The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

In reality the UFC could definitely get the wheels in motion to make some changes if they decided not to host fights in Vegas anymore, money talks.

But Nick was basically retired anyway and wasn't exactly a company guy, it really isn't worth their time or effort to call the vegas commission out. Now it'd likely be a whole different situation if this was Rousey or McGregor, GSP in his prime, Brock, Anderson Silva, etc., but it's not, so they're chillin.
Dana calls the commission out all the time

The only thing they could do is stop having events in Nevada. Yeah, never gonna happen

If they did this to someone like GSP or Ronda then maybe but other than that no

They'll never stop having events in Vegas. 

If fighters are upset, they can actually do something about it. Tell UFC that they don't wanna fight in Vegas anymore. The mma media is applauding Cejudo for saying he's refusing to fight in Vegas from now on, but they need big stars like Rousey, McGregor, Weidman, etc to take a stand and follow if they want change.

If the vegas state athletic commission doesn't screw a fighter over then i'm sure another commission will be waiting to.

^:lol: true, these commisions suck, but damn bruh Vegas STAYS ******* up. I mean Kizer basically got fired cause the dude was completely incompetent and I thought things would change but I guess not.

That's cool Cejudo is boycotting it, but yeah alot more people would have to join in to make something happen. But to be honest this decision is so goofy that I hope It doesn't even go to a boycott. A couple clowns got way too out of line and made a ridiculous ruling, hopefully Nick just appeals to a higher court soon and wins pretty easily, ala Tom Brady. Everybody can see this **** is just ridiculous.

Yes if big names like connor rousey etc follow suit with cejudo I can see them changing their tune cuz now that money Mayweather is done there gonna need money to roll in.

Kinda how they turned a blind eye to floyds domestic problems due to the $$$ he brought in

Man **** Cain

the UFC invested alot in cain...

tryna give him the best shot he can to get the title back.

between him being american, an ambassador for mexican MMA, and the harley & metro sponsorship's, I'm not surprised....

its more profitable for Cain as HW champ then Werdum, best believe they gonna give cain all the advantages they can from a organizational standpoint.

I think werdum got cain's # though

So reagridng the whole diaze mess....

if barry legalizes MJ in all 50 states before he dips, would this nullify the suspension??? :nerd:

Last edited:
A couple of dudes from my gym fighting this weekend....

David Branch for the WSOF LHW title.

Liam McGeary defending the Bellator LHW title.

#breakfaces

The athletic commissions don't care what substances are legal or illegal. If they're on the banned substance lists they have then they will get after you. Even if people have prescriptions for stuff they don't want your medications to have something on the list.

The athletic commissions don't care what substances are legal or illegal. If they're on the banned substance lists they have then they will get after you. Even if people have prescriptions for stuff they don't want your medications to have something on the list.

Nobody is arguing that. The facts are the tests were inconclusive, 2 passed 1 didn't. Secondly their own rules state 3 years for a situation like this, not 5. Not to mention the test that failed wasn't an accredited wada lab..

Nobody is arguing that. The facts are the tests were inconclusive, 2 passed 1 didn't. Secondly their own rules state 3 years for a situation like this, not 5. Not to mention the test that failed wasn't an accredited wada lab..

I know no one was arguing that. My post was in response to someone asking if weed was legalized in all of America would they lift his suspension.

Saw that Van Zant vs Calderwood is main eventing a fight night. Fan of both but I think Paige's aggression will be too much for Jojo.

Saw that Van Zant vs Calderwood is main eventing a fight night. Fan of both but I think Paige's aggression will be too much for Jojo.

Paige is so entertaining to watch. Her confidence in her ability is outstanding.

Also helps that she's a cutie pie with a nice little tush

Bellator tonight is going to be LIT

Bellator MMA’s Saturday event in San Jose, Calif., Dynamite 1, features a throwback to the earlier days of mixed martial arts where single-night tournaments were the lay of the land. The 21-fight card features a world title fight, kickboxing bouts, and a four-man light heavyweight tournament where the winner will have to go through two fights in the same night.

Light Heavyweight Title (MMA) Liam McGeary (c) vs. Tito Ortiz

Light Heavyweight Tournament Final (MMA) TBD vs. TBD 
Light Heavyweight (Kickboxing) Saulo Cavalari vs. Zack Mwekassa
Lightweight (MMA) Josh Thomson vs. Mike Bronzoulis
Welterweight (Kickboxing) Paul Daley vs. Fernando Gonzalez
Women's Bantamweight (Kickboxing) Keri Anne Taylor-Melendez (Gilbert Melendez' wife) vs. Hadley Griffith
Light Heavyweight Semifinal (MMA) Emanuel Newton vs. Phil Davis
Light Heavyweight Semifinal (MMA) Muhammed Lawal vs. Linton Vassell

Preliminary Card (Spike.com)
Featherweight (MMA) Victor Jones vs. David Blanco
Women's Flyweight (MMA) Gloria Telles vs. Alysia Cortez
Lightweight (MMA) Nick Pica vs. Mauricio Alonso
Lightweight (Kickboxing) Jose Palacios vs. TJ Arcengal
Middleweight (MMA) Brandon Hester vs. DeMarco Villalona
Lightweight (MMA) Israel Delgado vs. JJ Okanovich
Welterweight (MMA) James Terry vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha
Flyweight (MMA) Matt Ramirez vs. Josh Paiva
Featherweight (Kickboxing) Serhiy Adamchuck vs. Anvar Boynazarov
Bantamweight (MMA) Gabe Carrasco vs. Joe Neal
Lightweight (MMA) Adam Piccolotti vs. Marlen Magee
Featherweight (MMA) Ousmane Thomas Diagne vs. Mike Malott
Light Heavyweight Alternate Match (MMA) Francis Carmont vs. Anthony Ruiz

Wow, didn't know athletic commissions allowed tournament style events. Didn't know melendez's wife was a fighter either. I will give props to bellator for packing the event with a ton of fights.

Wow, didn't know athletic commissions allowed tournament style events. Didn't know melendez's wife was a fighter either. I will give props to bellator for packing the event with a ton of fights.
Yeah I think commissions have this rule now where fighters can't fight more than 5 rounds total in one day. 

Coker has always been good at his job. Look at all the former Strikeforce fighters that are now crushing in UFC. Hopefully now that he has Viacom's money he can challenge UFC.

^Idk about Glory. Maybe it doesn't fall under the same rules as MMA. Coker said they wanted to do a bigger tournament but the CA commission told him the fighters could only go 5 rounds total. They could mix it up however they want. 5 fights 1 round each, 2 fights 2 rounds each with 1 overtime, etc. So they chose 2 rounds in the 1st fights and 3 rounds for the last fight.

Damn. I missed the intro. If this 2 round fight ended in a draw then would they be able to have another round?

Back
Top Bottom