The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

That's Schaub!?

LOL.

Cain, :x

Dana already ripped his camp for their approach to training, dudes probably LIVID right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yall seen the way Cain trains its not a shock to hear this...

Far as Schaub goes, dude is doing real well for himself, career wise and personal life. I think he came out on top vs Ronda, dude had been talking bout all the negativity around her waaay before her fall from grace and he was right on with everything about edmond, distractions, her personality, etc...fighter and the kid podcast for yall that aint hip

Last edited:
Damn that sucks for Stipe. He earned the shot but now he has to be ready for a 5 rounder in basically 2 weeks :x. Hopefully he hasn't been taking it too easy since the last fight, but Werdum is not a guy you want to be facing on short notice.

And for as much as people **** on AKA for the training practices, I don't remember Koscheck, Fitch, Cormier or Rockhold ever pulling out of a major fight, and those are (or were) some of their biggest names. It's just mainly Cain, Khabib and Josh Thompson right? Maybe it's not a gym wide thing, maybe it's just a couple dudes who go too hard or are injury prone, or a combination of both.

Edit: Rockhold pulled out of that Strikeforce title fight with Lorenz Larkin back in the day but he mighta been exagerrating an injury so he could hold the title until the UFC switchover so I don't necessarily count that

Last edited:
Damn that sucks for Stipe. He earned the shot but now he has to be ready for a 5 rounder in basically 2 weeks
sick.gif
. Hopefully he hasn't been taking it too easy since the last fight, but Werdum is not a guy you want to be facing on short notice.
I was thinking the same thing. With Reem, Rothwell and Cain looming though, you just can't afford to not take the fight

It's unfortunate that the fight is so damn soon

Watching Road to the Octagon, Ben Rothwell's story 
eek.gif

I never knew he almost died twice. He had spinal meningitis as a kid and was in a coma. Then at 19 he and his friend were hit by a drunk driver, his friend died and he was put into another coma

Last edited:
How does Cain train? Just real rough with Luke and DC?

There was videos of him doing strength training with heavy weight on machines

:x :smh:

If he's still messing with that dude then no wonder he can't stay healthy.

I was thinking the same thing. With Reem, Rothwell and Cain looming though, you just can't afford to not take the fight

It's unfortunate that the fight is so damn soon

True I guess he didn't want to hit the back of the line again. Ah well, we'll see how it goes

Last edited:
There is absolutely no reason for an MMA fighter to be training like that.....

The idea is to combine strength with mobility. That's just plain stupid right there

Cain Velasquez is so washed, he gets his a** whooped by his sparring partners and gets injured by them.

Very disappointed this happened.

Last edited:
I imagine he'd be a lot stronger on them steaks..and not having to cut an extra 10lbs. Dude usually looks sick at weigh ins. Curious how he'll look March 4th

Last edited:
Like I said before, dude should naturally be fighting at LW imo. He's just been able to get away with those weight cuts to FW

Would've liked to see Overeem get the nod instead of Stipe, but whatever - his chance will come soon enough.

damn man.

cain.

his run TO THE title was impressive AF.

His reign as champ was solid to average at best.

He just been hurt so much in between it seems like hes defended his belt so many times but hes only actually defended it against bigfoot and JDS.

Not really all that impressive especially with the layoffs, injuries, and the disappointing loss to werdum.

I like cain, but damn.

its crazy how the UFC hype machine creates this aura of invincibility for guys and most of us feed into and believe it.

I always thought cain was a monster, but his level of comp was never really frightening while he was champ.

Granted, thats not his fault, he pretty much took everyone's head clean off that was in front of him....but thats how it be in HW..shallow with 1 or 2 alpha's. Always has.

Cain has definitely left his mark on MMA/heavyweight division.

Well see where he goes from here, hoping him a speedy recovery and back in the octagon soon.

Stipe bout to get waaaaaaaaaasshed! lol I mean ****, anything can happen, but damn 2 week notice...

Now werdum actually could be the greatest HW of all time, he def has the credentials, accolades, and big names under his belt.

I think if he defends the belt 3 times in the UFC (Most ever defenses in HW) hes got it.

Last edited:

Now Werdum pulled out too.....
WHAAAA???

Luke Rockhold just said he would "in a heartbeat jump to HW to fight Werdum". Werdum Tweeted out a picture of Rochold's head on a rooster saying "Luke Cockyhold". They've had a beef for a long time 
laugh.gif

Rockhold said he would light up Werdum 

Back
Top Bottom