The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

They did a special called "In The Clinch with Matt Serra" on FS1. 1/2 hour.

Ariel hangs with Serra for a day. Talks his past. Visits some spots in Serra's hood. Hangs with his fam.

Good watch if you can catch it. I ***** with Matt
laugh.gif
Serra is one of the most natural funniest dudes in mma. doesn't need gimmicks and rehearsed **** stolen from wwe wrestlers

that part in the end where ariel asked about him wanting kids, i nearly died laughin

Last edited:
The mirror game with his daughter was great too.

Crazy that dude couldn't join the Marines because he bit someones ear off.

Life works in mysterious ways.

Yeah, that mirror game was funny. They just started playing it and helwani was like wth is going on.

Last edited:

Shogun vs Evans has been made
Cool, wasn't that the title shot Shad was about to get before he hurt his knee and Bones got in and the rest became history?

This is from Aldo's IG post
[h1]Hi everyone, i was quiet for a while because i was waiting for my rematch based on how the fight Went down, in fact I was already training for it, but apparently I was wrong. So I wanted to make something clear to UFC: for everything I have done, everything I have accepted and mostly how the fight ended, I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot . My only exception would be fighting thenotorious , at any time, anywhere , and once that he is scary and knows that I'm gonna win .... Doesn't have to be title fight against him. Keep my belt, but I wanna whoop ur *** anywhere.
@danawhite  @lorenzofertitta  @ufc  keep ur word. I still believe in the company that I work for.
#rematch
[/h1]

Yup, it's the match that was supposed to happen for Shad. It's sad to see these guys getting older and more banged up

Reading that IG post from Aldo, I respect that. He can do whatever the hell he wants for accomplishing all he has. He doesn't even care about the belt anymore, which is not surprising

Luke Thomas brought up a good point today on his show, that the UFC isn't really making the RDA vs Conor fight feel special. It's actually surprising that Dana isn't milking this and shoving it down our throats. There is zero mention of a "Champion vs Champion" match. If ever you were allowed to hype a fight, it should be this one

Too bad for aldo the ufc is on the side of the guy he hates. It's like when the mcmahons in wwe like a heel and give him all the favoritism.

Bellator this Friday night, Semtex is fighting

I was hoping Michael Page was on this card, but he will be fighting March 4, one night before RDA vs Conor. Great few nights of fights that weekend

Last edited:
Yup, it's the match that was supposed to happen for Shad. It's sad to see these guys getting older and more banged up

Reading that IG post from Aldo, I respect that. He can do whatever the hell he wants for accomplishing all he has. He doesn't even care about the belt anymore, which is not surprising

Luke Thomas brought up a good point today on his show, that the UFC isn't really making the RDA vs Conor fight feel special. It's actually surprising that Dana isn't milking this and shoving it down our throats. There is zero mention of a "Champion vs Champion" match. If ever you were allowed to hype a fight, it should be this one

wonder how edgar feels about this.

Shogun vs Evans has been made

Cool, wasn't that the title shot Shad was about to get before he hurt his knee and Bones got in and the rest became history?

This is from Aldo's IG post

[h1]Hi everyone, i was quiet for a while because i was waiting for my rematch based on how the fight Went down, in fact I was already training for it, but apparently I was wrong. So I wanted to make something clear to UFC: for everything I have done, everything I have accepted and mostly how the fight ended, I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot . My only exception would be fighting thenotorious , at any time, anywhere , and once that he is scary and knows that I'm gonna win .... Doesn't have to be title fight against him. Keep my belt, but I wanna whoop ur *** anywhere.

@danawhite

@lorenzofertitta

@ufc
 keep ur word. I still believe in the company that I work for.

#rematch

[/h1]

Conor really knocked his screws loose :smh:

Edgar should feel ok. I believe regardless of what happens to Conor in March, that his next fight will be Edgar

Aldo saying he's willing to sit out a year bodes well for Edgar

Edgar should feel ok. I believe regardless of what happens to Conor in March, that his next fight will be Edgar

Aldo saying he's willing to sit out a year bodes well for Edgar

I hope so man. I like FE and Aldo...but FE deserves a damn shot already.

Would hate to see the UFC skip FE just because they might feel that Aldo would be the "easier" fight.

Edit: on a side note, not sure how I feel about shogun vs rashad.

shogun looks like a shell of his former self..and i don't want to see him lose another fight. i imagine rashad will out wrestle him with relative ease.

Last edited:

Between this and Conor showing up on the poster standing behind RDA with no belt on, maybe the whole "Conor is getting bigger than the UFC" thing might be rubbing some folks the wrong way :nerd:

Yeah it's like they doing these subtle things to throw shade. Seems more like they're cutting off their nose to spite their face. They have an amazing opportunity to really make this a memorable event

To be fair, Conor shouldn't have a belt on he poster considering his title won't be on the line.

I don't think it is any kind of shade, more so trying to make it seem less important because if he loses after a huge media circus it would look even worse. You let a lighter weight champ dictate the organization while investing a ton in media only to have him lose?

There just trying to cover themselves in the event that their loudmouth champ gets obliterated like their last loudmouth champ did.

Either Edgar or Aldo going to have to fight someone other than Conor when ufc 197 is done. Ufc is going to have to throw a lot of money at Edgar and Aldo to fight someone else if they don't get matched up against Conor.

I feel for Aldo but when you get knocked out like that you def need to take another fight. IMO Edgar should be next and Aldo should fight Max.

To be fair, Conor shouldn't have a belt on he poster considering his title won't be on the line.

I don't think it is any kind of shade, more so trying to make it seem less important because if he loses after a huge media circus it would look even worse. You let a lighter weight champ dictate the organization while investing a ton in media only to have him lose?

There just trying to cover themselves in the event that their loudmouth champ gets obliterated like their last loudmouth champ did.
That's a good point. Thinking about it more, I'm kind of glad they aren't hyperboling the hell out of it being a superfight. Considering McGregor has made exactly zero title defenses

I just figured they have the opportunity of a lifetime, they haven't done a champ vs champ very often

Jose will lose again :frown:

He's too emotional. Conor broke that man

I know the feel. When I play a video game and I'm dominating i feel like I'm the shiiiiii. But when I come across that cat that owns me, I never want to play again. Word to madden 2007. Never owned a madden after that.

RT @shaunalshatti: UFC 196 now rebranded as UFC Fight Night: Hendricks vs. Thompson, per UFC, which means UFC 197 is now UFC 196: McGregor vs. RDA. Got that?

I can definitely see that. In the past they did promote both titles in the GSP vs BJ match, but I can see them feeling a way about it now because of the hype surrounding Conor. They could basically be hedging their bets in case RDA turns out to be a legit as he's been looking. I guess we will see

This might be the closest i ever come to defending Dana, the UFC, and **** Boy Conor again

But their is precedent, so I don't see it as that big a deal

View media item 1887021

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom