The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Diego Sanchez vs Jim Miller set for Fight Pass prelims at UFC 197. I hope they fill out the main card more and other than BJ Penn

Updated card

Conor McGregor vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Holly Holm vs. Miesha Tate
Erick Silva vs. Nordine Taleb
Corey Anderson vs. Tom Lawlor
Diego Sanchez vs. Jim Miller
Darren Elkins vs. Chas Skelly

Last edited:
Looking super far ahead but assuming Conor and Sage both keep winning...

:nerd:

I really just wanna see how Sage would react to the trash talk, :lol:

Miesha, sheesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said a year ago, Conor is going to wash RDA and come after Robbie. Robbie can try and land 100 punches on him, but Conor will still win in the first round.

wow cant wait.

Ill say this, if conner doesnt get the KO RDA will win....

but that left is crazy, I believe if he touches RDA clean 1-2 times, thats it...moving up to 70.

RDA need to come with that dom cruz movement and throw mcgod off lol

Man I love me some conor mcgregor right now :rofl:

The thing is, the "RDA is bigger and stronger" argument is invalid. Conor SHOULD be fighting at 155 to begin with, he was just able to go through those terrible weight cuts to get to 145.

People thinking rda is a beast because he is a beast. He's ran over guys who are tough as hell.

Conor detractors will point to the fact that Chad Mendes, a guy who Conor says all the time is a 135er, was able to take him down with ease and ground and pound the hell out of him. On less than a month's notice...

Just throwing it out there

Last edited:
People thinking rda is a beast because he is a beast. He's ran over guys who are tough as hell.

For sure, It's just comical when people spew nonsense.

Acting like Conor is moving up to fight Brock or something.

Dude is a MASSIVE featherweight and he'll be the bigger man come fight night w/ a pretty decent reach advantage.

RDA's been on a tear but lets not act like Conor didn't just KO a dude who hadn't lost in a decade in 13 seconds.

unlike aldo, RDA watches film...

rafael cordero is a wizard, could very well may be the difference in this fight.

I agree with conor that RDA and Aldo mirror each other...but only in the sense they are both complete...

I see RDA beating aldo if they fought though, that pressure is crazy.

Pettis is looking to fight NOW, Cowboy style. Dude wants a call within a week or so to get a matchup. I aint mad. Nate Diaz has been floated out there

More guys than I thought believed Pettis won against Alvarez. I also thought Gilbert beat Alvarez but it is what it is. Pettis can't stop a damn take down and can't get off the fence

Jon Dodson and Caraway also being floated for Dodson's 135 return 

Last edited:
Should someone score points for just leaning on a guy against a cage? Should the guy getting leaned on get points too since the other guy can't take him down? This is a fight, at least hit him with some strikes and not just hug him there.

pettis is a big name, you got dudes lining up for a crack at him now.

He talked all that **** about nate and khabib, lets see what fight he takes next.......

Should someone score points for just leaning on a guy against a cage? Should the guy getting leaned on get points too since the other guy can't take him down? This is a fight, at least hit him with some strikes and not just hug him there.
And takedowns with no damage or passes or sub attempts shouldn't mean much either

Scoring has been a big discussion lately, 10 point system also needs tweaking, not every 10-9 round is equal. I've been harping on that for years

Last edited:
pettis is a big name, you got dudes lining up for a crack at him now.

He talked all that **** about nate and khabib, lets see what fight he takes next.......
Nate and Khabib talked trash on Pettis first though. Pettis has usually been a quiet guy. He took quite a lot of verbal abuse from both of them

I personally thought Pettis won but Eddie just controlled the fight for too long with those takedowns. He wasn't doing squat tho.

When they were standing, Pettis was throwing way more significant strikes

I think the refs are a big part of it too,

the ref has to wreckognize when a dood is just trying to hold/rest/lpray they need to stand that **** up quick that way it discourages doods and forces them to find another way (adjust). Little pitty patter punches and body shots while holding someone down isnt going to cut it anymore.

god the worst is when you have a dood trying to finish a double or single, and CANT GET IT.....but he just hold onto that leg foreverrrrrrrr....break that **** upppp

couple of buddies and I were also talking about letting the ref score the fight as well....I think more than anyone in the arena, the ref has the best sense of how and where the fight went.

Im pretty sure a MMA scoring system is on the horizon for the UFC, id be suprised if by 2017 there isnt a new system in place, the UFC want to protect their product

The scoring system is controlled by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Unfortunately, I don't think it's changing any time soon

Back
Top Bottom