The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

The Khabib cam is embarrassing man. Pfllator need to quit that ****.

Real tight fight but Usman should be up 2-1 right now.
Bro. It was annoying. It’s unusual behavior. I’m sure Khabib is just there to support his cousin. PFellator making it more of a big deal than it needed to be. Interviewing the coach before the fighter. SMH.
Khabib can promote. Only fight left for Usman is the McKee fight then I’d like to see him in the ufc.
I’d like to see that McKee fight. Shows the UFC scouts the ceiling of the talent they’re going to get when the contracts expire lol.

Usman seems to have a very Muay Thai-ish style. He’s obviously got great wrestling. Just some of his entrances are a little far away due to the range he fights at. That fight wasn’t a good matchup for him since his opponent was a major counter striker.

PFellator almost a year after the buy out doesn’t seem like there’s any momentum. It’s like status quo. Props for getting Paul Hughes and developing that one young lady.

Guess we’ll see what happens with the October PPV.

LOL. Yeah right, Dana.

I’m all for DJ getting into the UFC hall of fame but dis dude is a pathological liar.

Last edited:
Well at least Dana and UFC brass will apparently honor Mighty Mouse at the next UFC hall of fame ceremony. Dana will just gloss over or deny he ever bad mouthed DJ for not taking the TJ fight or being a guy that didn't move the needle. Shame we never got the Cejudo trilogy fight but DJ has so many flyweight records and I don't see anyone ever breaking his title defense record as most fighters just don't defend the belt more than 3-4 times at most these days.

He's definitely on the GOAT Mt Rushmore.

And an honest question, who was the FW superstar post DJ? Henry? Figgy? Moreno? Pantoja?

DJ was the FIRST flyweight champion. He also has the title defense record for UFC title holders.

Title defense record holders:
1 DJ
2 Anderson
3 GSP
4 Jon Jones

And an honest question, who was the FW superstar post DJ? Henry? Figgy? Moreno? Pantoja?
It's moreso that FLW has never really had a legit star. As much attention as Cejudo brought I wouldn't necessarily call him a star as he was never mentioned in the same breaths as a Conor, Izzy, Jones, Ronda, etc. I think DJ's biggest issue was that he never promoted himself much while in the UFC and his opposition consisted of many guys formerly fighting on prelims. Plus as mentioned earlier him refusing to take the TJ fight without a pay bump really irritated Dana and co.

No one would really call Moreno, Figgy or Pantoja significant names either.

But really, who is moving the needle? I'd conservatively say 75% aren't box office. Weili, Grasso, Pennington, Muhammed, and DDP aren't exactly fan favorites.

Dana didn't know how to promote fly weight or DJ. They could've easily made a nice sizzle reel and said skill for skill, dude is the best in the promotion. That suplex into arm bar has to be in the top 10 MMA finish reel.

I was there for DJ whole run

It was hard promoting DJ because he was running through everyone at flyweight who were just not on his level...he was just so far ahead of everyone at the time. It didn't help these doods were the same size as middle schoolers at the time. (I think now that the sport has matured and fans have become more educated, Fly and Bantamweight get more loves THESE DAYS)

It was a slaughter offering for a while, you just KNEW DJ was gonna win. Similar to Khabib.

Dood literally beat everyone the UFC could find for him and eventually I think UFC fans got jaded, there were just NO CHALLENGES left for DJ.

Dood WON the UFC, moved on a WON ONEFC, true champion and pioneer for the sport.

Def one of the GOATS.
46093434_1941800725856490_805633872141221888_n.jpg

Standing ovation for DJ!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn’t a crazy take but DJ arguably won the second Cejudo fight. If they had done a third fight, he would have avenged that loss. And I don’t see Figgy or Moreno or Pantoja beating him. He was/is that good.

Skill for skills pound for pound, DJ was great. Arguably one of the most complete MMA champs ever.

Back
Top Bottom