The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Really like the Cory/Umar scrap. But what about Cory/Merab?? They really punishing Merab for his in cage shenanigans??

They really doing too much.

We win. Also that’s a win for Umar if he beats Sandhagen.

But some of them divisions not named women’s bantamweight have contender backlog.

Merab/cejudo my only assumption for them to get together corey/umar
Actually this could be it, just looked at rankings and they really put Henry at #3 after the Aljo fight?!? I really hate it was a split decision when it didn't feel that close and scorecards were all over the place. Definitely wouldn't be upset if they made Merab/Cejudo.

Can't (I can) believe ufc ain't offer Doumbé a better contract. Man's kb credentials are elite and he's a damn ko artist.

Ian Garry finally arriving over the weekend :smokin. Not sure if he'll ever become champion but he for sure will maintain in the top 10.

IMG_0081.png

They really doing too much.

We win. Also that’s a win for Umar if he beats Sandhagen.

But some of them divisions not named women’s bantamweight have contender backlog.

When you have people with the belt that only fight once or twice a year it makes it tough on all the contenders. Sucks to see a lot of people get right there to deserving a title shot only to be forced to take another fight in which they loose.

Doumbe talked while **** about elite fighters in the UFC too. Muay Thai and kickboxing are my first loves, but we’ve seen so many elite guys switch to MMA and get smoked.

Good for Francis. Selfishly glad it isn’t boxing but glad it seems he’s still getting a bag

Hopefully he keeps winning and we hold our hope he fights Jones some day soon

Welp- just read the actual info and he’s still boxing lol

Still, good on him. I don’t care at all about his next fights in boxing or mma and I’m curious to see if anyone else will care either

I don’t recognize the names in the pfl hw division lol

But again- good on him

Tune into MMA Hour w Ariel to hear what the Lineal Champion has to say.

Good on him. Thanks to no exclusivity he can get money fighting in MMA and boxing. First major athlete to do it. He’s also the Chairman of PFL Africa.

Can’t front PFL is trying unlike certain other organizations (not named UFC). They have expanded into Europe and put Hardy in charge. I’ll be geeked if they do the same content with Africans. We’ve all been clamoring for MMA in Africa and this is a legitimate attempt.

His legacy might diminish a bit because he’s not fighting in the UFC but he did it his way.

Conor has two fights left on his contract. He going to extort Zuffa/WME.

Last edited:
Francis/Jones never happening now

Good for Francis to get all of that from the PFL. Hope he can make an impact on the sport beyond just fighting

The big part about his deal is the equity and position on the co oanys board. Won't mean much to us as viewers but in terms of fighters interest and fighter pay I really hope it plays out well for him.

Having guys like Francis and Dan Hardy take on important roles in the PFL can only garner interest for fighters to test free agency imo. They just need to do away with that dumbass seasonal tournament and smart cage.

The big part about his deal is the equity and position on the co oanys board. Won't mean much to us as viewers but in terms of fighters interest and fighter pay I really hope it plays out well for him.

Having guys like Francis and Dan Hardy take on important roles in the PFL can only garner interest for fighters to test free agency imo. They just need to do away with that dumbass seasonal tournament and smart cage.
No word yet on their PPVs. Kayla Harrison. Jake Paul.

BKFC making moves. PFL making moves.

Not saying Bellator doesn’t have anything going on. Just seems like status quo type stuff.

Hopefully, Francis is still working with Eric Nixsic (sp lol). But I’m curious who his boxing trainer is.

I’m sad we didn’t get Jon versus Francis. But if long term this changes things for the better, I’m not mad.

Nate. Francis. And insanely Conor.

More details on the deal.

Last edited:
This isn’t going to change Jack crap tbh

Until something major happens collectively against the machine that is the ufc- it’s going to remain the same

One off fighters like Francis, maybe even a champ or two may leave. But overall the landscape ain’t changing because of this. It’s like not even a baby step

I have doubts this will do anything to make the pfl suddenly become a house hold staple

I get the excitement and optimism for Francis and that “he stuck it to the ufc” but I don’t see how this is moving the needle for the pfl

Great win for Francis and whomever he fights for sure

Back
Top Bottom