The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Where does it say werdum pulled
mean.gif
Werdum saying he hurt his foot and back. Said he would be good in two or three months

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/1/25/10828922/fabricio-werdum-pulls-out-of-ufc-196-with-injury

He would have likely headlined whatever card he was on and been the main event.. So he was fighting 5rds regardless
laugh.gif
Not at UFC 200 if it was a non title fight. There are scenarios where he wouldn't be the main, especially if they put him on the same card as a Conor fight

Last edited:
That would be the exception. Or the Holly and Ronda rematch. Outside of that he's main event

That would be the exception. Or the Holly and Ronda rematch. Outside of that he's main event
DC vs Jones card? Now that Cain and Werdum are both out, I could have possibly seen them throwing Aldo on whichever card they rematch. UFC has stacked cards lately and seemed to have moved away from watering down their cards

Would have been LIT if they put him on the Vitor/Souza card in Brazil 

TJ on now with Ariel, saying he's reviewed the fight a lot and feels even more strongly that he won. Although he did congratulate Dom and said he's happy that Dom was able to get through all the injuries and come back

Last edited:
id wait a whole year too.

warm up fight for what? Risk the possibility of loosing/injury/another embarrassment.

Dude is in no rush, hes beaten everyone in the division already....Frankie is up next, then him.

No worries, kick back and collect some of that hamburger money, heal up, spend time with the fam bam, maybe compete in some BJJ tourney's, train and prepare for your next title fight.

He wants his belt back, rematch with conor, then probably retire. not mad at that.

Last edited:
I don't blame Aldo either. If he can afford to not take a fight, then I don't see an issue. It is up to him if he wants to fight or not

Looks like Ferguson didn't want to fight Khabib since Khabib can't return until April or May. Ferguson said he wanted to fight ASAP since he's having a kid. Apparently Alvarez wasn't an option for whatever reason. I don't see why Pettis wasn't an option but Johnson was. I don't know if I buy Ferguson's explanation. Hell, why couldn't it be Nate Diaz, who beat Johnson

Last edited:
Ariel saying he believes they'll make Pettis vs Nate. Now that would be a great fight. Wouldn't prove anything for Pettis but a great fight none the less

RDA:

“Of course, being in a press conference is part of our job,” dos Anjos said, “but it’s not a good experience to sit for more than an hour listening to a joker perform his routine. That wasn’t funny to me.”

“McGregor is a smart guy. He’s aware that he has two tough challengers in his division: Jose Aldo, who I think deserved an immediate rematch, and Frankie Edgar. So, he decided to come up to lightweight. If he wins, he’ll be ‘the man.’ If he loses, he’ll keep being the featherweight champion. So, he’ll do another fight, make more money, lose and keep being the champion. He’s definitely a smart guy.”

I think both Cerrone and Henderson are better fighters than McGregor, but a fight is a fight and I respect all my opponents in the same manner,” dos Anjos said. “I’ll train hard as always, and when I step into the Octagon, I’ll be even better than last time. One thing is for sure: When I put my hands on him, he will have nightmares about the lightweight division for a long time.”

“I don’t only have one strategy. I fight standup. I fight on the ground,” he commented. “What will make the difference is the volume of my game: takedowns, standup, kicking and punching. Wherever the fight goes, it will be bad and I will hurt him.”

“I remember when people started talking about it at the gym,” recalled dos Anjos. “I said he should come in on a Friday, our sparring day, but tell him to be aware that he might get hurt and have to cancel the fight.”

“I’ll never be his friend. I don’t want to be his friend. Actually, he is my No. 1 enemy.”

Last edited:
id wait a whole year too.

warm up fight for what? Risk the possibility of loosing/injury/another embarrassment.

By the same token, Edgar didn't need to fight Mendes. But he did.

Jose bugging right now. You got STARCHED. **** you "waiting" for?

Besides injury, those are all the wrong reasons to "wait". And this dude gets injured in training, so that don't even fly.

If you can't win your next fight against a challenger, you don't deserve another title fight. He is coming off a LOSS, not a WIN.

The whole FW **** is a mess. Partially because Conor is fighting at 155. Which I'm not entirely opposed to, as I want to see that fight.

But he hasn't legitimately defended the belt ONCE at 145 yet.

And Dana is ******* **** up too by selling these dudes fairy tales right after they fight :smh: And by handing Cain and Ronda "rematches" (at the time) for fights that were also lopsided.

Last edited:
Dana at the mercy of connor right now. Mcgregor wins his next 5 fights. He will be bigger than UFC. I cant see connor going back to 145 after 155 unless he gets smashed. If aldo sits another year that will be 13seconds of fighting in 2.5years. What's he need a break for? So who's the main fight in 196 then??

Besides injury, those are all the wrong reasons to "wait". And this dude gets injured in training, so that don't even fly.

If you can't win your next fight against a challenger, you don't deserve another title fight. He is coming off a LOSS, not a WIN.

The whole FW **** is a mess. Partially because Conor is fighting at 155. Which I'm not entirely opposed to, as I want to see that fight.

And Dana is ******* **** up too by selling these dudes fairy tales right after they fight :smh: And by handing Cain and Ronda "rematches" (at the time) for fights that were also lopsided.

nah

edgar needed that win for the title eliminator, t-rex was still the #1 contender.....so......he beat chad and became #1. He absolutely needed that fight. The cub win was dominant and impressive, but so was mendes win against llamas, #4 at the time (higher than cub)

aldo is already the #1 and frankie gets the next shot at 200......so......remind me why he needs to fight again?

I hate calling you out, but you be hella wrong dood.

Last edited:
Edgar didn't need to fight either but with the belt being tied up, he needed to get money

There is no real reason that Aldo NEEDS to fight, outside of needing money. If he can afford to chill out, there's no reason he shouldn't. Edgar can fight Conor in July at UFC 200 and then Aldo can fight the winner in 2017. No big deal

nah

edgar needed that win for the title eliminator, t-rex was still the #1 contender.....so......he beat chad and became #1. He absolutely needed that fight. The cub win was dominant and impressive, but so was mendes win against llamas, #4 at the time (higher than cub)

aldo is already the #1 and frankie gets the next shot at 200......so......remind me why he needs to fight again?

I hate calling you out, but you be hella wrong dood.

So when he beat the last #1 contender, Cub Swanson, he wasn't the #1 contender? According to Dana, that was the case. Look it up.

Plenty of people felt Edgar should have fought Aldo after that fight. Instead of Conor who had just beaten.....Denis Siver.

And you have the nerve to call me "hella wrong" :lol:

Anyone with 2 eyes and some sense knew that when Chad jumped Frankie as the "top contender" to fight Conor, it was a joke. That was openly discussed ad nauseum.

Frankie was ranked above Chad for several months.....before Jose got injured. It was a joke.

I don't know his Edgar's finances so maybe he needed money. Even then he probably didn't have to take that fight. And "risk losing" etc. Maybe he could have fought Denis Siver.

I already explained why I think Aldo should fight again. But since you missed it....he LOST. BAD.

Last edited:
jose my guy but he's listening to the wrong people on this one

get in, destroy someone, get out

needs to regain that fire and then fight for the title

Last edited:
I'm an Aldo fan but great fighters being inactive for a year and "waiting" for title shots after a LOSS (as opposed to someone like Woodley, off a W) is preposterous IMO.

I'd rather see him fight again. Like someone said, an elite fighter only fighting for 13 second in over 2 years is no good, especially if he's actually healthy for a good chunk of it.

For someone like Aldo, who if any former champ, deserves the outright rematch, he has a bit more latitude to wait. Someone who has never been champ and is coming off an L, yeah that's ridiculous to sit out a year

For all the buildup that Aldo had going into that fight, taking a long break could actually be necessary to recover mentally. I don't think he's actually going to wait a year either but it just shows that he's willing to. If anything, this is a good thing for Frankie. If Aldo didn't sit out that long, Dana would probably skip Frankie again 
laugh.gif

I also don't think he needs a tune up fight to regain his fire. Since he's deadset on getting his title back, I think he's displayed the motivation and desire to become champ again

If you need to take a long break to recover mentally, a tune up fight might do you good too.

And if Dana was going to skip Frankie again, Jose wouldn't have to wait a year. Jose/Conor could happen at 200. Still might :lol:

Jose is only waiting a year because he's assuming Frankie is up next for the 145 belt.

If it was a close fight with Conor, I wouldn't be as mad at a rematch. Or any of this.

But the fact that fighters, even champions, who lost very decisively are being treated like this/acting like this is OD to me.

But Dana set the precedent, so in that respect, I can't blame Jose.

What's also frustrating for me is the guy has had to pull out of a few fights he actually was signed up for. Now he's going to lose a year of his prime "waiting"?

Sucks for all of us.

Last edited:
If you need to take a long break to recover mentally, a tune up fight might do you good too.

And if Dana was going to skip Frankie again, Jose wouldn't have to wait a year. Jose/Conor could happen at 200. Still might
laugh.gif

Jose is only waiting a year because he's assuming Frankie is up next for the 145 belt.

If it was a close fight with Conor, I wouldn't be as mad at a rematch. Or any of this.

But the fact that fighters, even champions, who lost very decisively are being treated like this/acting like this is OD to me.

What's also frustrating for me is the guy has had to pull out of a few fights he actually was signed up for. Now he's going to lose a year of his prime "waiting"?

Sucks for all of us.
Yeah I agree with your first sentence. Of course a tune up fight could be and is probably good for him, my angle is that if anyone deserves a rematch, it's Aldo. It was a great move by Conor but it wasn't much of a fight

That's my point on Frankie. If Aldo didn't wait a year, Frankie could get skipped again. I personally want to see Frankie more than the Aldo rematch, so that's why I said it's a good thing that Aldo is sitting it out. I don't have any problems with the belt being contested in July and then Aldo fighting the winner in 2017. The guy that gets screwed is Holloway

Last edited:
he's gonna wind up just like barao and anderson in their rematches if he goes this route

he needs to destroy some people

speaking of barao, he aint done nothing since tj destroyed him, needs to come to kings and hit 145

pedeneiras blinding these dudes

Last edited:

And if Dana was going to skip Frankie again, Jose wouldn't have to wait a year. Jose/Conor could happen at 200. Still might :lol:

Sucks for all of us.
Yeah I agree with your first sentence. Of course a tune up fight could be and is probably good for him, my angle is that if anyone deserves a rematch, it's Aldo. It was a great move by Conor but it wasn't much of a fight

That's my point on Frankie. If Aldo didn't wait a year, Frankie could get skipped again. I personally want to see Frankie more than the Aldo rematch, so that's why I said it's a good thing that Aldo is sitting it out. I don't have any problems with the belt being contested in July and then Aldo fighting the winner in 2017. The guy that gets screwed is Holloway

This is what I'm talking about. I would love an Aldo/Holloway fight in the meantime (first thing that came to mind in the McGregor/Aldo aftermath).

I think a few people were into that idea in this thread alone.

I know it's a stretch though because you potentially derail a young contender in Holloway. And they can push the "revenge" angle if he fights Conor again.

But if Edgar is next at 145. And Conor may float between 145+155, you have to still put on big fights at 145 and that title may only get defended once a year as is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom