The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

170 title fight between wonderboy and mcgregor

if wonderboy fights for the title and beats lawler

and mcgregor beats dos anjos

this will be dana's dream matchup lol

To be fair, I think it has a lot to do with him being lanky and throwing his funky Karate kicks.

Let's be real, Anderson Silva is not and was never a legitimate Thai boxer. That's just something the UFC liked to say because he was from Chute Boxe. Chute Boxe is like a glorified TKD version of Muay Thai.

I was watching some old Silva.

That neck plumb plus knee combo was DEADLY man

I was watching some old Silva.

That neck plumb plus knee combo was DEADLY man

For sure, Vanderlei did that well against dudes that had no concept of clinching. He was brutal with it in Pride.

Last edited:
Just rewatched the Wonderboy match. The Karate Kid celebration at the end 
pimp.gif
 saw him limping and thought he was injured 
laugh.gif

If DC survived that bomb from rumble I think he's fine against Jon..only stoppage I see is if Jon can submit him.

He's been a hard 5 with Gus since then though.

Jon might not have heavy hands but he throws everything. The elbows are especially evil so i could see a TKO.

Rda sparring with lyoto

Said that bendo and cowboy are better fighters than Conor and that Diaz is a better boxer

Said he isn't going to just go for take downs and that he will beat Conor standing

Said that Irish fans have been hitting him up saying please beat conor lol

Last edited:
Can't believe we're so close to their fight already :wow:

RDA can't say I'm gonna go in there and take him down all 5 rounds :lol: gotta make it seem like he gonna stand and trade. Come fight day Conor only movement will be off his back :pimp:

Is the better fighter/boxer the one who win wins more rounds or the one who puts his opponents to sleep?

I dunno.

If we are talking about actual boxing ability, it is a skill based assessment. Even the worst boxers can KO somebody if the stars align.

If we are talking about actual boxing ability, it is a skill based assessment. Even the worst boxers can KO somebody if the stars align.
Then the stars must align often for Conor

Like what is the the objective of Fighting?

Is it to have good technique and form? score points? win rounds?

Or is it destroy your opponent in short Time as possible?

I dunno

Last edited:
Is the better fighter/boxer the one who win wins more rounds or the one who puts his opponents to sleep?

I dunno.

The one who wins more rounds. Like someone said above...plenty of guys have the power to knock somebody out. I would think most professional boxers/MMA fighters could knock somebody out 90% of the time if they get a clean shot; but if you don't understand angles, footwork, body position, and the strategy of the sport you will rarely get that chance.

Last edited:
cormier got a big ol noggin. think he can survive five rounds again. don't think he'll win, just the same ol same gonna happen when he faces jones

It won't be long until my Miesha bae with her improved hands will get a belt.

holly got decades of perfecting them hands and kicks. i like miesha but she better be able to get this to the ground or holly finna kick her head off clean. guess anything can happen but still...

ya think conor will get that -2000 type betting line like ronda :nerd:

Last edited:

I dunno.

The one who wins more rounds. Like someone said above...plenty of guys have the power to knock somebody out. I would think most professional boxers/MMA fighters could knock somebody out 90% of the time if they get a clean shot; but if you don't understand angles, footwork, body position, and the strategy of the sport you will rarely get that chance.

What I'm saying is Conor OFTEN gets those chances though

His UFC record is 7W, 6KO

His MMA record is 19-2, 17KO

Last edited:
What I'm saying is Conor OFTEN gets those chances though

His UFC record is 7W, 6KO

His MMA record is 19-2-0, 17KO

I see your point...his power, footwork, and understanding of his body position and his opponents is why IMO.

I have only seen one person in my life who's knockout power completely negated the need to be strategic...and that guy was Mike Tyson. You saw later in his career his inability to fight strategically when he couldn't overpower a guy led to some losses.

cormier got a big ol noggin. think he can survive five rounds again. don't think he'll win, just the same ol same gonna happen when he faces jones

It won't be long until my Miesha bae with her improved hands will get a belt.

holly got decades of perfecting them hands and kicks. i like miesha but she better be able to get this to the ground or holly finna kick her head off clean. guess anything can happen but still...

ya think conor will get that -2000 type betting line like ronda :nerd:
Not even close :lol:

Pretty sure RDA will be the favored one

Back
Top Bottom