The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Do ya think the UFC's #s would be higher if they did more events away from the APEX and actually promoted their fighters?

Do ya think the UFC's #s would be higher if they did more events away from the APEX and actually promoted their fighters?

I would say not worth it enough to do so

By running apex cards I believe they’re saving money and using the bare minimum resources while being able to fulfill their quota obligations

Meanwhile their ties to the Middle East give them enough sugar and also when they do leave the apex they’re getting huge payouts from those cities

I think for now they’ve got it down to a science for how many times they want to do apex compared to how many times they want to travel

That is…. Until they have to come to terms with whatever however lawsuit pans out

Maybe they’ll be forced to change certain logistical and promotional strategies

I don't disagree with you.

They can literally coast off of high site fees, advertising (like the Bud Light deal) and streaming deals.

To say the "sport" isn't growing wouldn't be true.

My issues are the fans missing out on cards due to all the APEX dates and fighters not being able to realize the ceilings of their earning potentials. Aljo said the PPV #s for the Boston card weren't it.

Also...the last juice from the Conor tree should get squeezed. Using him for a pointless TUF and having him on the sidelines are wack. Bet he wish that lawsuit went through...it's kind of wack they can't just do side jobs as an independent contractor. Why can't he fight Paqman, etc?

Apex is trash

But they really found gold during the pandemic. It’s actually kinda insane how they were able to pivot into the apex and fight island ideas

Basically they’re printing money everytime they put on a card at the apex and obviously the Middle East bag is stupid

The promotional side of it is frustrating. It seems like they could easily pump out cheap propaganda pieces on all of their potential stars

But they just leave it to the fighters to promote themselves

And none of the savings are passed to the fighters lol. Just to WME and stock owners.

Yeah...it doesn't make sense. MVP!! Bro, they couldn't fly a lil crew out there to take pics and get some cherry picked training footage. And maybe get some words (or have Rogan or Anik chime in like they do for the Countdowns)?

And for fighters with a few fights, make a sizzle reel. Or throw up an info graphic here or there and say Fighter X is fighting on card Y.

And none of the savings are passed to the fighters lol. Just to WME and stock owners.

Yeah...it doesn't make sense. MVP!! Bro, they couldn't fly a lil crew out there to take pics and get some cherry picked training footage. And maybe get some words (or have Rogan or Anik chime in like they do for the Countdowns)?

And for fighters with a few fights, make a sizzle reel. Or throw up an info graphic here or there and say Fighter X is fighting on card Y.

It’s just about running a profitable business, if it were all about top line and a higher MC/valuation, Apex wouldn’t make sense.

They have 300 employees, which is pretty solid for where they are at business wise

If somehow it’s Arman vs Charlie there’s no way Islam waits to fight the winner right…
What is even going on with Islam? Are we waiting another half a year+?
Ali doing ali things

Hope pico can get away from Ali find a decent manager and go to the ufc
What's the point? Pico should focus on how to make a bigger name for himself and get paid.

At this point, if anyone thinks Ali is a great manager is kidding themselves besides his "relationships" with the organizations.

Back
Top Bottom