The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

This is soooo tough.

Islam beat Volk 2X. Leon beat 1A and 1B in the current WW title picture. Sean won 3X, upsetting the current MW champ and who the media arguably said was the #2 MW of all time.

MMAfighting and MMAJunkie got DeSean.

This is soooo tough.

Islam beat Volk 2X. Leon beat 1A and 1B in the current WW title picture. Sean won 3X, upsetting the current MW champ and who the media arguably said was the #2 MW of all time.

Colby wasn’t even that good though. He only got the title shot thanks to Dana. Ain’t no way he was “1b”

He is an old, washed up fighter with mileage coming off a two year layoff. even in his prime he was overrated and didn’t prove much by beating old dudes. Did I do that right?

The usman win was solid for sure

So if we’re going off that, islam easily smokes Leon’s year

Strickland on the other hand beat a champ who should have had zero excuses. Crazy good win

The fact that Islam did beat volk twice, albeit second time on short notice- I’m giving the edge to Islam

But some might say Islam had Volk figured out after the first fight. And fighting him on short notice was worse for Volk than Islam. Volk is a higher caliber fighter than the other two fought (especially given how he looked against Yair Rodriguez).

I'd probably give it to Sean though. He fought 3X beating Imavov, Magomedov and Adesanya. I'm probably partial because his was a huge upset. He wasn't even supposed to fight Izzy. Izzy gifted him the title shot due to the UFC wanting to hold a card in the Pacific.

Nah I ain’t giving no credence to taking anything away from Islam

People were tripping over themselves saying volk beat Islam and even in defeat “volk p4p is still #1”

I ain’t hearing any excuses or none of that bs

Volk was the #1 most skilled fighter and Islam beat him twice. That’s a crazy *** accomplishment, historic

Strickland beat imanov on short notice (at 205) and beat abus who is never going to amount to anything. Good wins though and a great win over izzy. I can’t say that trumps beating the p4p twice

But he beat the P4P on short notice. Volk wasn't training after having his 3rd child?

I'm not passionate on either. They're all deserving.

Just on a personal level: The crazy thing is I want to root for Belal and maybe other people do too

His last wins have been very good despite any circumstances anyone wants to mention

He has a cause worth fighting for and pulling behind

It’s literally all set up for him lol but nope he wants to do the worst possible promo

He’s unstable

This is why I can appreciate a good heel...

I just cant get with this corny, ingenuine trash talk/build up, seems forced and cringe...

at least with guys like Colby and Kape you know its adding another layer of interest to the fight and rasies the intensity...

this fake social media meme-calling **** is wack af and not the move if you are trying to move the needle.

Ya forgetting that he got KTFO by Pereira then lost a close decision to Cannonier. His stock was low. My man was down bad. He was busy this year beating a top 15 opponent then derailing the rocket off a dude the UFC was trying to push.

Then he bullied Izzy. No one saw that happening.

Do I think Leon and Islam are better fighters? Yes. But I think DeSean has the best year in MMA.

I feel like you could argue Strickland was the best story out of the group

On paper I just don’t think beating an izzy who was destroyed by Alex not too long ago is superior to beating who everyone regarded as the game’s best in volk… twice

But i don’t care about those awards tbh just my opinion

I'm also on Illia taking the FW strap in February.

I also think Aspinall becomes undisputed HW champ and JJ/Stipe doesn't end up happening due to injuries or another reason. Then both guys just decide to retire.

Shavkat gets his shot by late summer and becomes the champ. I think Leon beats Belal but loses afterwards if its Shavkat.

Could also see the MW strap exchanging hands a couple times, DDP could rush Strickland and score a TKO, then maybe we get Izzy-DDP for battle of the real... (yea not going there lol).

I’m hoping for total chaos and everyone fighting at least 3 times

I want ikram vs everyone I want chimaev vs everyone I want bo vs everyone

I called that 185 was going to be on the rise and now we’re here

Black wolf fighting soon too….

I’m hoping for total chaos and everyone fighting at least 3 times

I want ikram vs everyone I want chimaev vs everyone I want bo vs everyone

I called that 185 was going to be on the rise and now we’re here

Black wolf fighting soon too….

I just wanna see khamzat fight. Feel like we been robbed of 2 years of him fighting since his initial breakout.

Back
Top Bottom