The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

mendes was still the #1 contender after the irish fella beat him? I would say he got knocked down a notch and edgar was ahead of him.

Mendes wasn't even the #! contender before the Conor fight according to the UFC themselves.

Thats what it looked like after Jose beat Chad and Edgar beat Cub, who was #1 before they fought. Those rankings were like that for months.

And Cub was supposedly getting Aldo if he won.

I remember the UFC running promos on TV for 189 with Mendes ranked higher than he was on their website. And thinking, thats not just dishonest, it's just stupid. :lol: The website is such an easy fix.

Probably why Henry took the screen cap.

Last edited:
For Aldo the fighter, I don't think taking another year off and going straight into a title fight after getting knocked out is the move, but only because of the situation at hand, for the fans it might be a decent move. Best case scenario though, when Conor vs Frankie gets made, they put Aldo on the same card vs Holloway or Swanson or somebody as a showcase. If he runs through them, the rematch sells itself, and Aldo gets a little cage time and some confidence.

I just don't want to see Aldo or Frankie knock each other off before they get to fight Conor, but from what I was hearing that was the eliminator fight the UFC was trying to set up. And if it was up to me I'd give Frankie the Conor fight first, so I guess Aldo chillin for the time being is the least horrible option.

Unless the UFC was gonna offer Aldo up a get right fight that was not Frankie, then in that case he would just be ****in up.

illphillip

I dig it frankie got jumped.

I mean in my opinion it boils down to guys either waiting or getting right back in there.

Alot of guys like to get right back in there, stay active, stay in the ring.
Others like to take more time between fights, heal, tune up and look for the next step.

I think it's subjectable to each fighter based on their situations n what not...

he getting his shot, he should chill.

but check it out, depending n what happens with conor whether he gets washed and/or gets injured...that could hold things up in 45 for sure, I bet dana is going to be quicker on the draw putting up a interim belt than normal. We could possibly see aldo x edgar II for interim title(aldo wins he gets his rematch for a unification... frankie wins he finally gets conor....boom its literally red panty night for either)....I can see why dana let it ride, he pretty much got a gang of good fights no matter what happens.

As a fan, I'd love to see aldo fight asap and climb his way back up to title contention. It'll be great to see how he can overcome this defeat and see where his head is at.

I do understand Aldo's choice in sitting out and waiting though. the ufc pretty much left him in the dust, and while other champs got immediate rematches, he did not. I absolutely hate the instant rematch the ufc has been doing, but it's pretty unfair to aldo. If money is not an issue to him, sitting out and waiting for the next shot is understandable.

roll.gif

Damn, I just read that Hendricks had to shut down his steakhouse. Sucks
cuz he's his own biggest customer and he had to stop eating steak and mashed potatoes (just seen rustys post) lol i quoted it from last pg

and id like to see aldo take time off then come back to a title shot or a holloway type fight

he needs to recover mentally but physically too, first time he's been knocked out, like ronda he should take 6-8 months off esp cuz they spar hard down there

Last edited:
Aldo is an idiot if he's going to sit around waiting for a title shot, :lol:

I think if Conor beats RDA, there's a chance he vacates the 145 strap and competes @ 155/170.

Aldo should just man up and fight Holloway instead of sitting around waiting for something that may never happen.

To me it's kinda weird for a fighter to sit out a year when he's still good and not injured. But for aldo who's been champion so long I understand that he'll want his next fight to be a chance to get the belt back.

It boils down to Jose Aldo is scared

And he doesn't want to risk losing to another fighter and lose his title shot

Dude has been lifting/eating steaks similar to Conor chowing down on them tube steaks, so he probably would legit be as big.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom