall Street Journal deal. Mike Heck doesn't even have a Journalism degree (which I do). You don't need a degree to be good at this

I don't really pay much mind to anyone's opinions outside of the MMAfighting guys, Luke and BC, Big John/Josh, Bronstetter and the BC Sport guys (which does include Bisping)

I guess my question is do you just want rudimentary analysis and pre fight announcements? If so, I completely understandZ

Alex Morono wooooooo and lol.

I'm all for the nonsense of fight buildup

But I'll just wait for Twitter clips of each episode :lol:

Spending an hour of my time for each of these seemingly scripted episodes is a bridge too far lol

Real quick about mma journalists

I can’t take Brett serious after hearing Ariel talk about mma journalists not asking Dana real questions and bringing up Brett doing an end of the year interview with Dana and asking him about his New Year’s resolutions and current diet. Sooooooo many relevant ufc questions to ask and that’s what you decide to ask

I can’t take Brett serious after hearing Ariel talk about mma journalists not asking Dana real questions and bringing up Brett doing an end of the year interview with Dana and asking him about his New Year’s resolutions and current diet. Sooooooo many relevant ufc questions to ask and that’s what you decide to ask
So that we’re clear. It’s the fights game so maybe our expectations shouldn’t be high. And maybe we should just expect rudimentary fight analysis and “scooping” the UFC on announcing a fight.

But I agree. Brett Okamoto is a laughing stock. It was wild when he came with some “hard hitting” questions recently. The jokes made that man snap.

This is a legit challenge for Ian Garry. DRo is scrappy. Could legitimately be top ten.

Dawg, nobody is allowed to be a real journalist when it comes to the UFC

I don't blame any of them for not asking the hard questions. That would be their livelihood lost

I don't view these guys in the same lens as other sports reporters because... the UFC... isn't like other sports. Dana can run this whole thing how he wants... same with fighter pay and everything else. It's a stacked deck

This has been the case for many many years. Can't just single out Brett, it's everyone. The UFC is its own universe and having access to it isn't a given or a right

Nah…John Morgan and Brett Okamoto are the king of soft ball questions and huge shill.

But I agree don’t hate the playa, hate the game.

Is this going to be a good scrap?

DRo isn’t a joke even if he’s at the age of a journeyman.

Nah…John Morgan and Brett Okamoto are the king of soft ball questions and huge shill.

But I agree don’t hate the playa, hate the game.

Is this going to be a good scrap?

DRo isn’t a joke even if he’s at the age of a journeyman.
Yeah it's our own fault if we expect Brett or John to be the ones who are grilling Dana though lol

They've long been in bed with the UFC, especially Brett with ESPN/UFC partnership

You can't get mad at the color blue for being blue :lol: that's just what they are and they're probably getting paid well for what they do, why change?

Yeah it's our own fault if we expect Brett or John to be the ones who are grilling Dana though lol

They've long been in bed with the UFC, especially Brett with ESPN/UFC partnership

You can't get mad at the color blue for being blue :lol: that's just what they are and they're probably getting paid well for what they do, why change?
I dunno. With my background, it’s hard not to be cynical. But when you see what they’ve done to an Ariel, it’s better to be in good graces than bad.

Garry still trash in my book for a dude they are trying to portray as a superstar. Rodriguez straight up quit more than anything else.
I won’t say someone quit. Well…he can’t get hid anymore. Top 15 is no joke. Magny!!! If he beats Neil, which is tough gotta give him credit.

I dunno. With my background, it’s hard not to be cynical. But when you see what they’ve done to an Ariel, it’s better to be in good graces than bad.

I won’t say someone quit. Well…he can’t get hid anymore. Top 15 is no joke. Magny!!! If he beats Neil, which is tough gotta give him credit.

None of the standing shots looked that serious and D-Rod covered with no attempt to better his position while weak G&P was coming. That is quitting to me. Expected a lot more from D-Rod here given Garry’s last opponent was a softball and that dude nearly KOed him.

Looking forward to the top 15 sending him to the shadow realm and One like Sage.

LOL at him being sent to the shadow realm

His chin is always gonna worry me. Can already see Ian fighting wonderboy if they wanted to fast track him

This was the level of performance to match the hype he had coming in

Now it's going to get real real

It was cool hearing that he's training with all different camps like Leon Edwards. Kinda crazy how they linked considering they're in the same division

He's going to Brazil next week to train BJJ and also train with Izzy in NZ...

Magney is a logical next opponent. He's another older opponent on the clear downside of his career

Magney doesn't have the type of power that scares anyone

Actually genius "safe" call out

I don't put Garry anywhere near Rahkmanov in terms of potential but he's nothing like Sage, that's harsh bro :lol: feel like he's a legit top 20/top 15 guy

LOL at him being sent to the shadow realm

His chin is always gonna worry me. Can already see Ian fighting wonderboy if they wanted to fast track him
WB would be a tough matchup. I haven’t seen much wrestling defense in his game. Magny can also go three long grinding rounds. But smart to call out older gatekeepers.

Also like Vince mentioned, good on Ian to try to train with different camps to grow as a martial artist.

Also love Return of the Mack as a walkout song lol

Back
Top Bottom