The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Yeah, Pettis is going to pick alvarez apart. Unless alvarez can land big shots early in a wild exchange.

Yeah, Pettis is going to pick alvarez apart. Unless alvarez can land big shots early in a wild exchange.

Even then I'll take pettis chin over Alvarez. Let's not forget before rda pettis was being talked about in the p4p discussion

Yeah, a steroided out RDA couldn't knock pettis out, I doubt Eddie is doing it.

Also it's crazy how highly people (including myself) used to rank Eddie but now I honestly think he has a tough night vs anybody in the top 15 at lightweight. Or maybe I'm underrating him, but his last two performances really werent impressive.

I was never sold on alvarez, his chin and tendency to get hit has always been an issue. He has good recovery but only so long u can get by on that. He got into brawls too often. He better go right to wrestling against pettis

Thread could use more pics like that lol

B palmer was on track a few years back to takeover until the surgeries/botox

lol dana got yall so blind.

100% respect to pettis, amazing striker good fighter

but he was hand picked to be the champ a long time ago...he was exposed by RDA as not being complete...he may be miles ahead of the divion in striking, but he lacks many things as well.

The eddie fight is a carefully hand picked fight for pettis, pettis SHOULD win...thats how boxing/MMA is...

the fights are scripted, with a narrative....not to the extent to where they are paying eddie to take a dive (in most cases) BUT they will favor pettis in the matchup and give him a WINNABLE fight, possibly leading to a new carefully selected path back to the top. Dont be fooled he might have held the belt for like a year or maybe 1.5 buyt thats because he was hurt :lol: he only defended the belt ONCE AND....lost the first round of that defense, but he did a great job of catching gil in a sub and winning. He won the fight, but was slightly exposed (title fights cannot be easily hand picked for the champ without being too OBVIOUS *ahem CONOR *ahem)

aldo and fighters been in the game for a while understand the architecture behind the sport and the economics behind it.

I believe thats why aldo pulled out, turned down a **** load of cash to show those who were paying attention, the same design in boxing is being applied to the current UFC.

I still believe aldo will win and expose conor ala' pettis vs RDA

but some of yall got to wake up and see that these fights arent 100% just pick em fights, THATS NOT A SELLABLE PRODUCT.

so like i said, winnable fight for both, lets see is eddie capitalizes on the holes that were exposed in pettis game his last 2 fights.

stay woke!

Last edited:
^ ignorance is bliss.

there's levels to perception.

have a blessed day.
Have a horrible day 
laugh.gif

Seriously though, I'm not discussing Dana's matchmaking, WE ALL have been criticizing his matchups. Have you not been in the thread?

You're being a bit rough on Pettis, you forget that the one title defense was a grappler, who was probably on roids. He also beat Bendo, twice and tooled Cerrone too

Besides Khabib and RDA, who is supposed to not be a handpicked fight for Pettis? That's why you just talking to talk

Last edited:
Pettis ran through Bendo, Cerrone and Melendez, in less than 2 rounds each. Dude was fighting incredibly. And there's nothing hand picked or easy about that schedule. You're wildin

yeah he won those fights with his striking, amazing striker.

and did not run through gil, gil won the first round off pressure and grappling, he got wreckless and got caught (sub). Pettis is great and will catch you, but run through gil? c'mon man.

you think well ever see pettis vs khabib then?

Last edited:
chael had anderson beat 4.5 rounds until anderson caught him.

anderson got the submission and won. Andseron did not run through chael that first fight.

Last edited:
yeah he won those fights with his striking, amazing striker.

and did not run through gil, gil won the first round off pressure and grappling, he go wreckless and got caught. Pettis is great and will catch you, but run through gil? c'mon man.

you think well ever see pettis vs khabib then?
I never said he ran through Gil. He still subbed him by his own choke and Gil was probably roiding

Have you looked at the lightweight division roster lately? It's a majority of strikers, so there isn't much to match him up with besides Khabib. I see no reason why they wouldn't match up them together

Back
Top Bottom