The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Is that just in Nevada or everywhere?

Sad that weed is so frowned upon
Normally when one state commission gives out a punishment, all the other state commissions honor it.

I wonder if they suspended him for so long because its like his 3rd or 4th time failing the drug tests? But crazy that 3 tests were done on 1 day, 2 came back negative and 1 positive and they use only the positive test.

Normally when one state commission gives out a punishment, all the other state commissions honor it.

I wonder if they suspended him for so long because its like his 3rd or 4th time failing the drug tests? But crazy that 3 tests were done on 1 day, 2 came back negative and 1 positive and they use only the positive test.
Yeah the repeat offense thing was the problem when it came back positive. Lot of writers were saying he would get the chair so it's not surprising

It's just a shame  some of the laws that are in place regarding weed. They don't make sense

Wow , I hope Diaz appeals it. 5 year ban for weed ? I know he failed multiple times but 5 years is pretty much forcing the guy to retire.

Pathetic. Especially when steroid users get 2 years at the max. Nevada Commission is officially run by morons.

Not to mention the 165k fine...

:smh: Robbing the man. That decision needs to be appealed in a higher court, and everybody on the NSAC board involved with that nonsense needs to be fined/suspended/fired. I thought it was just Kizer, but I guess the whole commision sucks :smh:.

Pathetic. Especially when steroid users get 2 years at the max. Nevada Commission is officially run by morons.

A lot of commissions are a joke. I hate when they won't make a fight a no contest when it's obvious the ref messed up. They'd rather ignore it than right a wrong.

Chael popped for a cocktail of who knows what for a second infraction and only got a cpl years. Nick popped for a higher count granted it wasn't first time but he gets 5...somebody messed up the rotation amd dude took one extra puff and gets 5 plus the fine lol

These guys anti Marijuana or sumn cuz that seems backward as hell to me

Last edited:
Its all about ego with these commissions. They want fighters to go to hearings and beg for mercy. If they don't they hammer them.

I don't remember who, someone from MMAFighting, that said Silva would've gotten 8-10 months if he just accepted responsibility but he didn't so they gave him 12 months. Similar thing happened to the guy in Bellator, Shlemenko. The CSAC offered him a 1 year suspension if he pled guilty. He rejected them so they gave him 3 years for his 1st offense. Wandy got basically a lifetime suspension for going against the commission.

Where's UFC statement on all of this? They had a statement about Sonnen and even Silva saying they were looking forward to his return in 2016.

Yea they wanna feel like god. If the fighters don't beg and apologize they go hard on them.

It's crazy that fighters lives are in their hands

If the commission gave diaz 5 yrs for bud they gotta throw the book at silva.

Diaz could just leave the ufc and fight in bellator, they have a lot of there fights on Indian reservations, could the common step in still?

That's BS, i wish they would go hard on legit cheaters.

Set's a bad example for the sport.

If the commission gave diaz 5 yrs for bud they gotta throw the book at silva.

Diaz could just leave the ufc and fight in bellator, they have a lot of there fights on Indian reservations, could the common step in still?
I doubt Bellator would do that cause they wouldn't wanna piss off any commission. Same reason UFC doesn't do it. If they wanted they could hold a ppv in Japan and put all of the suspended fighters on the card cause there's no commission.

And UFC would have to let Diaz out of his contract to fight in Bellator. He's in a similar situation as Wandy. There was talk of him fighting in Japan but UFC would sue him and whatever organization he fought for. They wouldn't even let him be part of a promotional thing/autograph signing for Bellator. Which leads to the question, how the **** are these fighters considered independent contractors? Someone really needs to challenge that in court.

5 years is crazy but he was gonna get 18 months - 3 years. Its the 3rd time he's popped positive.

I was listening to a podcast this morning where it states they took three samples from him before and two after the fight. The first one and third were below the accepted levels and were sent to WADA. The second was like 750 ng, a huge discrepancy from the other two, and wasn't sent to WADA nor did they use the sample to rerun the test.

If there's justice, he'll win his appeal as it seems like an unreasonable witch hunt.

And have to spend more time and more money on lawyers to win the appeal. If there's justice he sues them for all his legal fees plus some and gets reinstated, and the clowns who made the decision get fired. They basically just completely ignored the evidence to the contrary and condemned that man because they felt like it :smh:.

Back
Top Bottom