The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

It will be interesting to see how Conor will deal with Nate's length and boxing

He took a fair amount of damage from Mendes short arms.

Also he was not able to finish Holloway who is also long
Nate always takes damage himself...

Conor couldn't finish Holloway in large part because he tore his knee midway through. I do agree though, fighting someone who has similar or longer reach and height will be interesting to say the least

Conor jumped from 145 to 170. That is impressive, I noticed when Nate said Conor was on steroids conors whole demeanor changed.

I want to say it will be a 1st round knock out but I think it will go the distance.

Conor reminds me of a young floyd. Flamboyant, extravagant, lavish, with phenomenal performances.

Conor jumped from 145 to 170. That is impressive, I noticed when Nate said Conor was on steroids conors whole demeanor changed.

Stop.

Jumping from 145 to 170 would mean fighting an actual welterweight, not a lightweight that wasn't in a fight camp and had the ability to negotiate less weight cutting on short notice. Y'all act like a win over Nate at 170 means something, but it really won't mean anything beyond he could hang with lower ranked lightweights.

lmao @ DC

im doin the 180 heel turn on the notorious solely because hes always crusing around with the top down listening to 90s and 2000s hip hop :pimp:

what a guy

Stop.

Jumping from 145 to 170 would mean fighting an actual welterweight, not a lightweight that wasn't in a fight camp and had the ability to negotiate less weight cutting on short notice. Y'all act like a win over Nate at 170 means something, but it really won't mean anything beyond he could hang with lower ranked lightweights.

Never said he was on it im just saying it was interesting that Nate would bring up steroids and claim the whole organization is on it. Including his trainer.

Either or it is impressive to me to move up in weight classes like that.

Doesn't Nate have victories at 170?

I wonder if Conor will get flustered when Nate ***** slaps him

Last edited:
Never said he was on it im just saying it was interesting that Nate would bring up steroids and claim the whole organization is on it. Including his trainer.

Either or it is impressive to me to move up in weight classes like that.

The Diaz brothers have a tendency to call steroids on opponents, so that didn't surprise me too much. Seems kind of like a slap in the face of Dana to bring it up too. Nate is like "yeah, I'll take the fight unprepared for all that money, but I'm still going to do whatever I can to make you look stupid. And have to respond to the media about allegations that have proved to be true in the past."

To me the move up isn't impressive at all, his weight cut to 145 is more impressive. He was probably cutting from 170-175 beforehand anyway, so fighting at his natural weight against somebody roughly the same natural weight doesn't seem like a big deal. Unless the UFC doesn't always have to deal with an IV ban or folks have figured out a way around it, his weight cuts are impressive. He looks like he's on death's door on the scale normally.

Last edited:
The Diaz brothers have a tendency to call steroids on opponents, so that didn't surprise me too much. Seems kind of like a slap in the face of Dana to bring it up too. Nate is like "yeah, I'll take the fight unprepared for all that money, but I'm still going to do whatever I can to make you look stupid. And have to respond to the media about allegations that have proved to be true in the past."

To me the move up isn't impressive at all, his weight it to 145 is more impressive. He was probably cutting from 170-175 beforehand anyway, so fighting at his natural weight against somebody roughly the same natural weight doesn't seem like a big deal. Unless the UFC doesn't always have to deal with an IV ban or folks have figured out a way around it, his weight cuts are impressive. He looks like he's on death's door on the scale normally.

That is true, cutting while maintaining strength is extremely difficult. Repped. I guess I am used to seeing him at 145. Ive never seen him at his normal weight before.

Nate seems off to me, the way he talks and his mannerisms. But that is true it was a low blow at Dana, I was surprised he said it.
Who do you have wining it?

360waves 360waves , as much as I want to see him lose, I see Conor winning it.

I don't see Nate playing it smart and using his BJJ like he should. His pride will get in the way and he'll get stuck in a stand up fight taking more damage than he gives as long as Conor can deal with the height/reach disadvantage.

Though Diaz has been stopped before, I think he'll probably lose on points.

That is true, cutting while maintaining strength is extremely difficult. Repped. I guess I am used to seeing him at 145. Ive never seen him at his normal weight before.

Nate seems off to me, the way he talks and his mannerisms. But that is true it was a low blow at Dana, I was surprised he said it.
Who do you have wining it?

Them Diaz boys always talk like that.

nate having him locked in a triangle and flipping him off would be so good. Or have him in a gogoata like his bro had gomi in and ask him how his nuts taste.

Just saw Mikey Burnett shot multiple times Monday night in an attempted robbery and is recovering in the hospital.

Pretty wild to think it's been 17 years since he fought in the UFC.

Back
Top Bottom